U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:18 PM

1,070 posts, read 1,378,245 times

Advertisements

[quote=SilkCity0416;10075919]Uhh....

What about being Circumcision? That is a custom for many male babies. I may not remember it, but I'm sure I was a bit teed-off, at the doctor and my parents for that.[/quote

WHAT ABOUT BEING circumsized? That is for HYGIENE purposes. There is nothing better than a circumsized man. And I am sure you were given a sedative to calm you down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
^^^ So, true.

We eat cheeseburgers, cheesesteaks, meatloafs, and ribs.

All that come from cows.

An animal that is sacred in the Hindu religion-a religion that 80% of the 1.1 Billion people in India, are followers.

I'm sure most Americans wound't like the idea of an Hindu holyman, telling us what to do with out own cattle.
UNFORTUNATELY, we are not alluding here to COWS!

Old 08-03-2009, 08:26 PM

Default Your video

Thank you so much for the tape. IT IS A DISGUSTING PRACTICE!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:13 PM

1,990 posts, read 6,973,601 times
[quote=Latina7;]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Uhh....

What about being Circumcision? That is a custom for many male babies. I may not remember it, but I'm sure I was a bit teed-off, at the doctor and my parents for that.[/quote

WHAT ABOUT BEING circumsized? That is for HYGIENE purposes. There is nothing better than a circumsized man. And I am sure you were given a sedative to calm you down!
Uh...

That isn't the reason millions of male babies are circumsized. It mostly has to do with religion. Besides, if you read about circumcision, you will find that it isn't as healthy as you think.

Why are you so ruffled about some foreskin, getting cut?

Old 08-03-2009, 11:13 PM

1,269 posts, read 3,416,369 times
I saw it on the news too. The babies appeared ok but I was panicking.

Have you guys seen this ad "Evian Roller Babies" yet?
It is less scary.

YouTube - Evian Roller Babies international version

Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,766,742 times
I think that this is something disagreeable, but I do not see the babies being scarred for life.

Just pointing out that a baby is crying is not a good gage of what will effect them for life. My kid was screaming his head off this morning because we woke him up to go to day care. Changing his diaper you would think we were castrating him!!!!

So no, I would not do this myself, and this looks like something that is not done repeatedly.

As for "luck" ALL cultures have IMMENSELY STUPID RITUALS for luck.

All of them.

/knock on wood.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:27 AM

13,106 posts, read 24,883,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie86 View Post
I saw it on the news too. The babies appeared ok but I was panicking.

Have you guys seen this ad "Evian Roller Babies" yet?
It is less scary.

YouTube - Evian Roller Babies international version
That's really cute....of course you all know that is computer generated those toddlers aren't really skating around....
Just checking as there are many gullible people out there...lol

Old 08-04-2009, 07:32 AM

13,106 posts, read 24,883,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Last night, on abc news, there was a story about india, in which it is a yearly custom to throw babies from the rooftop into a sheet, for good luck....imaging how frightening that most be for those babies.......

What do you think should be done to help the indian government stop this practice? If you go to yahoo, you can see the video right now!!

It's not something I would do but India has bigger problems...seeing pics of 10 year old kids missing limbs from working in the mines for the ever demanding supply of granite is more offensive to me

Old 08-04-2009, 07:42 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,766,742 times
Why?

They can always work for Dell customer support!

Old 08-04-2009, 08:37 AM

1,990 posts, read 6,973,601 times
^^^ LOL.

The way I see it is this: India has a very long, complex, and fascinating culture.

This is a practice that may have been done for hundreds of years. So, these people "throwing" babies off a roof on to a blanket, were themselves thrown off a roof, and so and and so on.

These babies are going to grow up and yes, throw babies off a roof!

Like Ninja said, mostly all cultues have a silly ritual for luck.

If the baby is okay, Lucky them!

If not, well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or