Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 10:43 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

I am curious what Atheists think of her and her writings, if you know of her - particularly 'The Rage and The Pride' and 'The Force of Reason.' I know they have gotten alot of heat from all quarters - how do you veiw her and those works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 01:38 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,385,615 times
All I remember is her hysterical rant against foreigners and especially Muslims invading Italy and its culture. Sorry.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:10 PM

983 posts, read 1,634,533 times
I only read her interviews. Masterpieces. Completely destroyed Kissinger, Gaddafi, a younger Arafat. Good stuff.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:54 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
All I remember is her hysterical rant against foreigners and especially Muslims invading Italy and its culture. Sorry.
Yeah, way overboard oftentimes and quite chauvinistic, some premises exaggerated and conclusions wrong, although I do agree with her to some extent I must confess, which has made me feel uncomfortable with myself on occasion. I guess she dared say what a tiny, hateful/fearful fraction of me is thinking

Old 08-20-2010, 01:45 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,459,170 times
I haven't read any of her books and, for some reason, the name seems only vaguely familiar to me. Is this the same woman who was threatened with imprisonment for calling the Pope and/or the Vatican a bunch of criminals - or something of the sort? If so, then I laud her for her outspokenness in the face of a bunch of sociopathic, jewelry-laden thugs.

As for the rest of her... I have no opinion because I have nothing else to go by.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:02 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I am curious what Atheists think of her and her writings, if you know of her - particularly 'The Rage and The Pride' and 'The Force of Reason.' I know they have gotten alot of heat from all quarters - how do you veiw her and those works?
OK, I am an atheist. I have read the buybull several times cover to cover. I do not feel the need to read any more religious theories. I am a philosophy major, graduated 04 from U. of N.C. system. Have studied comparative religion as well as religious theory, can't say that I have ever found a belief structure that makes sense. Well,....other than Atheism.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:34 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
OK, I am an atheist. I have read the buybull several times cover to cover. I do not feel the need to read any more religious theories. I am a philosophy major, graduated 04 from U. of N.C. system. Have studied comparative religion as well as religious theory, can't say that I have ever found a belief structure that makes sense. Well,....other than Atheism.
I am not sure what your point is? She is/was an Atheist.

@GCSTroop, yes she has said harsh things about the corruption in the Catholic church but I think she was threatned with prison for hate speech against Islam, brought about by the Swiss governmnet - they asked Italy if they would extradite her.

She has had many unique interviews.

Oriana Fallaci - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-28-2010, 01:03 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,459,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post

@GCSTroop, yes she has said harsh things about the corruption in the Catholic church but I think she was threatned with prison for hate speech against Islam, brought about by the Swiss governmnet - they asked Italy if they would extradite her.
Oh, that's right! I remember hearing about that but for some reason I thought it had to do with the papacy and not Islam. Of course, the difference between Catholicism and Islam is not really that great. They're both a bunch of male-dominated religious organizations scared to death of sex and unafraid to admit when they're wrong - especially after they've just traumatized the lives of hundreds upon thousands of people.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:28 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
Catholicism, on rare occasions, admits that it was wrong after a few hunderd years. Islam, to my knowledge, has never done so. But the comparison is difficult since Islam is not as united as Catholicism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism