U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 12:46 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,580,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by internat View Post
Laugh? Is this funny to you?

You must have lived under a rock the last few years if you haven't heard of words like "Islamofascism".

You have been around this forum for long and probably others to know of agent provocateurs.

Personally, I dislike their law. That's not the issue.
As a matter of fact, the first thing I did when I read it was laugh.

I suppose I could feel sorry for the two poor people who put themselves in a position where they were so drunk they were unaware of what they are doing, then broke local law and were arrested.

It's THEIR country. They can do whatever the hell they want. Their country, their laws. What business is it of ours? Unless it was my child or relative, I could care less. If it was my child or relative, the first thing I would do is ask them why the hell they were not more careful when traveling in foreign lands......Then I would do my best to get them out of jail, but I wouldn't be saying that the gov't over there was stepping out of line in enforcing their laws.

This is not like the case of the teenager in Singapore who was supposed to be (or was) caned because he threw gum on the sidewalk, or something ridiculous like that. This was in the news years and years ago, and was terrible.

Like I said before, if these people were sentenced to be stoned to death or beheaded or something like that, I would have been outraged.

According to the article, the judge releases his "findings" after 15 days or something like that... If there isn't proof that these people were breaking the law, I'll join you in solemn (non laughing) protest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 01:25 PM

11,290 posts, read 7,885,503 times
Some cultures are so perverted that they should not only be fined but given a good punishment

Old 10-22-2008, 06:28 PM

18,264 posts, read 7,284,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
I look at the middle east as a big toilet..period.

you do realize the oil you put in your car comes from there? The Middle East isnt a big toilet i have very good friends from Saudi Arabia, The West Bank and Egypt and they are some of the most friendliest and kindest people you will ever meet. + they certainly know how to make good food!!! You shouldnt judge a book by its cover. sure the title might be intimidating but the book may turn out to be one of the best you have ever read. just like the Middle East yeah it has troubles but if you travel/live there you may find out that is one of the best places in the world to be!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia