Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:18 AM

34 posts, read 76,101 times

Advertisements

Your real "big" expense will be your rent - to rent a really nice complex in a good area close to amenities and is reasonably clean can easily cost 1000 - 1500 USD / month in the larger metros. But everything else will come out to be quite cheap -you will pay pretty much the same as most middle/upper class Indians for utilities, food, transport etc. and when compared to US prices they are cheap.

For $3K a month you can live an excellent life style (assuming you're paying about 1.5K for rent alone for a nice fancy place)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,141,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asubram3 View Post
Actually $1 = Rs. 55, so $2.88 per kg = Rs. 158 per kg
I said Purchasing Power of Parity, not Exchange Rate.

If you go by exchange rate, a guy who earns 14 lakh rupees in India should earn $25,454 in USA.

14 lakh INR in India give you an upper middle lifestyle, if you are single and living in a place like Bangalore/ Pune/ Noida (even Delhi) etc.

$25k in USA is at the most a lower middle lifestyle in USA, unless you are living in a real cheap place.
$25k in a place like New Jersey (comparable to Delhi) will leave you just enough money to buy food after paying off your rent (unless you stuff 6 people in a 1BR apartment).

Just think, if you were earning 14 lakhs in India, would you come to USA to work for $25k?

(All salary figures are in per annum)

Old 01-10-2013, 09:32 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,141,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
What you are saying is an utter lie.
I see you got really worked up.

Quote:
Basmati rice in normal shops in India cost 40 rupees per kilo. Some expensive shops which do home delivery and those who sell at premium prices in expensive cities like Bombay will sell you for 50 rupees per kilo. That is still less then 1 dollar.
Not sure which shops you are talking about, or when was the last time you went to India. I went there in November 2012, and was shocked to see the prices.

Quote:
Loose Daily Basmati Rice 5 Kg

also get someone who can read hindi and look at prices of different grocery items from newspaper.
Rajasthan Patrika Kota, 18-12-2012 :readwhere
Are you sure this is basmati? Not every long grained rice is Basmati. And I have lived in India long enough to know what kind of rice is sold as Basmati.
And by the way, I can read, speak, and write Hindi very well. Agar aap Hindi me vartalap ke ichuk hain to bataiye.

Quote:
If someone paid 100 rupees for 1 kilo of basmati rice-he should get his mind checked. Big Big Lie!!!!!!!
I saw the prices on the packets. Take it or leave it.

Quote:
Why are you using PPP for item bought in USA? 2.88 dollar means 150 rupees-that makes Basmati rice in india 3 times cheaper.
I am using PPP coz PPP is the proper measure. Unless you have come to US for a short trip, using PPP makes sense as your income and your expenses, both are in USD.

Remember, the topic of the thread was moving to a large city in India. If a person gets paid $100,000 in USA, it does not mean he will get paid 100,000*55= 5,500,000 INR in India. Hence, PPP comes into the picture.

Going by my example above, if you were earning 14 lakhs in India, why don't you ask your employer to pay you 25,454 USD in USA.

Quote:
Next how do you presume that I eat Basmati rice. I eat Sona Masoori Rice. Now Sona Masoori Rice in USA is 40 Dollars for 20 lb bag Almost 4 dollars per kilo. That makes it around 220 rupees per Kilo. Last year I bought Sona Masoori Rice in Big Bazaar in India at 21 rupees per kilo. So this proves that Sona Masoori Rice in USA is 10 times more expensive then in India..
You can prove any thing using flawed logic.

Last edited by nirvana07; 01-10-2013 at 09:41 PM..

Old 01-11-2013, 02:56 AM

30 posts, read 140,613 times
From my point of view I think 500 USD is enough in Delhi

Old 01-11-2013, 05:01 AM

2 posts, read 1,802 times
I personally think 2000 USD / month will be enough to easily survive in Delhi including rent. If you can accommodate in a 2 room set in Delhi. it will cost around 600 USD approx or even cheaper. other than that general utilities like water, electricity bill gonna cost less than USD 200 even if you if you live lavishly(food and traveling expenses within not included). Beggers will ask you for money at every traffic light and in markets try avoiding them as far as possible.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:18 AM

1 posts, read 452 times
Smile Affordable Residential Flats at Ace Divino @ Price 3599 PSF | 8750844944

Ace Divino is the perfect housing providing you a complete new world of extravagance and will be one of the best upcoming projects in Greater Noida West. In the posh locality of Noida Extension here you will find hospitals, shopping mall, schools, colleges and other things. It’s the best residential property for you, Buy now 2 bhk flat with ace divino. Ace Divino has Separate Pool for Children, Luxurious Club Lounge, Swimming Pool, Gym and many other amenities which helps you to live a luxurious life. Visit:- [url=http://www.acedivinonoida.net.in]Ace Divino Noida | 8750-844-944 - 2/3 BHK Apartments Noida Extension[/url]

Old 09-18-2018, 12:09 PM

4,152 posts, read 7,935,874 times
If I lived in India it would be in Kerala. High rates of literacy and much cleaner than cities in the North. I would live in Trivandrum. My husband is from there. Green and clean. Kovalam beach nearby. Swaying palms and hill stations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia