Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 12:41 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I have yet to see where they have formed an army and killed millions, they never come knocking on my door selling their views, and there is something appealing about nude women dancing around a fire under the full moon which seems to make me smile. I guess I have no problem with them.
Trust me...the wiccan women I know...nobody wants to see them naked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 12:56 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,862,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
I don't think that's particularly in question. But pagans and wiccans are acceptable to me because they don't force their beliefs on anyone, and they are harmless. If they want to do what they do, and believe what they believe, it's no skin off my back no matter how irrational I might think it is.

Wiccans are pagans miss cougar .

Old 11-18-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
My initial reaction is that their beliefs are not on the same level as the Abrahamic faiths. Not at all...

One of the hallmarks of Abrahamisim is that it it demands adherance to one particular point of view. With no wiggle room. You accept it or reject it. It's black or white. It's based on a specific canon of beliefs. "Articles of Faith" as you will.

Wicca does not demand this. It accepts the individual experience. A Wiccan can certainly be atheist. It just depends upon which "Theism" is involved.

Actually it does demand that....the first form of wicca set down by gardner is a full fledged religion with rules. What happened is in the 70 and 80s you start getting these eclectic wiccans coming out of the woodwork trying to apply wicca to any pagan belief system is all. Eschewing the traditional rules of the religion and only following the 3 fold law essentially.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Not sure about Wiccans but I seem to remember something about the Germanic Pagans gathering an army to drive out Caesar.

I’ll have to go look that up..

Perhaps you are referring to Arminius and the battle of the teutonburg forest?

Old 11-18-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Wiccans are pagans miss cougar .
Yes, but not all pagans are Wiccans. Therefore, I stand by the phrasing of my statement.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I just wondered.... Pagan and Wiccans don't push their religion on others, so how do some atheists feel about them? I haven't decided yet. I feel like I have a little more respect for them than I do for Christians or say Muslims....
Wiccans are pagans my friend.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I don't know, I think christians could learn a lot from them. I think a few naked forest ceremonies would help to lighten them them up a lot.
We only tell people we do that to recruit them

Old 11-18-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Yes, but not all pagans are Wiccans. Therefore, I stand by the phrasing of my statement.

Yes well the same could be put out for any pagan belief system if you want to go that way. . I'm just tired of seeing wiccans always treated as they are some separate better entity...as if their religion is even that bloody fascinating .

Old 11-18-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Trust me...the wiccan women I know...nobody wants to see them naked.

I am going to have to agree with you on that one *bletch* .

Old 11-18-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Yes well the same could be put out for any pagan belief system if you want to go that way. . I'm just tired of seeing wiccans always treated as they are some separate better entity...as if their religion is even that bloody fascinating .
Okay I'm not following. Separate and better than other pagans, or separate and better than the more common religions? I don't think their religion per se is any "better" or worse than any other belief system, I just like them better because they leave me alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism