Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 10:56 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,105,410 times

Advertisements

Ah, yes! Traditional family values and free speech.

And the WBC.

Take a close look at what I captured off youtube.

Yes, the little girl's coerced to carry posters depicting Satan having anal intercourse with Santa Claus.

Do you think the girl ever asks "Mommy, what is that red man doing to Santa??"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 04:51 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,352,915 times
I would like to see the tax exemption removed also, but when you remove theirs, you will have to look at the thousands of others who use their status for good deeds and weigh if the loss of their tax status is worth the slap at Westboro Baptist.
I think the best way to stop Westboro is to expose them for what they are in every segment of their lives. Let them experience pickets at the funeral of their family, and boycott their place of work, expose their actions in the press, and shame them into acting civilized.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:03 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Yes I could not agree more let us see if they have enough money to protest when you take away their tax exemption . I agree also protesting their families funerals , expose them at their places of work , but really people like this have no shame so I dont see how you coud expose them like that . Fight fire with fire . These people are disgusting and have no shame . Those poor kids are going to be so twisted mentally when they grow up they will need thousands of dollars of therapy . I feel sorry for the kids who are being raised by these kooky bananas.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:54 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I would like to see the tax exemption removed also, but when you remove theirs, you will have to look at the thousands of others who use their status for good deeds and weigh if the loss of their tax status is worth the slap at Westboro Baptist.
I think the best way to stop Westboro is to expose them for what they are in every segment of their lives. Let them experience pickets at the funeral of their family, and boycott their place of work, expose their actions in the press, and shame them into acting civilized.
I see no problem with taking away the tax exemptions of all churches to be honest. It won't happen though.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:02 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
I don't think Westboro bunch can be "shamed". If they were capable of being ashamed, they already would be.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:35 PM

2 posts, read 3,527 times
Default most hated family

we need this to work they are insulting to the usa thier church need to be gone they are insulting and mean they are even theaching thier kids

Old 07-30-2011, 11:32 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
Am I the only guy that likes WBC? I love the fact that they exercise their right to free speech to the fullest. I don't see how anybody could take what they say seriously. At all.
I just find them amusing. Ok I can understand the indignation of people with them and their exploitation of kiddies who don't understand that what they are being made to do is reprehensible - but far from uncommon. But the worst punishment would be to ignore them rather than keep giving them free publicity. I fully agree with out poster allison minnie above that they nave a sort of weird integrity, being naked fundamentalism shorn of the pink sugar - coating.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:14 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Let's just revoke the tax exempt status of all churches.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:00 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
I would like it if all churches that dabble in politics would lose their tax free status, let them pay property tax like the rest of us.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:47 PM

591 posts, read 866,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
When you have a group who disrespect the basic right of people to bury their dead, I think they should be ostracized from society as a whole. Tax free status is shared by many and I would be hesitant to change one and possible change many others who are doing well as a result. What I would do is boycott any business their members own, or work for, and any organization they are supported by. I would make the discomfort of their crude actions come home to rest and see if after a year or so they might see how to act in a civilized world.

I think another method would be to take their pictures when they pull their stunts and post them in every public venue. Expose their ugly side to the world, make them live with the notoriety they deserve.
You know, I don't advocate violence, but I'm really surprised that man hasn't been taken out by vigilantes....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism