U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2009, 06:41 AM

3 posts, read 4,843 times

Advertisements

Hey yo, wsup!

Imma super newbie here *lols my very first post*... I am native Vietnamese. Cool, i guess .

Btw im a super U.S. admirer so cool culture, history, blah blah u have there. Never have i stopped the admiring

however, i wanna know if anyone is vietnamese here?

Last edited by triplesmickey; 08-26-2009 at 07:15 AM..

Old 08-26-2009, 11:32 AM

321 posts, read 838,982 times
Vietnam is one of my favorite countries, but I have only visited three times so far, although I have been from the tip of the Mekong delta all the way to Sa Pa. There is still so much left to see there. In Saigon I really liked the Jade Emperor Temple.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-26-2009 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: links to other forums not permitted

Old 08-26-2009, 11:40 AM

6,564 posts, read 12,305,392 times
I believe that Vietnam has strong potential to be the next Asian country that becomes an economic powerhouse. A surgeon from my area, Dr. Lewis Zirkle, is somewhat of a hero there because of the time he has donated using metal rods of his own design to help reassemble the leg bones of those who have stepped on old mines and other explosive leftover hazards.

Vietnam is a pretty diverse country with a lot of cultures and an ancient heritage. I sometimes wonder what the shape of southeast Asian borders might be if colonial powers had not drawn them. Might Vietnam now be divided between north and south simply because of the cultural divide between the two? Or might it dominate the entire peninsula including all of former French Indochina and perhaps eastern Thailand? It's hard to say, but it's interesting to ponder.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:39 AM

3 posts, read 4,843 times
I love you guys as much as I love Vietnam, you guys are cool as you have been very thoughtful. Though I never thought Vietnam would dominate one such area.

However, I'm trying to see if I can find any fellow vietnamese?

Old 09-12-2009, 06:37 PM

2,845 posts, read 3,935,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Vietnam is a pretty diverse country with a lot of cultures and an ancient heritage. I sometimes wonder what the shape of southeast Asian borders might be if colonial powers had not drawn them. Might Vietnam now be divided between north and south simply because of the cultural divide between the two? Or might it dominate the entire peninsula including all of former French Indochina and perhaps eastern Thailand? It's hard to say, but it's interesting to ponder.
Well, the Champa kingdom did at one time control the southern portion of what is now Vietnam. Angkor was a kingdom to the west of Champa, and its headquarters were at Angkor Wat in current Cambodia (Kampuchea). Not sure if there ever was a kingdom that controlled the lands and peoples from the South China Sea coast all the way to Isaan in Thailand.

FWIW, a former neighbor of mine (Malay) told me that he had relatives up in Vietnam; seems that some of the Pattani Malay came from that Champa kingdom.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:24 AM

597 posts, read 1,156,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplesmickey View Post
Hey yo, wsup!

Imma super newbie here *lols my very first post*... I am native Vietnamese. Cool, i guess .

Btw im a super U.S. admirer so cool culture, history, blah blah u have there. Never have i stopped the admiring

however, i wanna know if anyone is vietnamese here?
Hi,
Do you live in USA?? If yes, how do you feel living in USA??

Old 09-13-2009, 07:12 PM

4,285 posts, read 14,423,569 times
Sorry, folks, City Data's Terms of Service clearly states that threads should have a definitive topic and the forums are not chat forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.