Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 07:04 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times

Advertisements

[quote=TKramar;17412424]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post

How am I doing that? I've said time and time again that people are entitled to believe whatever they want. Without being ridiculed for it.
And you still attempt to convince them that they are wrong and only the way you believe is correct. Do you really not see this or are you being intentionally obtuse?

Old 01-15-2011, 05:57 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
[quote=Arjay51;17422264]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post

And you still attempt to convince them that they are wrong and only the way you believe is correct. Do you really not see this or are you being intentionally obtuse?
No, I really do NOT see where I'm telling anyone else what to believe! I'm fine with whatever YOU want to believe--it doesn't affect me, so I do not care what you believe. I just don't want you spouting off about it to ME. I don't want to hear it.

It doesn't even matter if I agree with you--I don't want to hear it. I don't like other people having conversations with me, just leave me the hell alone. And I'll gladly do the same. In fact, I'm probably beating you to that.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 01-17-2011 at 05:21 PM..

Old 01-16-2011, 12:02 AM

Do you realize that I do not mean in a forum? Do you realize that people's lives do not revolve around their computers?

I'm talking about walking down the street, or sitting at a bus stop, when someone comes up and tells you what they think about the weather, or the President, or how the Christians stole Christmas...or whatever.

Life is what is "out there"...not on some electronic box.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:37 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
How sad that you allow other people to get in your face and do nothing about it.
Sad?? No,. I just accept that people are different.

Quote:
I won't stand for it.
Perhaps you should demonstrate some of that tolerance you insist others should have.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:55 AM

I accept that people are different. They're welcome to their views. They should recognize that others may not share those views, and keep them to themselves.

That's what *I* do--you won't find me expressing my opinions or thoughts in public, forcing them down someone else's throat.

Having your own opinions don't mean that you have to get into someone's face about it--if you do, expect to get removed. That isn't intolerant...that's self-defense.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:57 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,244 times
Most of us atheists don't get in someone's face about our views on religion. We don't bang on doors or send flyers into the hands of passersby. We only turn ''hostile'' when being preached at, etc...

Old 01-16-2011, 05:24 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
I accept that people are different. They're welcome to their views. They should recognize that others may not share those views, and keep them to themselves.

That's what *I* do--you won't find me expressing my opinions or thoughts in public, forcing them down someone else's throat.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You are so full of it.

If the topic truly doesn't matter to you, why do you keep posting and, in your mind, correcting the posts of others?

Seems a large bit of untruth has crept into your statements.
What "correcting" am I doing? We should be tolerant of other beliefs. There is no need to walk up to people and push our beliefs on them. What that belief is...is immaterial.

How many times do I need to say it?

Old 01-16-2011, 06:29 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
[quote=TKramar;17440716]
Quote:
What "correcting" am I doing?
You keep inferring that all other beliefs are wrong and only yours are right. If that is not your feeble attempt at correcting, perhaps you need to study more.

Quote:
We should be tolerant of other beliefs. There is no need to walk up to people and push our beliefs on them. What that belief is...is immaterial.
Yes, do try to do that since you presently show no disposition to do so except to pay it lip service.

Maybe you should try to meet them face to face so you can threaten them with violence like those you say you have faced and disagreed with. Nice not of tolerance.

Quote:
How many times do I need to say it?
Probably until you con someone into believing you which, judging by your statements and the responses of others is never going to happen.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:21 PM

[quote=Arjay51;17442623]
Quote:

You keep inferring that all other beliefs are wrong and only yours are right. If that is not your feeble attempt at correcting, perhaps you need to study more.
How about you point out where I have ever said that? Again, everyone is entitled to believe however they wish. I've said that directly so many times, one would think that you would get the message.

What they are NOT entitled to do is come up to me and force those same beliefs on me.

It doesn't matter if what they're saying is "Gee, sure is a hot day today."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism