U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider Philippine people Hispanic?
Yes 44 7.01%
Semi-Hispanic 143 22.77%
Not at all 441 70.22%
Voters: 628. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 01:18 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,849,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Well most Filipinos in the Philippines dont give 2 ****s about anything Spanish or Latino. That's last century stuff

However, if you go to Spain, the Filipinos there are just like the Latin American immigrants. They fit in very well, unlike other immigrant groups like Chinese, Arabs, and Pakistanis, they're all seen as very foreign, Filipinos & Latinos are not
It's true... They fit in right away . And it is because the culture and traditions are similar plus the Filipinos are already so familiar with most of the Spanish words so it doesn't seem like a foreign language to them any more .

Last edited by Hermosaa; 04-04-2013 at 01:44 PM..

Old 04-04-2013, 02:06 PM

3,644 posts, read 9,001,496 times
^ Yeah, I only spoke to Filipinos in Spanish. I literally saw them everywhere in Madrid and I was going up to them and asking them if they were Filipino and I was right every time. I got tired of asking after awhile because there were so many. But I made a lot of friends that way. And Spain strangely reminded me of the Philippines in many ways. I know it seems completely different, but it had a familiar feel with the architecture, food, and the general attitude of the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
if you ask any filipino in manila about his/her ethnicity he will go on about how his spanish priest ancestor raped his negrito ancestor and created him/her
I asked my relatives in Manila about what Filipinos generally thought of the Spanish and they said that Filipinos dont think about them at all. And Filipinos definitely dont acknowledge that they have any Negrito ancestry.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:32 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,325,766 times
Quote:
^ Yeah, I only spoke to Filipinos in Spanish. I literally saw them everywhere in Madrid and I was going up to them and asking them if they were Filipino and I was right every time. I got tired of asking after awhile because there were so many. But I made a lot of friends that way. And Spain strangely reminded me of the Philippines in many ways. I know it seems completely different, but it had a familiar feel with the architecture, food, and the general attitude of the people.

I asked my relatives in Manila about what Filipinos generally thought of the Spanish and they said that Filipinos dont think about them at all. And Filipinos definitely dont acknowledge that they have any Negrito ancestry.
lol the ones who do actually aknowledge it
though sometimes you see full negrito people claiming to be spanish-chinese mestizo when they be looking like wesley snipes

Old 04-04-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:

well luzon nowadays seems to be a cheap knockoff of Spain...so I would see why you would feel that way by looking at the real deal

Old 04-04-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
lol the ones who do actually aknowledge it
though sometimes you see full negrito people claiming to be spanish-chinese mestizo when they be looking like wesley snipes
Um, how many Negritos do you actually see? You talk about them as if you see them all the time. I've only seen 3 Negritos in my whole life. 2 were in the Philippines, and 1 is a friend of my mom who is obviously Negrito, but that's never talked about.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Um, how many Negritos do you actually see? You talk about them as if you see them all the time. I've only seen 3 Negritos in my whole life. 2 were in the Philippines, and 1 is a friend of my mom who is obviously Negrito, but that's never talked about.
probably around 3,000
im just giving an estimate here...I am going by the people I saw outside of the car

Old 04-04-2013, 08:22 PM

Let's just face the fact that Filipinos will never be accepted by Hispanics, Asians, or Pacific Islanders, so we should just create our own category.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Let's just face the fact that Filipinos will never be accepted by Hispanics, Asians, or Pacific Islanders, so we should just create our own category.
how about we just split the country

Manila can change their name to chocolate city
pangasinan can change their name to mexico
and visaya & mindanao can reunite with malaysia

Old 04-04-2013, 08:49 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,966,418 times
Quote:
Filipinos category

Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,966,418 times
Quote:
how about we just split the country

Manila can change their name to chocolate city
pangasinan can change their name to mexico
and visaya & mindanao can reunite with malaysia
After they killed some of the Mindanaoan fighting to claim their historical land what they think it's their land. Tausug in Sabah, Malaysia.
They used to be Bornean. Which is same race as our Tausug Muslims.
Now, you wanted to join them. They wanted to claim their historical land but Malaysia doesn't want to give so you just want to join so you can stay. Ask the Malaysian if they actually wanted you. If you just read how they reacted to our Tausug muslims when they went to Sabah to claim it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or