Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:25 AM

7 posts, read 26,739 times

Advertisements

Japan
Korea
China
Singapore
Iran
India
Israel
Thailand
Georgia
Iraq
Indonesia

[LEFT]Only refers to the scenery and which country you want to live.[/LEFT]

Last edited by IvanovTao; 01-15-2009 at 02:01 AM.. Reason: I did not make that clear,sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 05:55 PM

51 posts, read 240,088 times
Cambodia.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:18 PM

1,763 posts, read 7,334,746 times
you missed a few countries (in Southeast Asia) including my favorite, because of the people, the Republic of the Philippines

Old 01-15-2009, 08:32 PM

501 posts, read 1,429,649 times
You missed Taiwan, which technically isn't an official country, but to me, it works just like one.
I like Japan the best, but, I would not want to live there. Hehe. ^_^

Old 01-15-2009, 09:12 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,289,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
you missed a few countries (in Southeast Asia) including my favorite, because of the people, the Republic of the Philippines
I Concur, I love the fact that I have family and everyone speak english.
The people are nice, the beaches are as well.
And ITS CHEAP

Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
China is wonderful, out in the boondocks. People genuinely wanted to drop what they were doing in order to help anyone who did not know his way around. I know this was not because they thought we were foreigners, because often we were thought to be from some far-flung part of China, which is quite common there. When we didn't understand what they were saying, they would write it down, because speakers of all Chinese languages can read the same writing. The Chinese were absolutely the most warm and kind people Ive ever traveled among. I have no idea what they are like in the big cities, I only passed through a couple of modest-sized cities, briefly, but everybody seemed fine there, too. The food in China is just amazing, day after day. I judge a country's people by how they treat each other, not how they behave for foreign visitors. And back-country China is the best.

Even when entering through immigration, with a boatload of Chinese and Hong Kong citizens alike, the officials were friendly and relaxed and respected the dignity of the passengers.

I didn't like Thailand very much. Our original plan was to make two sweeps through Thailand, but the second time, we didn't even want to stay, and just caught a plane out as soon as we could.

Last edited by jtur88; 01-16-2009 at 10:03 PM..

Old 01-23-2009, 05:03 AM

3 posts, read 17,111 times
saudi arbia is the best

Old 01-23-2009, 02:35 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by بنت السعوديه View Post
saudi arbia is the best
Saudi isn't in Asia smart guy.

I loved every Asian country I went to. Japan was cool because it was developed and modern and fun. Korea was funky, exciting and had a manic energy that I loved. China was just, China. Funky, exciting, always interesting, confusing and shocking.

I miss Asia every day. In comparison, the US feels very boring to me.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,601,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
Saudi isn't in Asia smart guy.

I loved every Asian country I went to. Japan was cool because it was developed and modern and fun. Korea was funky, exciting and had a manic energy that I loved. China was just, China. Funky, exciting, always interesting, confusing and shocking.

I miss Asia every day. In comparison, the US feels very boring to me.
Oh? What continent is it in, smart guy?

Old 01-23-2009, 04:02 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Oh? What continent is it in, smart guy?
Some people would call it "Western Asia" but general it's considered the "Middle East" which is thought of as seperate. Smart guy.

Seriously. Most people do not consider countries like Saudi, Iran, Iraq, etc. as Asian countries. They consider them Middle Eastern and generally they are considered as a totally seperate region of the world.

But this is all just subjective classifications anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia