U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 07:25 PM

871 posts, read 1,449,262 times

Advertisements

^none of you make any sense. absolutely nonsensical and there are few legitimate reasons given. i think the real truth is people are upset about loss of jobs and/or china's rise. i think that is the real issue everyone is dancing around.

ACTUALLY it's OBVIOUS AND PATHETIC. LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 12:38 AM

5,008 posts, read 10,795,233 times
All I have to say is, I will never EVER drive a Chinese car, not for another 20-30 years until they catch up with safety standards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzoRdDssL1w

Old 01-05-2010, 08:21 AM

255 posts, read 514,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
All I have to say is, I will never EVER drive a Chinese car, not for another 20-30 years until they catch up with safety standards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzoRdDssL1w

i'm sure people said the same thing when japanese cars first started showing up here. more recent example would be korean automobiles. they were pos back in the 80's. hyundai is pretty decent now.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:26 AM

255 posts, read 514,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
it's getting to a point where i would rather buy made in mexico.
just curious, but what every day products are made in mexico?
pharmaceuticals (from the cartels), excluded.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:42 AM

47 posts, read 153,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
Chinese export their products to the world because their low prices.
However I consider them a big waste because they have zero quality.
Their durability is very short.
And what about you? What do you think about Chinese products?
My iPod touch 64 gb 3rd gen was made in China and it is top quality.
Products made in China are as good as the company that manufactures them wants them to be.
Why are you saying that chinese made products have zero quality? Everything is made in China, your Nike shoes, your tv, your iPod, your macdonalds happy meal box, everything.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:48 PM

871 posts, read 1,449,262 times
LOL. um i was just at the store yesterday looking at quality pot and pan sets (because i'm not cheap) like cuisinart and circulon among other brands and they are very good quality. guess what? made in china.

i also got a cuisinart knife set that's made in china for xmas. it's a totally erroneous fallacy to state or even believe that everything made in china is of zero quality. that just smells of demonizing a country for other passive aggressive reasons.

would someone like to take me on about this issue of quality of cuisinart products and made in china?? they wouldn't dare but slink away because they know they can't legitimately so they just rail on about walmart. not very smart. lmao

Old 04-19-2011, 01:36 PM

12 posts, read 14,047 times
I will not buy anything made in china, the stuff is total junk.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:42 PM

260 posts, read 342,032 times
One thing I always thought was funny was when folks say they like to buy American so they go out and let's say for instance purchase a pair of shoes, usually expensive, say New Balances(you know the ones "made in the usa") and think they are being so patriotic, yet don't realize that most of the other shoes New Balance makes are in China.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:51 PM

2,214 posts, read 2,633,282 times
Quote:
I will not buy anything made in china, the stuff is total junk.
Probably your house is full with it.

If american companies want to make me buy their stuff, they should be more competitive, ... not necessarily cheaper but better. I hate people or companies who just adverstise with "made in usa", obviously they have no other reasons for me to buy their product.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:20 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,092,614 times
China can manufacture most of our goods just as well as the Swedes, Germans, Mexicans, or Americans. The difference is what specifications R&D and Quality Control feed to the Chinese factory.

Suppose Amelorn's Shoe Company opens a factory in Shanghai. I produce two lines of shoes, the Amelorn Limited (the special line) and A by Amelorn (the diffusion line).

A by Amelorn is sold to JC Penney and Macys. Most shoes are synthethic materials on rubber soles. The more expensive will be a cheap, corrected grain leather. They retail for $75 and last for 1-2 years.

Amelorn Limited will be produced for Saks 5th Avenue and Nordstrom. I ship imported European leather for the shoe upper and the sole. This is a supple, full grain leather. Experienced cobblers are employed as factory foreman on the assembly line to make minor adjustments and "hand finish" these shoes. They will retail at $250. Their quality will rival most English or Italian shoes. With a cobbler's help, these shoes will last 20+ years.

China ships what HQ in Dallas/NY/LA etc tell them to. Take it up with corporate, not the factory (with rare exception).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or