Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 03:52 PM

895 posts, read 2,359,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
yet, you live in our country???

you totally just proved my point .

i'm so done....
Proved your point how? I never said that i think anything about US is stupid. And japan has a higher human development index than the US, i chose to study here because i am interested in english and i love the US and i respect it. But can you explain how my highlighted part proves your point? First of all japan doesnt occupy US so i didnt prove your point i am here as a student/tourist, second of all i never said anything about US is stupid, so i didnt prove your point... lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 03:54 PM

あなたは英語お話ますか?
anata wa eigo o hanashi masu ka?

It means can you speak english? You might want to start this with "sumi masen" which means excuse me.

Since many japanese are shy in english if they say a word then become shy you can say this

英語うまいね。
eigo umai ne

It means youre good at english!

If you go to eat and you see something you like you can say

あれおいしそう!
are oishisou

it means that looks delicious..

"I want" you can say
-が欲しい。
- ga hoshii , so if you want that sushi you can point and say sushi ga hoshii

If someone speaks to you in japanese you can say
分からない
wakaranai
it means i dont understand.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:01 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,003,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki-Chan View Post
あなたは英語お話ますか?
anata wa eigo o hanashi masu ka?

It means can you speak english? You might want to start this with "sumi masen" which means excuse me.

Since many japanese are shy in english if they say a word then become shy you can say this

英語うまいね。
eigo umai ne

It means youre good at english!

If you go to eat and you see something you like you can say

あれおいしそう!
are oishisou

it means that looks delicious..

"I want" you can say
-が欲しい。
- ga hoshii , so if you want that sushi you can point and say sushi ga hoshii

If someone speaks to you in japanese you can say
分からない
wakaranai
it means i dont understand.
Thanks. I'll definately store that away.

What are some of your favorite foods from home? Ive heard the sushi is delicious. Is there anything else I should try?

Old 02-04-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Thanks. I'll definately store that away.

What are some of your favorite foods from home? Ive heard the sushi is delicious. Is there anything else I should try?
Haha yes many of my american friends are suprised when i cook japanese food and it's not sushi!

First lets start with some sweets

I want you to try , dorayaki this is a very famous "sweet" it might look like a pancake but inside are a red bean paste that is sweet. Also there are mochi or "rice cakes" they are soft and inside is the same sweet stuff its very good

For some japanese style food, you should try any restaurant im sure they will be interesting, some things that i like are gyoza, these are like chinese "dumplings" but better :P, we have "japanese hamburg" which you can probably find anywhere its really good. In japan we have our own style of curry rice which is delicious! Yakitori which is like stuff they put on a stick (i forgot what its called in english) but you might like this too...

In japan we have a sort of "bbq" called yakiniku. This will be a great experience for foreigners i think there will be a small grill infront of you, and they will give you the meat and vegetables and a sauce. You put the meat in the small grill with your friends (its very thin but soft meat often its wagyu which is considered the smoothest and best beef in the world but its often expensive) and then when you want you take it out and put it in the sauce and eat it, its really good .

^ here you can see the meat and vegetables
in this picture they put it inside to cook, you are your own cook

Theres much much more

Old 02-04-2009, 04:15 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,003,721 times
Oh thats awesome! I'll have to tell my boyfriend that so he can go out and try it. You've been extremely helpful! Thank you very much. Good luck with your studies. ^,^

Old 02-04-2009, 04:16 PM

No problem if you have questions please send me a PM oh please go to my thread about if north atlanta or charlotte is better..
http://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...h-atlanta.html

Old 02-04-2009, 06:17 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,790,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
climate is mild as it's a subtropical island. winters are not that cold.
Japan is not a subtropical climate. Japan has a continental climate exactly the same a the US.

Winters are sometimes worse in parts of Japan than in extremely cold parts of the US.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:18 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,790,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki-Chan View Post
Haha yes many of my american friends are suprised when i cook japanese food and it's not sushi!

First lets start with some sweets

I want you to try , dorayaki this is a very famous "sweet" it might look like a pancake but inside are a red bean paste that is sweet. Also there are mochi or "rice cakes" they are soft and inside is the same sweet stuff its very good

For some japanese style food, you should try any restaurant im sure they will be interesting, some things that i like are gyoza, these are like chinese "dumplings" but better :P, we have "japanese hamburg" which you can probably find anywhere its really good. In japan we have our own style of curry rice which is delicious! Yakitori which is like stuff they put on a stick (i forgot what its called in english) but you might like this too...

In japan we have a sort of "bbq" called yakiniku. This will be a great experience for foreigners i think there will be a small grill infront of you, and they will give you the meat and vegetables and a sauce. You put the meat in the small grill with your friends (its very thin but soft meat often its wagyu which is considered the smoothest and best beef in the world but its often expensive) and then when you want you take it out and put it in the sauce and eat it, its really good .

^ here you can see the meat and vegetables
in this picture they put it inside to cook, you are your own cook

Theres much much more
Japanese food is delicious. I should know; my wife is Japanese...

Old 02-05-2009, 02:08 AM

6,182 posts, read 11,790,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Japan is not a subtropical climate. Japan has a continental climate exactly the same a the US.

Winters are sometimes worse in parts of Japan than in extremely cold parts of the US.
Actually around Tokyo it is classified as a humid subtropical climate.

Source: Tokyo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The winters around here aren't even as cold as Atlanta.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:25 AM

Well the average for january in tokyo is 49/34 compared to Atlanta 52/33

The difference is tokyos weather is almost always the same as in everyday will be around 49/34 or so, while atlanta can go from 30/15 to 65/45 in the same week. So its colder and hotter..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia