U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-31-2011, 06:35 PM
 
Location: Anson,Maine
251 posts, read 33,948 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleka View Post
Just because you do not understand a "natural" phenomenon does not make it "supernatural". Maybe you should take this discussion to the Religion board.
This is the appropriate religious board.
You may not have any elders here or anyone that even knows about matter at all,but the blind faith is the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-31-2011, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Western NC
651 posts, read 728,840 times
Reputation: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
It still was not me that used the term "godly hand."
Irrelevant, but okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
And you fight the notion because of your predetermined concepts of God.
And that is the fault of the religious.
Perhaps we can get a bit further if you explain your concept of god. I admit, I assumed you ascribed to the traditional biblical god as I briefly scanned some of your other posts. We'll continue to spin our wheels if we aren't debating the same concepts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
I merely offer God as the word to explain the unknown source that holds all matter together.
Without knowing how you define god, I can't comment on this right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2011, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Owasso, OK
1,224 posts, read 1,723,391 times
Reputation: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
This is the appropriate religious board.
You may not have any elders here or anyone that even knows about matter at all,but the blind faith is the same.
You are still not going to convince any of us that your god exists without some kind of proof. So- go. Give me some tangible proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2011, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Western NC
651 posts, read 728,840 times
Reputation: 487
You added to your post since I responded so here goes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post

Because THEY are no more at proving that there is no unkown source of power that holds matter together.
Logic dictates that you cannot prove a negative. Do you understand how the scientific method works? Hypothesis are formulated and then tested. These hypothesis are not just wild ideas; they are ideas inferred from evidence we already have or from mathematical theorems. For example, string theory is posited from mathematics but it must be confirmed repeatedly by experimental data before it is accepted by the scientific community. Your unknown source cannot be tested until we know what you are talking about. What is this unknown source? From what evidence are you inferring this unknown source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith
To the contrary THEY have shown the opposite to be true.
Please, explain. What has been shown to be true?


Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
But you follow THEM the THEY crowd with the same blind religious faith as any other religious organization does.
So if you don't know anything at all about the subject why do you make the claims you do ?
What crowd am I following? What statements have I made that must be taken on faith? What claims of knowledge have I made? I've repeatedly stated that your questions cannot be answered at this time; you made the claim of knowledge regarding god as the source. Your assertions are hastily made without evidence to back them up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2011, 08:11 PM
 
Location: Anson,Maine
251 posts, read 33,948 times
Reputation: 50
I keep giving you the chance to display some evidence.
Like I said,I have been down this road before.
And the end result is an unknown source of power that holds all matter together.
And that unknown force is God.
I am very scientifically grounded.
So yes,I point as this force as being God.
Meaning God the Creator of All Things.
That is very appropriate.
I am not saying this is an evidence of absence.
I am giving this unknown power source an appropriate name.
What would you name it?
Do you even know what I am posting about?
Get some info about what holds matter together and then maybe you could have a discussion that is science based.
Probably not!
Your faith is thick,but it is faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia160 View Post
You added to your post since I responded so here goes...


Logic dictates that you cannot prove a negative. Do you understand how the scientific method works? Hypothesis are formulated and then tested. These hypothesis are not just wild ideas; they are ideas inferred from evidence we already have or from mathematical theorems. For example, string theory is posited from mathematics but it must be confirmed repeatedly by experimental data before it is accepted by the scientific community. Your unknown source cannot be tested until we know what you are talking about. What is this unknown source? From what evidence are you inferring this unknown source?



Please, explain. What has been shown to be true?




What crowd am I following? What statements have I made that must be taken on faith? What claims of knowledge have I made? I've repeatedly stated that your questions cannot be answered at this time; you made the claim of knowledge regarding god as the source. Your assertions are hastily made without evidence to back them up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2011, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Anson,Maine
251 posts, read 33,948 times
Reputation: 50
If you had any evidence of what matter is comprised of we could discuss it.
Bu you do not want to deal in fact or understand them at all.
That is what makes you a follower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia160 View Post
You added to your post since I responded so here goes...


Logic dictates that you cannot prove a negative. Do you understand how the scientific method works? Hypothesis are formulated and then tested. These hypothesis are not just wild ideas; they are ideas inferred from evidence we already have or from mathematical theorems. For example, string theory is posited from mathematics but it must be confirmed repeatedly by experimental data before it is accepted by the scientific community. Your unknown source cannot be tested until we know what you are talking about. What is this unknown source? From what evidence are you inferring this unknown source?



Please, explain. What has been shown to be true?




What crowd am I following? What statements have I made that must be taken on faith? What claims of knowledge have I made? I've repeatedly stated that your questions cannot be answered at this time; you made the claim of knowledge regarding god as the source. Your assertions are hastily made without evidence to back them up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2011, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Western NC
651 posts, read 728,840 times
Reputation: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
I keep giving you the chance to display some evidence.
Nuh, uh. I cannot provide evidence for the statement that "There is no answer at this time." You are attempting to shift the burden of proof and that's not going to fly. You made the knowledge claim, you provide the evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
Like I said,I have been down this road before.
And the end result is an unknown source of power that holds all matter together.
And that unknown force is God.
Evidence, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
I am very scientifically grounded.
So yes,I point as this force as being God.
Meaning God the Creator of All Things.
That is very appropriate.
I am not saying this is an evidence of absence.
I am giving this unknown power source an appropriate name.
What would you name it?
Do you even know what I am posting about?
Get some info about what holds matter together and then maybe you could have a discussion that is science based.
Probably not!
Your faith is thick,but it is faith.
I give 'it' no name as we do not know what this 'it' is. You've evaded every question I've asked, tried to re-define words to suit your argument, thrown out unfounded claims with no supporting evidence, and attempted to shift the debate to me personally rather than your claims. And, I understand why; you don't have anything to back up your statements. You really have nowhere else to go except evasion and personal attacks. So, what is your goal here? Never mind, I'm sure I won't get an answer to that question either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2011, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Ashburn, Va
2,957 posts, read 1,314,981 times
Reputation: 2651
My force's name is Fred. Fred the creator of all things.

Don't F#@k with Fred!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2011, 08:29 PM
 
8,122 posts, read 5,109,969 times
Reputation: 16801
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
I keep giving you the chance to display some evidence.
Like I said,I have been down this road before.
And the end result is an unknown source of power that holds all matter together.
And that unknown force is God.
I am very scientifically grounded.
So yes,I point as this force as being God.
Meaning God the Creator of All Things.
That is very appropriate.
I am not saying this is an evidence of absence.
I am giving this unknown power source an appropriate name.
What would you name it?
Do you even know what I am posting about?
Get some info about what holds matter together and then maybe you could have a discussion that is science based.
Probably not!
Your faith is thick,but it is faith.
Good grief, you are full of side stepping and ESOL. There is no god and you're posting, actually, trying to proselytise in an atheists forum.

For all your posturing you have not given any evidence for anything. No evidence, nothing, zilch.

The 'unknown power source' is called energy, it is by definition, a scientific fact. It is not some unknown supernatural force aka god.

You know as much about science as the next ******* on the street, you simply hide your lack of knowledge with glib words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2011, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 3,647,668 times
Reputation: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleka View Post
Just because you do not understand a "natural" phenomenon does not make it "supernatural". Maybe you should take this discussion to the Religion board.
Please Milleka..don't send him to us......keep him here...pleazzzzz....do us a favor. He's EVOL!!!......no......our "gift" to you...with love...

Last edited by Verna Perry; 03-31-2011 at 10:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top