Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 09:46 PM

43 posts, read 48,471 times

Advertisements

I have satisfied internet speed in my country. But when I went on business trip to Korea and used it's internet service,My mind was changed. Returning home, I didn't like slower internet speed than Korea's.I needed time to get used to original speed again. I heard Korea is remained top in internet speed. The bandwidth of Korea is 14mps per second that is 7 times faster than 1.9mps an average of the world. I use some goods made in Korea like home appliances I'm quite satisfied with those things too. My friend said to me, AVATAR also used Korea's 3D technique and lately they succeeded in demonstrating 4G mobile communication(LTE-ad.) that is available to transfer 3D VIDEOS. I think, they could make ubiquitous society at first in the world considering it's current skills. if we use speedy internet service like korea, maybe everyday we can see this kind of fun stuffs more quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnM1eeVoyo4

i'm just kidding sorry everyone.

Last edited by jellyfish16; 01-26-2011 at 10:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 10:09 PM

16,265 posts, read 43,058,695 times
I use to live in Korea.

Technology for internet and just about everything...cell phones, etc. is so much better than the U.S.

The U.S. is getting more and more stone age every decade...

Old 01-27-2011, 12:28 AM

5,043 posts, read 7,459,745 times
Yep its good, crank it right up to fulfill every Korean mans online gaming fantasy. Dont know how its exactly achieved in Korea?

They Government hear in Australia is currently rolling out Fiber Optic Cables right around the country, which they claim will make the speeds faster than Koreas, its going to take 10 years and cost at least $50 Billion.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:13 PM

43 posts, read 48,471 times
Default thank you for reply~~~!

tiger beer: it was quite comvenient for me to play high quality 3d games or online games.

danielsa1775 : is that right?? i'm curious australia will come true ultra speed internet. i expect it.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:56 PM

5,043 posts, read 7,459,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyfish16 View Post
tiger beer: it was quite comvenient for me to play high quality 3d games or online games.

danielsa1775 : is that right?? i'm curious australia will come true ultra speed internet. i expect it.
Hi Jellyfish, hear is a fact sheet for you,

http://www.nbn.gov.au/sites/all/files/pdf/National-Broadband-Network-Overview-fact-sheet.pdf (broken link)

edit: Or maybe this one might give you a better overview.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Broadband_Network

Last edited by danielsa1775; 01-27-2011 at 07:17 PM..

Old 01-27-2011, 07:20 PM

16,265 posts, read 43,058,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyfish16 View Post
Plus you can walk down almost ANY street in Seoul or any small town in Korea, and literally see a half dozen (PC-BANGS) or INTERNET CAFES absolutely everywhere, very cheap - $1/hour with the best technology.

Then you go to the U.S., and you see nearly zero internet cafes...unless its some high end one with $5+/hour internet usage.

On the plus side, is in the U.S., the Korean immigrants are bringing their computers and charging low prices....but they always put it in Korean.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:14 AM

112 posts, read 280,441 times
Not bad, here´s my connection.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:39 AM

441 posts, read 1,324,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbicon View Post
Not bad, here´s my connection.
More like government funded.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 AM

277 posts, read 625,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I use to live in Korea.

Technology for internet and just about everything...cell phones, etc. is so much better than the U.S.

The U.S. is getting more and more stone age every decade...
Whatever guy, if you notice in the video, he is using Microsoft Windows.
The computer is most likely using an Intel or AMD cpu and the video card
is most likely either Nvidia or AMD. We put men on the Moon and sent remote control rovers to Mars, we built the Space Shuttle a long time ago.

I feel so backward here in the U.S. with all our backward technology,
We invented Plasma, LCD and OLED displays. Our military is the most advanced in the world and we dominate in computers and Aerospace.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:47 AM

44 posts, read 221,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayneb View Post
Whatever guy, if you notice in the video, he is using Microsoft Windows.
The computer is most likely using an Intel or AMD cpu and the video card
is most likely either Nvidia or AMD. We put men on the Moon and sent remote control rovers to Mars, we built the Space Shuttle a long time ago.

I feel so backward here in the U.S. with all our backward technology,
We invented Plasma, LCD and OLED displays. Our military is the most advanced in the world and we dominate in computers and Aerospace.
I'm not from the USA but if I were, I'd say the same as you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia