Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:28 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,746,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5chevin5 View Post
I agree that there are some amazingly cruel acts against all animals in many countries (including the US!)
But lets take the Chinese, those dogs are not "pets" to them, its meat..To us its Fluffy the loving pet. Now I dont condone that in anyway, shape or form...
Just saying that one persons pet is another's dinner...Remember these can be very poor people.

Im mean in India and parts of Thailand they revere cows as holy and scared and would never dream to eat beef...but many countries have no issue with slapping them between a bun and calling it dinner. Is one more or less cruel then the other?

In Japan now, and maybe for awhile...Fur is still popular..To me that is worse, as it is not a necessity to sustains once life like protein.
Just my opinion....

Certainly some interesting views there, 5chevin5, but this isn't either the thread or the forum in which to discuss the merits of omnivorism.

Let's keep it on topic, please, folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 01:11 AM

700 posts, read 2,595,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
Certainly some interesting views there, 5chevin5, but this isn't either the thread or the forum in which to discuss the merits of omnivorism.

Let's keep it on topic, please, folks.
Hai ...gotcha Cornerguy

back on topic....

I like Japan....

Old 03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,532,954 times
This gal apparently likes Japan also. She learned Japanese on her own! Brilliant!

YouTube - kerokerorin813's Channel

Old 03-13-2009, 11:01 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,453,787 times
Indonesia.... with so much variety, almost every island there is like another country!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:44 PM

700 posts, read 2,595,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLang View Post
This gal apparently likes Japan also. She learned Japanese on her own! Brilliant!

YouTube - kerokerorin813's Channel
All I can say is WHOA!! She sounds native (to me at least)...
Nihongo is not easy

Indonesia and Malaysia I hear are very cool, a lot of expats here, go there to get some sun!

Old 03-14-2009, 02:20 PM

51 posts, read 98,126 times
I've never been to Asia (any part of it) but I am from Toronto and know people from basically every single country in asia and based on what i hear/see from them I'd want to go to..

#1 Japan (always wanted to go to tokyo and experience the world's largest city)
#2 India (some certain parts)
#3 Singapore
#4 China
#5 S.Korea

Old 03-14-2009, 02:22 PM

380 posts, read 1,058,709 times
It's a stretch to place Georgia in Asia(it is more Eurasia), but for the pick of best-Japan, the least liked Asian nation in my book would be the one run by the nut job-North Korea.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:35 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,532,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
It's a stretch to place Georgia in Asia(it is more Eurasia), but for the pick of best-Japan, the least liked Asian nation in my book would be the one run by the nut job-North Korea.
I doubt you could even go to N. Korea even if you wanted to.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times
I love Thailand. My wife and I visit Thailand every year. The people are polite and friendly. The food is awesome. Great Beaches and the cost isn't too bad.
I like Filipino people but hate the corruption. The PI is beautiful I hope that they find a way to get past the business as usual that they deal with every day.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:43 AM

63 posts, read 307,860 times
Vietnam is great, still very authentic, cause it's not that touristic yet.
Made a trips from North to South. there are many surprises. Many people wondered what is there to do in Vietnam? Well, much more then people think. I was there for 3.5 weeks and that was too short.
The people are very friendly and interrested in you, and the food is like Thai, very good. I never even got sick during my trip eating or drinking anything. They are clean people considdering that country when i went in 2001 was comparable to Bangladesh with incomelevel, they are doing good. I ate different springrolls evry day...lol!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia