U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider Philippine people Hispanic?
Yes 44 7.01%
Semi-Hispanic 143 22.77%
Not at all 441 70.22%
Voters: 628. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 09:00 AM

675 posts, read 442,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan Shinde View Post
So you are glad that Spain and USA looted and plundered the natives for more than a century.
The average Filipino is deluded by this colonial mentality which make them think that whites are superior and the natives are inferior by virtue of their skin colour.The more you keep thinking like this the more backward you will remain
i am glad that the filipinos are fun, outgoing, speak English, super friendly, and open minded.

I live in Korea and the Philippines is like night and day. I would rather hangout with Filipinos any day of the week over a typical xenophobic, shallow, vain, and materialistic Korean.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:10 PM

1,554 posts, read 1,473,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
Here is the thing..

If Spanish and Americans didn't colonize our country.. We are probably majority Muslims by now, we might have King and Queen that to be treated as next to God, or we might not have any idea of freedom and democracy, etc. And personally I'm not comfortable with those possible scenarios. pardon me, with due respect to other religions
But keep in mind the Muslims & Arabs were conquerors & colonizers too! People seem to forget that!

Old 07-23-2014, 07:13 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,188,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
We have our culture and religion to be thankful for, so we owe these to Madre Espana.
They gave us their religion, names, food, traditions and of course taught us to be civilised. If not for them we would not know how to use a cutlery, we would probably be pooping and peeing everywhere and would probably not use a toilet bowl.

Also Filipinos were the very first ones in South East Asia to be educated as Madre Espana built the first university in Asia in the 16th century.

If not for them, we would not be Catholics.
I seriously hope you're just being sarcastic and joking

Old 07-23-2014, 10:24 PM

282 posts, read 606,842 times
Former PH President Gloria Arroyo interview in Peru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6924kfOhJ8E

Old 07-24-2014, 06:54 AM

376 posts, read 744,021 times
to answer the title of this, I said that the Filipinos is a Southeast Asian people with a background in the Eroupean Spanish colonial , and has the language Tagalog and English.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:42 PM

I think it's rather unfortunate that the Philippines, at least as illustrated on this forum, seems to have the same issues and obsessions with race and post-colonial mentality that Latin American nations seem to suffer from that is absent in eastern Asia. What a nice legacy the West left behind for the Philippines, it's pretty sad.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan Shinde View Post
Finally someone agrees with me , too bad they are brainwashed
Filipinos on here are desperately clinging to part of their whiteness in the same manner that mestizos do in Latin America. They are ashamed of being part and are desperate to show the world (the European world, that is) "Look! We're not all brown savages here! Look at our mixed race inhabitants!". It's that post-colonial mentality that the West, but especially Portugal and Spain, inflicted upon their colonies that the British and, seemingly, Dutch, have not done as much. Coincidence that most of this mentality comes from countries that were colonized by Spain and Portugal?

Old 07-24-2014, 03:00 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,970,036 times
^I always go with Philippine Independence (1898), People, Culture and us as a Nation which are now known as Filipino Nationals.. Indigenous, Rural & Urban Catholics, Muslim, Lumad etc. it's either you belong to Majority or Minority.

Hero's Nest - Taal, Batangas - YouTube

Last edited by pinai; 07-24-2014 at 04:16 PM..

Old 07-24-2014, 06:44 PM

675 posts, read 442,068 times
Filipinos are only Asian by geographic location. Everything else about them is a blend of Spanish and American traits. It is why Pinoys are vastly different from other Asians. Thank God for that! Philippines is a little piece of Heaven in the Asian peninsula.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:52 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,854,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I think it's rather unfortunate that the Philippines, at least as illustrated on this forum, seems to have the same issues and obsessions with race and post-colonial mentality that Latin American nations seem to suffer from that is absent in eastern Asia. What a nice legacy the West left behind for the Philippines, it's pretty sad.
It's not an obsession. It just appears like that because we are not like Latin America. We are geographically situated in Asia and what used to be the language is no longer spoken except in one place in the country so people who do not have any clue about our country, history and culture always have to insist about our identity and so we always have to defend and justify.
Being the only one in Asia that has a different religion and culture makes us feel displaced, probably like Israel in the middle east.
If Puerto Rico was in Asia and Spanish is no longer spoken too, and other Asians would deny your history and culture, how would you feel Unbrainwashed ? You said your ethnicity is white right ? So what if they also insist on your ethnicity lumping you together with everyone else.
It is hard because of geography and loosing the language that once played an important role in our country. We do not on the same issues as Latin America because they or even you do not have to always defend and justify your identity and culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or