U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 08:50 AM

15,606 posts, read 7,827,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
I don't worry much about Christians, there delusions along with that of the Catholics is waning, along with the power and money of there leaders.
Now the Muslims on the other hand are still quite dangerous, If you feel the need to debate with someone about there moronic belief in a magic bearded man in the sky, feel free, just be aware that when they lose they tend to blow themselve's and others around them up.

bill
I'm sorry if you feel that all Christians are lumped in with the Creationists and fumdies. The fact is that the same arguments apply to all god - beliefs and also the non - god ones like Karma, Thetans and Pyramid - building Atlantean alien scientists.

I might suggest that you join with us in opposing the loony fringe so as to remove the threat of teaching Genesis in the science class, but you have to be aware that any Faith - based belief is going to come under fire.

When all theisms are limited to just their deluded adherents worshipping in their own way and not imposing their own myths on an educational curriculum based only on verified validated information, then we will cease bugging the theists.

In the course of achieving this reduction of Christianity to the purely non - temporal authority it should be, Islam will automatically go as well, since it is based on the Bible and, if Muhammad didn't know what he was talking about as regards the Bible, Islam is discredited as anything more than just another man - made creed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 11:34 AM

682 posts, read 471,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I'm sorry if you feel that all Christians are lumped in with the Creationists and fumdies. The fact is that the same arguments apply to all god - beliefs and also the non - god ones like Karma, Thetans and Pyramid - building Atlantean alien scientists.

I might suggest that you join with us in opposing the loony fringe so as to remove the threat of teaching Genesis in the science class, but you have to be aware that any Faith - based belief is going to come under fire.

When all theisms are limited to just their deluded adherents worshipping in their own way and not imposing their own myths on an educational curriculum based only on verified validated information, then we will cease bugging the theists.

In the course of achieving this reduction of Christianity to the purely non - temporal authority it should be, Islam will automatically go as well, since it is based on the Bible and, if Muhammad didn't know what he was talking about as regards the Bible, Islam is discredited as anything more than just another man - made creed.
If by lumping together you mean anyone who believes in a religion, then yes that is what I'm doing.
Religion was invented by man as a way to control and hold power over others, and it has worked quite well thru the millenia and has been copied and changed many times over, hence the many different religions on the planet.

bill

Old 12-24-2010, 01:40 PM

16,310 posts, read 14,531,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
As a Christian who is not a fundie, I would kindly ask that you not lump all of us in with the weirdo's who try and turn the U.S. into a theology.

There are many things in the article I agree with. The one's who think like those in the article scare me as much as you, probably more they give me a bad name.
I don't think that anyone really does lump you all together, I don't. But it is the "squeaking wheel get's the grease" scenario. I know many believers that I really had to get to know over time to realize they were believers, attend church regularly, etc. One or two of them might even be southern Baptist's, or Pentecostal's, but usually not.

Then there are the minority, though still a significant number, probably 20%-30%ish, at least around here, that wear their religion like a purple and lime green plaid leisure suit.

They get the attention, they are the fringe spewing their hate and intolerance about something at every chance they get.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
C'mon your not seriously worried about Christians are you? there only pushing this crap because there power and influence is waning.
and there so called minions in power are easily out numbered by other greedy minions in power for other groups. ie big business.

bill
I'm assuming you live in Maine, far far from the buy bull belt.

Yes, the agenda of the fundi's, pentacolstals, baptists, church of god'ers, does concern me. If it were to every gain traction as the result of some major event, man made or natural, it's scary. It did gain a little bit of traction when Dumbya was in office, thankfully he was incompetent.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:47 AM

7,089 posts, read 8,393,757 times
Yup!!! They are either going for the carrot or dodging the stick.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:20 PM

5,162 posts, read 5,752,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyj42 View Post
I was standing in line today and overheard a man who was dressed like he had just gotten out of Church talking to his friend behind me. Paraphrased, he said, "I think these young college students who study the earth and what not, tend to lose their logic, and get tied up too much in things like carbon-dating."

I knew there would be no winning a debate with him.
http://picdump.darph.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/sisko-facepalm.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-02-2011, 02:56 PM

11,805 posts, read 14,129,106 times
Joeyj42: That is truly pathetic!

Old 01-02-2011, 03:04 PM

7,290 posts, read 5,173,551 times
I think it should be required that every "Christian" debate the ten points. I want to see their "logical," well-thought out responses, one by one.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Ten things to remember when debating a christian

Well, the first thing I noticed is.......Christians do not consider logic to be an integral part of a thought process.
They don't even consider thought to be part of the thought process. It's like pulling the string on a Chatty Cathy doll, some pre-recorded thoughtless babble is emitted.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:59 PM

231 posts, read 170,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Ten things to remember when debating a christian

Well, the first thing I noticed is.......Christians do not consider logic to be an integral part of a thought process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
They don't even consider thought to be part of the thought process. It's like pulling the string on a Chatty Cathy doll, some pre-recorded thoughtless babble is emitted.
Well, of course they are discouraged from using their reasoning and logical skills, as evidenced by this billboard (and others like it).

Blind and unquestioning acceptance and obedience is the name of the game to them.....they consider it to be extremely rude, ungrateful, selfish, and thoughtless for anyone to have the blatant nerve, to even consider questioning anything...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism