U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you prefer?
Tokyo 68 66.67%
Seoul 34 33.33%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 03:19 PM
FBF

572 posts, read 693,638 times

Advertisements

Seoul is much more affordable to go eating out and clubbing....but it is also a tiny bit more dirty than Tokyo and I found Koreans to be more likely to yell at you if you displease them (in my case, it was because I look like a happa "half-Korean").

I like Tokyo much more even though it was expensive and the people can be very fake, but it is not like I ever want to live there !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 05:37 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,896,420 times
You should do both...might as well since both are a short flight away from each other...Seoul has a vibrant and bustling night life that never sleeps with those underground markets while Tokyo's temples and gardens are a must see.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,612 times
who said that korea is cheaper?
well korea is economically cheap.. a bit.. but koreans...
everyting randomly expensive all of the sudden
i thought they confused with numbers
because their money bills like zimbabwe trillion dollar
ended up i figured out they cheating the prices

also things in japan isn't expensive at that quality

Old 09-29-2013, 11:36 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,148,875 times
skyline, culture, activities, and nightlife? Overall

skyline - Tokyo
Culture - Japanese
activities - Tokyo
nightlife - Tokyo

although Tokyo is superior, its too expensive in terms of everything

Old 09-30-2013, 11:12 PM

31 posts, read 89,320 times
Since I've never been to both, I'll vote on which one I'd rather go to based on what I know of both...and Tokyo wins out. It's a big concrete jungle that I want to explore. Seoul is steadily climbing, what with kpop, and good nightlife...but the international allure isn't quite there yet, and Tokyo has that.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:47 PM

102 posts, read 320,954 times
I would go with Seoul personally as many of Japan's best natural and cultural features are well outside of Tokyo. I've been to both and in fact travelling to J again very soon, but now that I've been to both I can say that Seoul offers everything a tourist could desire in 4 days - beautiful scenery (not flat like Tokyo), many cultural properties (clearly the best cultural properties do not reside in Tokyo itself) .
I was never bored - had loads of things to do and STILL did not get to see everything I had hoped to see. Shopping is cheaper, better nightlife, and of course the music. However, Kyoto > Seoul while Seoul > Tokyo. I say choose Kyoto instead of Tokyo.

Last edited by Adrien Lee; 10-01-2013 at 01:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or