U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:56 PM

769 posts, read 2,011,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
This is what happens with over population. This is what's in store for the U.S. and Europe if they don't curb immigration.

I would imagine many of these people must miss there stop as well, because they can't get out...too many people in the way...
Ah, but Japan's overpopulation has nothing to do with immigration. They created overpopulation themselves. And besides, the United States may be overpopulated but it isn't overcrowded. We have waaaaaaay more room to fit our people than Japan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 06:38 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,499,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningMcQueen View Post
So what happens if you get packed in the middle and you need to get out at the next stop? Does everyone spill out at the next stop and then get re-packed in? Imagine if this happened in NYC subway !?!?!
It's crazy! I have tried and I have the trolley also. Japanese people are very tidy
I have seen NYC subway also but I think that in Tokyo subway there are a lot of people.

I love NYC!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 AM

514 posts, read 1,435,294 times
Yeah, it's like that in crowed countries. It can be a blessing or a curse depending on how you deal with it. Japan dealt with its overpopulation exceptionally well, the whole JIT, investment in clean energy and energy efficiency, the precise planning of all things Japanese, the world-class public transportation system all are result of the need to deal with overpopulation. America still has a long way to go before it learns how to deal with the inevitable population crunch, the whole wastefulness we see everywhere in America stems from the fact that America has never head to worry about lack of resources so far, yet we all know resource is finite and population growth isn't, better to prepare now than wait til too late.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:07 PM

232 posts, read 690,764 times
Is it wrong that upon reading this thread I immediately had a vision of being packed on a crowded train full of Hooters girls? Of course, that would never happen in real life, but a man can dream...

Old 11-05-2008, 04:02 PM

2,449 posts, read 4,813,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
This is what happens with over population. This is what's in store for the U.S. and Europe if they don't curb immigration.

I would imagine many of these people must miss there stop as well, because they can't get out...too many people in the way...
Yeah, cuz of all those subways we take in the US.
You could double the number of people in the US and that wouldn't happen

Old 11-09-2008, 10:08 AM

63 posts, read 199,461 times
It's true I think, even though trains that run within the city in japan come every 2-3 mins. For the trains that goes to another city, it runs every 10 mins.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:18 PM

2 posts, read 7,727 times
I personally didn't have trouble getting out of the train. The people standing around the doors usually ( and are expected to ) get out at every stop so that other people can walk out.

It's crowded like that especially in the morning, but other than commuting time( morning and evening) it's not that bad like the video. You see pushers only in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or