Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:49 AM

66 posts, read 337,352 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I'm planning on visiting Phuket next month with a friend to see her family and wondered if anyone had an suggestions on what to see/ be careful of. I am interested in local fishing (not charter) and I understand about the mosquito thing (bring lots of bug spray). Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 04:24 PM

3 posts, read 11,329 times
You can buy a bug spray here.Not expensive,best quality.
Sorry I can not give you about Phuket information.
I live in Bangkok.^_^
Have a nice trip.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:02 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,692,902 times
ladyboys. You can be tricked by their appearence. Now, when they undress is a whole different thing...

Old 11-17-2017, 08:19 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner1 View Post
Hello all, I'm planning on visiting Phuket next month with a friend to see her family and wondered if anyone had an suggestions on what to see/ be careful of. I am interested in local fishing (not charter) and I understand about the mosquito thing (bring lots of bug spray). Thanks!
Going to Phuket for fishing?

Old 11-17-2017, 02:06 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Things to do? - whoring! Things to be careful of? - whores.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:34 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
We went as a family and this didn't have anything to do with ladyboys or whores. Has a great time. The only bad meal we had there was when my wife insisted we have Chinese food and went to a place owned by a Chinese family... It was terrible... Everything else we had was amazing, whether it was Thai or other cuisines.

We stayed in Patong for most of the trip and did some shopping in the area. There are kickboxing shows in the area if you're into that. We hired a driver to take us all over the island and went to the big Buddha, bird park and zoo (which our daughter loved), and hit a few beaches. If you do go fishing and get a good catch or go to the famous fish market and buy one, a lot of restaurants will cook the fish for you in a Thai dish for a fee, which is cool. My wife loved the seafood there, said it was the best she'd ever had.

If you're brave, rent a scooter (it's really cheap, just a few dollars a day, and you can get out further from where you're staying to see the sights and stop along the way. The whole island is really beautiful.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:56 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,881,848 times
Do spent time in Krabi. The scenery is more spectacular.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:21 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,568,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Do spent time in Krabi. The scenery is more spectacular.
Going in the Spring, and will be staying in Bangkok and Krabi. I will take the ferry over to Ko Phi Phi as well and hope to see the Tiger Temple in Phuket. From my searches it looks like Phuket is the best place to go see the tigers? Or up in Chang Mai?

Old 11-18-2017, 02:19 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Going in the Spring, and will be staying in Bangkok and Krabi. I will take the ferry over to Ko Phi Phi as well and hope to see the Tiger Temple in Phuket. From my searches it looks like Phuket is the best place to go see the tigers? Or up in Chang Mai?
If you're going in the Spring, you should be aware that's in the Hot Season, and it's going to be pretty toasty.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:10 AM

712 posts, read 1,093,044 times
Just got back from Thailand last week (Phuket and Bangkok) and had a great time while on my honeymoon there with my wife. While in Phuket, did a couple tours of Phang Nga Bay where we kayaked, walked in caves, and snorkled, hung out in Patong, and lounged on the beach. We stayed in the Kata section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia