U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider Philippine people Hispanic?
Yes 44 7.01%
Semi-Hispanic 143 22.77%
Not at all 441 70.22%
Voters: 628. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2014, 12:12 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,966,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Thats your conclusion. Not mine.. And pinoy ako (si papa)
Ive never met a filipino that called themselves hispanic until this thread.
Youre entitled to your opinion, this is mine and no pinai, no matter how many copyrighted videos you post, i wont agree with you. We are asian.
Hispanic | Define Hispanic at Dictionary.com
Who are saying that we are not Asian. We are Asian in the sense of geographic location. Culturally, I am not blind to see the culture of the Filipinos. It is mixed culture. Muslim, Animist and Christian or Catholics and the origin of these cultures which is part of the Filipinos.

Rondalla and Bandurria is not from Asia as far as I know which is part of Filipino music instrument
which I usually hear in Filipino folk songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdR6Pk2a85w

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rondalla

Last edited by pinai; 03-11-2014 at 12:22 PM..

Old 03-11-2014, 12:52 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,849,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
in conclusion, the Philippines is just as Hispanic as Mexico, but the stereo type is only the people of Mexico or South America are the true Hispanics

they are both in the same situation being colonized by Spain for over 300 years but on different sides of the globe
I'm glad someone finally realised this and made an intelligent conclusion. You just explained it very well mr. bolo. Btw, your name sounds Spanish, are you latin american ?

Old 03-11-2014, 01:55 PM

1,953 posts, read 5,206,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I'm glad someone finally realised this and made an intelligent conclusion. You just explained it very well mr. bolo. Btw, your name sounds Spanish, are you latin american ?
thanks, no Im, not a latin American

my name is a just a nick name or screen name

Old 03-11-2014, 08:14 PM

9,334 posts, read 19,463,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Who are saying that we are not Asian. We are Asian in the sense of geographic location. Culturally, I am not blind to see the culture of the Filipinos. It is mixed culture. Muslim, Animist and Christian or Catholics and the origin of these cultures which is part of the Filipinos.

Rondalla and Bandurria is not from Asia as far as I know which is part of Filipino music instrument
which I usually hear in Filipino folk songs.

JR Roseñan Rondalla - Philippine Air - YouTube

Rondalla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
yes filipinos ARE ASIAN.. no need to be embarassed
there is NO HISPANIC RACE...

No thanks.. please no more youtube or picture links..

Old 03-11-2014, 08:16 PM

9,334 posts, read 19,463,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
The term Hispanic is not known to Filipinos in the Philippines, so why would they call themselves that. People in the Philippines call themselves Asian, because the Philippines is in Asia, or they just call themselves Filipino.

However, if you were to ask Filipinos which cultures are similar to them, they'd probably name some Hispanic countries along with Malaysians, Indonesians, and other Southeast Asians. Filipinos don't deny Hispanic culture or heritage, it's just that the term "Hispanic" is just unheard of.
as long as they don't start saying they are NOT Asian..
Oh wait pinai just did
how sad that some filipinos are ashamed to be asian..

Old 03-11-2014, 08:19 PM

695 posts, read 736,541 times
Quote:
Philippines just as Hispanic as Mexico though? Really?

Old 03-11-2014, 09:04 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,966,418 times
Quote:
yes filipinos ARE ASIAN.. no need to be embarassed
there is NO HISPANIC RACE...

No thanks.. please no more youtube or picture links..
There is NO ASIAN RACE too. The forum is free for everyone, to express their own opinion so you posted your opinion then so do I. I don't care if you are proud to be Asian, even if you don't grow up in Asia or in the Philippines.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
as long as they don't start saying they are NOT Asian..
Oh wait pinai just did
how sad that some filipinos are ashamed to be asian..
Pinai said we are not Asian ? Where is that ? I don't think she's dumb to say that because she knows very well Filipinos are Asians because of geography but with hispanic influence... In short Asian Hispanics.

Filipinos are not ashamed to be Asian because they cannot deny that Philippines is located in Asia but they are also recognising their culture and I don't think there is something wrong with that. Asian is just a word used to group people from Asia. It is not a race.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 03-11-2014 at 09:33 PM..

Old 03-11-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdiamondz1902 View Post
Philippines just as Hispanic as Mexico though? Really?
Why not ???? Same history and shared culture... Just so happened that Philippines is in Asia. Do you also know the shared history and culture between Mexico and Philippines ? Philippines was governed by Mexico for 250 years.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:57 PM

3,308 posts, read 2,764,457 times
Quote:
You can't deny the customs and traditions we practise and food we eat that were contributed by Spain. I guess some are not aware that most of our traditions and foods were influenced by Spain or Mexico. If you go to Spain or Latin America and pay attention and try to study hispanic culture you'll realise that those traditions we practise aren't originally Pinoy.

[youtube]6Boxlz1HA0U[/youtube]
[url]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Boxlz1HA0U[/url]
I grew up around many Filipinos and my cousin is Married to one. From what I have seen, Filipinos relate more to other Asians than to Hispanics. I am Mexican and my Filipino friends like hanging out in Asian areas where there are boba shops and Asian cafes. Alot of them, even though they are from areas with a large Mexican population, do not frequent Mexican restaurants or food places very often. In most of my jobs, they don't hang out with Hispanics in a 'we are the same' type of way.

I consider Filipinos Asian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or