Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:43 AM

152 posts, read 221,482 times

Advertisements

hello
I am a Kurd .West to East we are between black sea and Caspian sea and north to south between Caucasus mountain to Zagros mauntain .with 35milion population (most of population is in the north of Kurdistan that is in Caucasus and south of Caucasus montains ) but still we have not country (one day we will have).
In Nashville TN there are lots of Kurds.

First Kurdish kingdom which had a great power was Maad 700 BC. that first king was Diaoko (and my name is Diako !)
as u know (or don't) Saladin Ayobi was not Arab . he was Kurd .

Kurds have Islamic Religon but there are lots of Christian and Zertosht Kurds . there is no Religion conflict like other Islamic countries in Kurdistan .for example in Solaimani a bar is near a mosque .

Moderator cut: Please do not post copyrighted images. See our Terms of Service for details on how to refer to secondary-sourced material

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-17-2009 at 08:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 09:38 AM

157 posts, read 475,372 times
Thanks for the info. I admit that I barely know anything about Kurdish people; most of what I know is through learning about the Gulf War. Although there are multiple ethnicities in the Middle East, all most people learn about here are Arabs and (usually) Persians (and with all of the conflicts perhaps some of us think we really know nothing about those people). There are MANY ethnicities that we don't hear about, unfortunately, until some horrific disaster happens to them.

BTW thanks for mentioning Nashville, just because I didn't know that a big Kurdish population is there. I hope you like Nashville.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:47 AM

yeah . thanks

Old 08-17-2009, 12:52 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
I know that they're in a really terrible position relative to the US, because Turkey is a key US ally and to support an independent Kurdistan would alienate Turkey--even though, while there are no saints on either side, Turkey hasn't treated its Kurds well at all. Then there's the large Kurdish part of Iraq; the US has no wish to destabilize Iraq worse than it already is. At least twice and probably more often now, we have encouraged the Kurds to rebel then left them in the lurch. It's completely unfair to the Kurds, but it's realpolitik. I respect them for their toughness, and their willingness to assert their nationality in their region, and I really wish there were a win-win way for us to support Kurdish independence without completely screwing ourselves. Unfortunately, I can't think of one.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:57 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,633,692 times
Only a few.

I know Kurds are an ethnic group from the northern areas of Iraq, and parts of Turkey, and maybe Iran.

I also know that Kurds were oppressed under the rule of Saddam Hussein, and even gassed back in 1988.

Kurdish culture also seems to be dictinct from Arab Middle Eastern culture.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:44 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,236 times
my dad's side are a mix of israeli and kurish jews. i know that many kurdish jewish females end of marrying muslim men.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I know that they're in a really terrible position relative to the US, because Turkey is a key US ally and to support an independent Kurdistan would alienate Turkey--even though, while there are no saints on either side, Turkey hasn't treated its Kurds well at all. Then there's the large Kurdish part of Iraq; the US has no wish to destabilize Iraq worse than it already is. At least twice and probably more often now, we have encouraged the Kurds to rebel then left them in the lurch. It's completely unfair to the Kurds, but it's realpolitik. I respect them for their toughness, and their willingness to assert their nationality in their region, and I really wish there were a win-win way for us to support Kurdish independence without completely screwing ourselves. Unfortunately, I can't think of one.
I appreciate that .

Old 08-19-2009, 02:37 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
I first learned about the Kurds in the late 70s.

I think what amazes me the most is that they are the world's largest stateless minority and yet rarely get the sympathy or publicity that the Palestinians receive.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:41 PM

351 posts, read 533,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diako_lorddm View Post
hello
I am a Kurd .West to East we are between black sea and Caspian sea and north to south between Caucasus mountain to Zagros mauntain .with 35milion population (most of population is in the north of Kurdistan that is in Caucasus and south of Caucasus montains ) but still we have not country (one day we will have).
In Nashville TN there are lots of Kurds.

First Kurdish kingdom which had a great power was Maad 700 BC. that first king was Diaoko (and my name is Diako !)
as u know (or don't) Saladin Ayobi was not Arab . he was Kurd .

Kurds have Islamic Religon but there are lots of Christian and Zertosht Kurds . there is no Religion conflict like other Islamic countries in Kurdistan .for example in Solaimani a bar is near a mosque .

Moderator cut: Please do not post copyrighted images. See our Terms of Service for details on how to refer to secondary-sourced material
The women are hot

Seriously speaking though I do know they have quite a community in Nashville. They are generally nice people from the ones I knew in Europe.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:20 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
forgive my ignorance, but all that I know about the Kurds is that they have been screwed over almost by everyone in the region ...including the US
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia