U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you consider Philippine people Hispanic?
Yes 44 7.01%
Semi-Hispanic 143 22.77%
Not at all 441 70.22%
Voters: 628. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2012, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,029 times
Reputation: 129

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Whether Filipinos know what Latin America is or not, they would feel more at home in many of the countries than in most Asian countries. I saw hundreds of Filipinos when I was in Madrid, and I was only there for a week and a half. The ones I talked to said that the culture was familiar to them and they picked up the language fast. I can only imagine that a country like Mexico would be even more similar for Filipinos because the Philippines was ruled through Mexico
filipinos can feel home anywhere......actually Manila was ruled by spain through mexico...much of the Philippines was barely under spanish control...Mindnao was running free because the spanish just couldnt handle those muslims to the south who were supposed to be inferior to them


there are 1 million filipinos in middle east...filipinos say they feel at home

there are 5 million filipinos in the USA...filipinos say they feel at home

if you learn the language and culture...you can feel at home anywhere

 
Old 07-19-2012, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,029 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
did you make that rule up?
you can be a filipino citizen...but you cant be a filipino by blood if you dont have any

only those who are filipino by blood can be duel citizens
 
Old 07-19-2012, 09:45 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,996,337 times
Reputation: 1797
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
filipinos can feel home anywhere......actually Manila was ruled by spain through mexico...much of the Philippines was barely under spanish control...Mindnao was running free because the spanish just couldnt handle those muslims to the south who were supposed to be inferior to them


there are 1 million filipinos in middle east...filipinos say they feel at home

there are 5 million filipinos in the USA...filipinos say they feel at home

if you learn the language and culture...you can feel at home anywhere
Just said that in the post you replied to....

culturally at home in the Middle East? Highly doubt it. There are hardly any cultural similarities. Most of the Filipinos I know who live there send their kids to all Filipino schools and their kids speak English and Tagalog. In Spain, I met Filipinos who couldn't even speak English because all they spoke was Spanish in public.

Culturally at home in the US? Yes, I can see that. Americans still have a lasting influence in the Philippines
 
Old 07-19-2012, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,029 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
this is one of the reason why there is racism cause we always feel them they are different people.
their 1st language is the language we are using & we were born in the same country so why should I let them feel that they are not pure Filipinos. ASIAtic (Continent not race), If you say Filipinos then we have to understand that originally Filipinos are white & we are now using it as our nationality.

Their color is not different to pure negritos who are also native Filipinos & mestizos, they didn't choose to be different.
I guess other Filipinos should open their mind regarding this matter. Filipinos are not exclusively brown skinned or mongoloid eyes. What do you mean Truly Filipino blood? one of their parent is Filipino & they were born as Filipino.
thats why i said they can masquerade as a negrito and no one would think any different
Im just saying they are not 100% filipino by blood because one of their parents is foreign
 
Old 07-19-2012, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,029 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Just said that in the post you replied to....

culturally at home in the Middle East? Highly doubt it. There are hardly any cultural similarities. Most of the Filipinos I know who live there send their kids to all Filipino schools and their kids speak English and Tagalog. In Spain, I met Filipinos who couldn't even speak English because all they spoke was Spanish in public.

Culturally at home in the US? Yes, I can see that. Americans still have a lasting influence in the Philippines
many of the filipinos who go to Saudi arabia are muslim filipinos from the south..I doubt they wouldnt feel at home there
 
Old 07-19-2012, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,761 posts, read 6,963,772 times
Reputation: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
filipinos can feel home anywhere......actually Manila was ruled by spain through mexico...much of the Philippines was barely under spanish control...Mindnao was running free because the spanish just couldnt handle those muslims to the south who were supposed to be inferior to them


there are 1 million filipinos in middle east...filipinos say they feel at home

there are 5 million filipinos in the USA...filipinos say they feel at home

if you learn the language and culture...you can feel at home anywhere
they feel at home because there's a lot of Filipinos too. Not because of the culture & tradition of Middle Easterners.
 
Old 07-19-2012, 09:49 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,029 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Just said that in the post you replied to....

culturally at home in the Middle East? Highly doubt it. There are hardly any cultural similarities. Most of the Filipinos I know who live there send their kids to all Filipino schools and their kids speak English and Tagalog. In Spain, I met Filipinos who couldn't even speak English because all they spoke was Spanish in public.

Culturally at home in the US? Yes, I can see that. Americans still have a lasting influence in the Philippines
okay and there are plenty of filipino-americans who only speak english and not tagalog..your point is??

majority of filipinos dont speak spanish and only speak one of the filipino languages and english

there are filipinos who can speak filipino languages, english, japanese


there are filipinos who can speak filipino languages, danish, english
 
Old 07-19-2012, 09:52 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,996,337 times
Reputation: 1797
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
okay and there are plenty of filipino-americans who only speak english and not tagalog..your point is??

majority of filipinos dont speak spanish and only speak one of the filipino languages and english

there are filipinos who can speak filipino languages, english, japanese


there are filipinos who can speak filipino languages, danish, english
Point is, the Filipinos relatives that I have in Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc don't speak Arabic fluently. The kids go to school with all Filipinos, they're not integrated into the community. The Filipinos that I met in Spain speak Spanish fluently, even to the point that they don't use English anymore. They're integrated into the community, just like the Latino immigrants there. They go to church with the Spaniards and Latinos, participate in the religious festivals, stuff like that
 
Old 07-19-2012, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,029 times
Reputation: 129
speaking straight spanish is not something needed to qualify to being a filipino...considering most filipinos dont even speak straight spanish...just some loan words
 
Old 07-19-2012, 09:55 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,996,337 times
Reputation: 1797
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
speaking straight spanish is not something needed to qualify to being a filipino...considering most filipinos dont even speak straight spanish...just some loan words
I'm saying they're more integrated into the community than they are in Saudi Arabia. It was easier for them to assimilate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top