Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 02:47 PM

769 posts, read 1,730,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
Where did you get that idea ?
Wikipedia:

"The term Caucasian race (also Caucasoid, Europid, or Europoid[1]) has been used to denote the general physical type of some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, West Asia, Central Asia and South Asia."

Old 04-12-2011, 02:52 PM

950 posts, read 1,514,769 times
Wikipedia's definition of White people excludes people from India.White people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-12-2011, 05:26 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
I think the people who are saying India isn't poor are either on some serious drugs, or have never been to India... lol

That being said, I have an Indian girlfriend so of course we've had to look... lol, anyways its typically lighter skinned and we have seen a baby that is completely white.

People, please stop with the white definitions blah blah blah, can you for one second forget political correctness and just answer a question. The OP doesn't give a crap about the definition of a white person or if someone in africa could be considered white, he just wanted to know what the baby was going to look like.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:45 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
And yeah, of course can a child look half/half or only like the mom or dad. Tiger Wood's has one child that's blond ( like mom) if I'm not mistaken, and the other kids look half/half.
Cool. Never saw photos of Tiger Wood's kids before...but interesting to know in general.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:11 PM
ilt

14 posts, read 325,762 times
i can understand your curiosity; i am of east indian decent and i have also wondered what my children may look like if i marry a Caucasian however the way you stated your question was very offensive not only to India as a country but to all people of east Indian decent which extends all the way to our part of the world here in the Caribbean.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:46 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilt View Post
i can understand your curiosity; i am of east indian decent and i have also wondered what my children may look like if i marry a Caucasian however the way you stated your question was very offensive not only to India as a country but to all people of east Indian decent which extends all the way to our part of the world here in the Caribbean.
The OP offended me, as well.
I feel sorry for the daughter and son-in-law.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:08 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,129,284 times
The OP is clearly both curious and ignorant.

That being said, I know a few families that have beautiful indian/white children. Some with American white (mixed euro that migrated generations ago) and Indian, as well as pure euro and indian mixed. Both have beautiful children.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:26 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post

That being said, I know a few families that have beautiful indian/white children. Some with American white (mixed euro that migrated generations ago) and Indian, as well as pure euro and indian mixed. Both have beautiful children.
Nigel Barker, from Tyra's "America Next Top Model". He's half Sri Lankan and half British. He's a famed photographer and male model.

Of course, I'm hetero, but just saying, mixed kids, whatever gender, usually are gifted in the looks department. Genetically, as well. Stronger genes, DNA.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:16 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The OP offended me, as well.
I feel sorry for the daughter and son-in-law.
Are you of Indian descent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
To a lot of poor people from outside the western world, having kids with white skin, blonde hair, non-brown eyes, is considered prestigious. I think you are being the ignorant one, thinking in terms of western political correctness when in the OP's case, it would be considered, even desirable, to see if they can have white kids. In India, the upper castes have lighter skin and more European features, hence why you can understand WHY the OP wants to know?? Geez, I thought you politically correct liberals were open-minded about other cultures

Old 04-13-2011, 09:01 AM

3,977 posts, read 6,783,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Nigel Barker, from Tyra's "America Next Top Model". He's half Sri Lankan and half British. He's a famed photographer and male model.

Of course, I'm hetero, but just saying, mixed kids, whatever gender, usually are gifted in the looks department. Genetically, as well. Stronger genes, DNA.

I agree that mixed people are usually beautiful. That's why I'm beautiful!

But seriously, some of the most astonishing women here in Brazil are clearly a beautiful mix of physical characteristics of different "races" (I always use this word with quotes, because there is some deep questioning of the scientific validity of this concept).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia