U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider Philippine people Hispanic?
Yes 44 7.01%
Semi-Hispanic 143 22.77%
Not at all 441 70.22%
Voters: 628. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 12:06 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,165,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Most people in the Philippines dont care. I think they're far more obsessed with Korean and American culture. America was a former colonizer of the Philippines though
Pretty much what I said, too. Just some general internet chatter to take up a little bit of bandwidth, that's all

Old 09-23-2014, 12:25 PM

1,471 posts, read 1,628,812 times
Yes, they are.
Latin Americans, Sephardics, inhabitants of Guinea Ecuatorial.
At least they are recognized as such by Spanish law.
There was an important Spanish colony in the Philippines, but they were wiped out by Japanese (and they were supposed to be allies).

Old 09-23-2014, 12:39 PM

695 posts, read 736,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learnsomething View Post
Let me clear a few things up since some of these people who are posting have no idea what they are even talking about. First of all the Philippines ARE CONSIDERED HISPANIC. yes that's right they are. Now first we must establish what it is to be hispanic.

Being hispanic simply means "of or relating to spain", the Philipines are named after king Phillip of spain and they were a spanish colony for at least 300 years. THE US IS NOT EVEN 300 years old. so just let that sink in for a moment. Ok now spanish was also the main language there from the 16th century until 1973......they still have many spanish traditions and customs and most of them are catholic, why? because SPAIN.

Now for those of you who said "na they are asian" you are correct, but Asian is a race not an ethnicity. Being hispanic refers to your ethnicity, You can in fact be both Asian and hispanic. learn something today kids and stop being so damn stupid.
If that's the case then Jamaica is Hispanic as well, considering the spanish ruled them for 160+ years

Old 09-23-2014, 03:43 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,965,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Well, guess we found our reason why some pinoys on here are having an identity crisis.
First and foremost, I don't considered myself as Hispanic from Latin America or Spanish person from Spain lol. I, identify myself as a Filipino and always talk about the culture, specially that I practice Hispanic culture along with our indigenous culture practices because it's the culture of my ancestors which they pass it on to us.

The problem is they never explain well regarding the formation of the Filipino State as a people and nation composed of different ethnic group and their different cultures clearly to the new generation so that they will understand more regarding their Nationality and Identity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scZ7PPXTKPY

Last edited by pinai; 09-23-2014 at 03:53 PM..

Old 09-23-2014, 10:30 PM

570 posts, read 370,942 times
Otra vez la burra al trigo! Filipinos are Hispanics for ONE simple reason... PORQUE SE LES DA SU REGALADA GANA Y PUNTO!!!
Hermanos Filipinos don't listen to this Sacate brain people, they have no idea what is the feeling you guys have on your heart and that voice that screams inside you.

I suggest you Asians, False hispanics and others to leave them alone and support them.
Real Mexicans love you hermanos Filipinos, we always do, we had prove it for as long as we were together.

Some day we will be together once again!

Old 09-24-2014, 02:25 AM

1,021 posts, read 896,207 times
^It creeps the ***** out of me.

Sorry guys, never i would consider myself a Hispanic. At most Pacific Islander maybe.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:38 AM

1,761 posts, read 6,965,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
^It creeps the ***** out of me.

Sorry guys, never i would consider myself a Hispanic. At most Pacific Islander maybe.
Pacific Islander will get angry and argue with you and will never accepted you as one lol they will also tell you about identity crisis. I considered myself, Filipino. some Asians do not considered us also as one too although, I considered myself as one because of that's the geographical location of our country in the map. So, I identify myself, FILIPINO with unique culture and identity.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:18 AM

22,139 posts, read 23,648,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Brown. View Post
Otra vez la burra al trigo! Filipinos are Hispanics for ONE simple reason... PORQUE SE LES DA SU REGALADA GANA Y PUNTO!!!
Hermanos Filipinos don't listen to this Sacate brain people, they have no idea what is the feeling you guys have on your heart and that voice that screams inside you.

I suggest you Asians, False hispanics and others to leave them alone and support them.
Real Mexicans love you hermanos Filipinos, we always do, we had prove it for as long as we were together.

Woo... creepy....

It's so good of you to delineate what is and is not a real Mexican. You sound like those idiot "Real American" walking stereotypes but for a different category of people. I guess it should be heartwarming that all cultures can share the same kind of idiocy together.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:30 AM

25,059 posts, read 23,165,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Brown. View Post

Oh please, knock the creepy BS off. First of all, I seriously doubt most Mexicans consider Filipinos Hispanic, second, the vast majority just don't give a damn and that's the truth, just like almost all Filipinos don't care if they are Asian or Hispanic. Almost all of them call themselves Filipino. Third, Mexico and the Philippines split apart in the 1800s. Puerto Rico and the Philippines stayed together until 1946.

Lastly, did I mention, let them have their own identity? They're not Asian, they're not Hispanic, they're FILIPINO. If you want to get all ethnic nationalist on us, stop using gringo words (no offense, OyCrumbler) to describe them

Old 09-24-2014, 03:04 PM

22,139 posts, read 23,648,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh please, knock the creepy BS off. First of all, I seriously doubt most Mexicans consider Filipinos Hispanic, second, the vast majority just don't give a damn and that's the truth, just like almost all Filipinos don't care if they are Asian or Hispanic. Almost all of them call themselves Filipino. Third, Mexico and the Philippines split apart in the 1800s. Puerto Rico and the Philippines stayed together until 1946.

Lastly, did I mention, let them have their own identity? They're not Asian, they're not Hispanic, they're FILIPINO. If you want to get all ethnic nationalist on us, stop using gringo words (no offense, OyCrumbler) to describe them
Gusto mo sa akin upang sumulat sa tagalog ? After all, this is an English-language forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or