U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider Philippine people Hispanic?
Yes 44 7.01%
Semi-Hispanic 143 22.77%
Not at all 441 70.22%
Voters: 628. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 11:31 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,963,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
the dance itself is quite native to SEA ...look up singkil

again Spanish obssesion to latin sphere is pretty much a manila thing...and it pretty much owes to the fact that extreme australoid features of manilenos make it easier to seperate them from viets, thais, southern chinese and be closer to latin american countries where mullato look is prevalent
what I'm trying to say "Tinikling" is a dance by Leyte converted Catholic Christian so you'll hear it in their music instrument of course Singkil music instrument is different from Tinikling music instrument now compare the music background? lol viets culture is similar to chinese, some thai culture is similar with indian if you will just check it including the Javanese indonesian.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:34 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,324,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
That's fine. But I dont know why there's a dark Caucasian-looking man in some of the Tagalog pics...

Zambales as a whole has a lot of Negrito admixture. Some of those people identify as Negrito, some think of themselves as Sambal. I have some cousins who have family in Zambales. They look heavily Australoid, but I'm sure they don't consider themselves Negrito

And Zambales isn't in Southern Luzon, so that goes against your little theory

I've known very Mongoloid-looking Filipinos who attribute their light skin to being part Spanish. You've never heard that before? I just laugh. Those Australoid-looking people ^ could never say that they're part Spanish
australoid admixed people claim partially spanish all the time...australoids do have features that would be similar to caucasian...so it would make some sense why they would claim spanish

Old 07-30-2012, 11:35 PM

Gotta love southern luzon people

'Garbage chicken' a grim staple for Manila's poor

'Garbage chicken' a grim staple for Manila's poor - CNN.com

Old 07-30-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Gotta love southern luzon people

'Garbage chicken' a grim staple for Manila's poor

'Garbage chicken' a grim staple for Manila's poor - CNN.com
Wondering Itik Itik has different musical instrument background

National Folk Dance of Surigao del Norte

Salakot Dance

Old 07-30-2012, 11:38 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,996,337 times
Quote:
australoid admixed people claim partially spanish all the time...australoids do have features that would be similar to caucasian...so it would make some sense why they would claim spanish
Yeah, it would make sense, but that doesn't automatically make it so. They're usually the poorest of society, so for them to try to identify with the people on the top would be stupid. This is just my experience, but I hear a lot of middle and upper-middle class people who are probably of Chinese-descent claiming that they're Spanish and that's why they have light-skin. They only consider the skin color and not the facial features. My cousins would label some light-skin celebrities as "Mestiza" even though they looked Chinita to me. I met a girl in Bicol who looked Chinese and she said that she was "Kastila" (Spanish) I found this funny because in Spain they would call her a Chino

I don't think it's specifically an Australoid thing to want to be Spanish, it's more of a light-skin thing. I meet far more Filipinos who claim Spanish than Chinese, even though most of them look more Chinese

Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
This Filipinos are not aware of the History of the Philippines and don't know exactly the history of their family lineage.
many filipinos are like this

but usually if a filipino is light skinned and of the monogloid type...more likely then not they wouldnt claim spanish..

Old 07-30-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
i know its not true...but they claim it anyway....actually the only people with spanish blood are the mestizo elite....but all manilenos claim spanish...and it most likely has to do with their australoid admixture making them looks psuedo-mestizo
Not only the mestizo elite. There are mestizos before who loss their lands & now struggling like the rest of the Filipinos of today likewise the other Mestizo de Sangley descendants so not all people from Chinese descendants are still rich. But it's obvious that Mestizo de Sangley and Spanish Mestizos are still the top and the richest. But we have to look back the history of the Philippines, there are people who belong from this group who are also sincered and try to push the freedom and more concerned for the Filipino people.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:53 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,996,337 times
Quote:
many filipinos are like this

but usually if a filipino is light skinned and of the monogloid type...more likely then not they wouldnt claim spanish..
yeah, I've found the exact opposite to be true. Both are anecdotal and not really evidence. So we can leave it at that.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Not only the mestizo elite. There are mestizos before who loss their lands & now struggling like the rest of the Filipinos of today likewise the other Mestizo de Sangley descendants so not all people from Chinese descendants are still rich. But it's obvious that Mestizo de Sangley and Spanish Mestizos are still the top and the richest. But we have to look back the history of the Philippines, there are people who belong from this group who are also sincered and try to push the freedom and more concerned for the Filipino people.
actually chinese-filipinos make their money from business ventures not land

chinese are very money savey...so even if they lose money then can always find ways to make it back

Old 07-30-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
actually chinese-filipinos make their money from business ventures not land

chinese are very money savey...so even if they lose money then can always find ways to make it back
Cojuangco's from sugar cane. Most of the Mestizo descendants businesses are sugar cane factories or tabacco some concentraded to pineapple and coconut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or