Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 12:07 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times

Advertisements

South Dakota Moves To Legalize Killing Abortion Providers | Mother Jones

Quote:
A law under consideration in South Dakota would expand the definition of "justifiable homicide" to include killings that are intended to prevent harm to a fetus—a move that could make it legal to kill doctors who perform abortions. The Republican-backed legislation, House Bill 1171, has passed out of committee on a nine-to-three party-line vote, and is expected to face a floor vote in the state's GOP-dominated House of Representatives soon.
I cannot believe that these people who are so *prolife* are willing to condone murder. No one I know who is an atheist would ever condone this kind of idiocy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 12:17 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
I had to google this for myself to see if this was for real - because it is simply too mind blowing for me to believe that this is an actual story. It is. It is terrifying that something like this can even be under consideration. Terrifying!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:19 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,999,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post

I cannot believe that these people who are so *prolife* are willing to condone murder. No one I know who is an atheist would ever condone this kind of idiocy.
The only part that I find unbelievable is that it didn't happen in Oklahoma... yet. What can be done? I mean seriously. The things that are happening and being proposed lately are making me actually scared to live in this country.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:22 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post

What is happening in the Midwest? How can one justify any out and out murder? Granted I will say I'm not totally against the death penalty for heinous crimes after due process. But this is well.......sheeh....what is going on? I would love to use some expletives here but I can't on this forum.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:45 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Here's the text in the actual bill

2011 Session - Bill History

Old 02-16-2011, 12:51 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,800,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
What is happening in the Midwest? How can one justify any out and out murder? Granted I will say I'm not totally against the death penalty for heinous crimes after due process. But this is well.......sheeh....what is going on? I would love to use some expletives here but I can't on this forum.
Well, the god of the OT encouraged murder so I don't actually see this as different. This is the harm of religion. What I don't understand is how this same people fail to understand how this mirrors the horrific repression of the Taliban. Honor killings, abortion doctor killings - what's the difference?

Appalling.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:21 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
Related coverage - it is frightening if you are a doctor performing abortions:

Monday, Feb. 14th - msnbc tv - Rachel Maddow show - msnbc.com

Were larger forces behind abortion doctor's murder? - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Old 02-16-2011, 04:42 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
All I can say is that these overpopulationists are just mindless drones. We would all be better off had they been aborted.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:07 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,109,658 times
I'd just like to know where this fanatical concern for life goes after a baby is born? As soon as you're out of the womb, it's like you don't exist anymore. If only these pro life fanatics cared as much for real lives as they do potential ones. A lot of these people are hypocrites in more ways than one.

The article states that the majority in South Dakota are pro choice. If that's the case, I think some people need to re-think who they vote for the next time there's an election.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:05 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
South Dakota debating making it legal to kill abortion docs

Oh wow,I would have suspected something like this from either Alabama or W. Virginia. Have ya ever noticed that you don't read about states that have a good, comprehensive, public education program doing dumb stuff like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism