U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city for single guys?
Tokyo 11 91.67%
Atlanta 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 08:11 AM

207 posts, read 282,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
I don't think any American women are very submissive anymore.

American women are some of the most masculine and beastly out there.

No offense to anyone. Just true.

Just Atlants have a major obesity problem by the way?
You obviously haven't spent time in the South. The women down here are hardly masculine.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:19 AM

221 posts, read 466,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Japans obesity rate is 3%, USA is 33%. That kind of answers your question..every city in US has an "obesity problem" compared to japan.
yep, and 3/4 of americans are overweight while only like 11% of japanese people are (if i remember correctly)

@ TC.. this has the be one of the most ridiculous questions ive ever been asked.

new york is the only american city that can compare to tokyo.

how you can even consider going to atlanta instead of tokyo is beyond me. seriously, GO TO TOKYO.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:06 PM

1,669 posts, read 5,602,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
How can you ask this question on a forum that probably no one has even been to tokyo?
How can you assume that no one here has ever been to Tokyo?

Old 09-23-2009, 03:19 PM

5,334 posts, read 6,144,730 times
I haven't been to Tokyo.

But I've been to Osaka. And (to throw in other big Asian cities) Seoul and Busan.

And I've been to Atlanta.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:29 PM

1,269 posts, read 3,418,435 times
I lived in Tokyo for the first 5 years of my life, and have been in-out of Narita umpteen times. Unfortunately the way this threat is projected, no matter what one says about A or B, it sounds like one is either bashing A or B that is neither.

Tokyo is a wonderful city to visit. But should one pack up and move to Tokyo based on the neon lights and night life, I don't know - got to do the math first.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:23 PM

1,629 posts, read 4,859,560 times
I HATE Atlanta lol. Tokyo is an amazing city comparable to NYC, San Francisco, Seattle etc...Atlanta ugh.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:50 PM

895 posts, read 2,146,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
How can you assume that no one here has ever been to Tokyo?
Is this a serious question?

I'll repeat it again.

How can you ask this question on a forum that probably no one has even been to tokyo?

Yes the huge majority of this website has never been to japan. Actually I'd even bet a majority haven't even gone outside of north america/west europe.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:33 PM

3,677 posts, read 8,848,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
Wow, are are kidding me? This question can't be serious.

Tokyo without a doubt.

Atlanta doesn't even come close to comparing to Tokyo in nightlife or dating.

That's like asking what's better? A Datsun or a Jaquar?

Have you ever been to Tokyo? If you're asking this question you obviously have not.

Especially if you can speak Japanese and English fluently, you we be on top of the world in Tokyo.
Yes I've been to Tokyo many times, and I live only 50 km from it. This question actually is serious, and those two cities are more similar than people think at least in terms of women and nightlife. This question could be asked about any 2 cities in the world. I believe Tokyo and ATL both have a high female-to-male ratio, so there are plenty of pickins. The question could also be worded as which do you prefer, Japanese women or Southern women?

The way I see it, it depends on where in Tokyo and where in Atlanta. I don't care for the Roppongi scene, so if it came down to between there and Midtown Atlanta, then I'll probably choose Midtown. Shinjuku is my favorite nightlife spot in Tokyo, which is more similar to Midtown with the laid back crowd and similar atmosphere in the clubs, while Roppongi is more like the way Buckhead used to be. There are a lot of hot girls in R6, but some of them tend to be attracted to dudes with $$$, plus everyone else in the military hangs out there. Shibuya is cool too, and Atlanta has nothing on that place.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:50 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,374,744 times
I've lived in Tokyo and this is a no brainer. Tokyo by a mile. It's not only a good place to meet girls, but it is safe and clean and they call it "The Nightless City" for a reason.

And Japanese women are NOT submissive. The only people who say stuff like that have never lived in Japan.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:24 PM

4,285 posts, read 14,429,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Yes I've been to Tokyo many times, and I live only 50 km from it. This question actually is serious, and those two cities are more similar than people think at least in terms of women and nightlife. This question could be asked about any 2 cities in the world. I believe Tokyo and ATL both have a high female-to-male ratio, so there are plenty of pickins. The question could also be worded as which do you prefer, Japanese women or Southern women?

The way I see it, it depends on where in Tokyo and where in Atlanta. I don't care for the Roppongi scene, so if it came down to between there and Midtown Atlanta, then I'll probably choose Midtown. Shinjuku is my favorite nightlife spot in Tokyo, which is more similar to Midtown with the laid back crowd and similar atmosphere in the clubs, while Roppongi is more like the way Buckhead used to be. There are a lot of hot girls in R6, but some of them tend to be attracted to dudes with $$$, plus everyone else in the military hangs out there. Shibuya is cool too, and Atlanta has nothing on that place.
So you've answered your own question , then, and shown that your initial post isn't really an inquiry for information, but rather another of those interminable city vs city threads.

Please take the city vs city stuff over to that forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia