U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which country do you like better?
Japan 116 62.37%
South Korea 70 37.63%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 02:18 AM

15,943 posts, read 36,139,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laonasa View Post
Umm major thing. Japan is good for people who like islands. Korea is good for people who like small mountains and asian tombs and architecture. To live, Korea is basically more safe in terms of nature, but then Japan has less threat of nuclear attack- though they have major leaks and near range.
South Korea has plenty of islands as well. They both have that.

Japan has plenty of small mountains as well. They both have that.

Asian tombs would be better in Korea.

Architecture is better in Korea? How so? They both have architecture.

Korea is more safe in terms of nature? I guess this refers to Earthquakes and Tsunamis. Okay, granted.

Japan has LESS threat of a NUCLEAR ATTACK? Really? How do you figure that North Korea is going to nuke South Korea? They won't. Seoul is like 20 miles from North Korea, can you imagine the effect that would have on North Korea? North Korea isn't going to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 02:34 AM

6,771 posts, read 5,114,752 times
Have been to both places and Japan wins by a landslide.

To make a long story short,Japan is a country which I would love to revisit over and over again,while the idea of revisiting Korea has never occurred to me.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:31 AM

25,059 posts, read 23,153,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Have been to both places and Japan wins by a landslide.

To make a long story short,Japan is a country which I would love to revisit over and over again,while the idea of revisiting Korea has never occurred to me.
Why?

Old 09-04-2014, 12:06 PM

6,771 posts, read 5,114,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why?
I just didn't enjoy my trip to Korea at all.Seoul felt nothing special to me tbqh,and I have never been a fan of Korean food.
It's probably stereotypical but Korea is like a heaven if you're into cosmetic products and Korean pop,however I'm interested in neither of them,while Japan has a lot more to offer.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:19 PM

12,562 posts, read 15,036,884 times
By far, Japan. People are more cultured and polite. South Korea is a nice place, but needs more refinement.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:47 PM

2,025 posts, read 2,350,253 times
Lived in both....prefer the society of Japan...but the people of Korea if that makes any sense.
Having met hundreds and hundreds of each...I'd much rather walk around a city filled with Japanese, but would much prefer to have a beer and conversation with a Korean.

And both are beautiful countries with amazing food and Seoul and Tokyo are both mind-b
Owing cities.

However, never been to North Korea, which no one has mentioned in this thread. If the country were unifies, I think the natural beauty of the two would be more equal, as the best mountains are in the north.

http://english.triptokorea.com/engli...eumgangsan.jpg

Old 09-12-2014, 01:55 AM

1,953 posts, read 2,068,651 times
Korea is a pretty country
Wife of Yamato

Girls' Generation - The Boys - YouTube
[MV] ORANGE CARAMEL(
GIRL'S DAY - FEMALE PRESIDENT(
J-Min (with Titan)
[MV] BESTie(

[MV] KARA -
[MV] PURETTY (
Puretty - Cheki Love (Main Ver.) [MV] HD - Vědeo Dailymotion

AOA
[ENG] [HD] 140829 KARA Mamma Mia in Odaiba - YouTube
Apink 2nd Japan Showcase - YouTube

Old 09-13-2014, 04:48 PM

6,722 posts, read 6,597,578 times
Japan... because there are more Chinese characters on the streets lol
No real preference otherwise. Just the same to me.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:45 AM

282 posts, read 606,351 times
IMO as a whole including future projection - South Korea will surpass Japan soon.

Why? SK - it is way better now in communication skills than the Japs. That way they can easily market their products globally. Same thing in promoting their culture, influences, etc. Take a look at Samsung, they easily surpassed SONY and now No.1 worldwide, SK vehicles now are competing head to head with those Japs brands. SK Kpop culture is emerging too.. among other aspects.

Among other economic, pop, day to day etc scenarios... go global is the key.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:37 AM

25,059 posts, read 23,153,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
IMO as a whole including future projection - South Korea will surpass Japan soon.

Why? SK - it is way better now in communication skills than the Japs. That way they can easily market their products globally. Same thing in promoting their culture, influences, etc. Take a look at Samsung, they easily surpassed SONY and now No.1 worldwide, SK vehicles now are competing head to head with those Japs brands. SK Kpop culture is emerging too.. among other aspects.

Among other economic, pop, day to day etc scenarios... go global is the key.
South Korea still has a while to go before it replaces Japan in terms of its exports. Japanese products are still perceived to be the highest quality one can buy, but now are more expensive than equivalent US brands were back in the 1980s and 1990s. I don't know about Asia, though. Kpop here is declining again, it still fails to appeal beyond the Asian-American population, and in Europe, it is still a niche music scene. As for K-dramas, they still have nowhere near the appeal Japanese anime has. I still don't think South Korea has successfully managed to market themselves outside of Samsung and LG, at least not in the West anyway.

By the way Coach Rajko, English probably isn't your first language, but as a friendly reminder, "Japs" is a racist term for Japanese. That's like calling an African person a ni**** or a Chinese person a ch**k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or