Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 10:46 AM

815 posts, read 1,543,639 times

Advertisements

From the point of view of "pagan": the Science and technologies it isn't rational.
For example: to make the device which will accept fluctuations from the earth and Flors ...
For this purpose is necessary: to Steal intelectual the property.
To make financial gamble.
To pollute the nature.

What is necessary for "pagan" ?
The answer - silence and rest.
Earth, stones, water, flora - all live and communicates... No, they as ... do the silly, dangerous and harmful inventions that will receive the same result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 10:53 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,330 times
I tolerate wiccans and pagans more because at least they have thought about what they think is right as far as religious beliefs. They haven't just accepted what they were born into. The bad thing is that they actually have thought about it and still opt for some kind of religion instead of just admiting that all religion is wrong.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:05 AM

815 posts, read 1,543,639 times
"Pagans" are not religion (certainly there was an influence from outside). This such... Natural sciences about environment. it can't be applied to people living in other environment. Therefore it doesn't extend.Yes, yes, yes... To be a greedy monkey - it is very correct.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:43 AM

727 posts, read 540,207 times
Well what I know about pagans there is lot of different kind of pagans so I cannot say what I think about them generally. My grandmother was pagan and all what she did was not so "nice" but pretty harmless anyway, LoL... So I know some things but I do not literally believe those things I rather do some things to be close to my grandmother and because some stories and ways are funny/touchfull/ what ever.. I have done lot of things just for fun I think some of things are created just for fun, people have to be funny when they live

Old 01-11-2011, 06:30 AM

13,403 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Wiccans are harmless..if half the world could live by the Wiccan Rede the world would be a better place

Old 01-11-2011, 06:50 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,956,195 times
I feel the same about them as much as I do about every other religion...as long as you don't impose your beliefs on me or overall societies rules itself then its fine by me.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:15 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
I agree, mgt04. Actually, my older daughter, who briefly was a practicing Baptist Christian, eventually rejected all the formalized, codified Christian strictures [and outrageous beliefs in the literal bible...] and was "without a spiritual outlet" [her words] for a while.

Then, at about 28 yrs of age, she investigated Wiccan, and eventually became one with high initial entusiasm. Now, as she's achieved 37 yrs of age, and is raising 3 kids, she's relaxed a bit. This is also accompanied by the intelligence and life-experience to see that there's no big rush to require such interaction with the mystical world, so she simply partakes of Wiccan for her own personal enjoyment. For her, it's fun.

This is not ever expressed as an attack on the beliefs (or non-beliefs) of others. There's never any Wiccans knocking on my door with silly pamphlets showing a lion walking with a lamb ("Mmmmm!!! Dinner, and rare-on-the-hoof too! My favorite!"). Never any judgments of others, and they NEVER show up at PTA meetings insisting their oddball disproven beliefs should be forced on others. Never an insistence that our Founding Fathers based this country on chanting around a fireplace, even with the direct evidence of the Pilgrim Society's grim witch hunts & trials.

So I say: live and let live, and on top of that, since they certainly do NOT sacrifice cats or drive stakes into the hearts of others, they are quite harmless. Fact is, they possess a distinct reverence for natural life, which the various Christian religions do not, preferring instead to Lord it over "the lesser animals", as if they had that right, oft claimed by Christians.

Nope: Wiccan is quite fine by me, if you happen to need external spiritual input and group membership in a like-minded society.

God bless 'em!

Last edited by rifleman; 01-11-2011 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: typoz

Old 01-11-2011, 01:45 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
rifleman: My "familiar" (Willy, the 'evil' black cat) and I thank you! I agree with concerning the admirable Wiccan "reverence for natural life". It beats arrogantly thinking of ourselves as 'crowns of creation'. Some of Wicca is mumbo-jumbo, but it's harmless and generally well-meant.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:51 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,320 times
Being Agnostic I'm more curious about them than other religions. IMO, they hold reverence for people and nature. I would be converted to Paganism or become a Wiccan way easier than any other religion. Not to worship something but to be a part of a group who respects the natural progression of life.
But hey, that’s just me.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:45 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
I hear you. Makes sense to me. But most atheists I know have the same respect for Nature, not as a god but as reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism