U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 07:02 AM

570 posts, read 637,104 times

Advertisements

As we all know atheist don't believe in God .. we do (religious people)
They don't believe in life after death ..we do ..
They don't believe in heaven and hell .. we do ..
But what if you are wrong ?
What if we are wrong too ?
If we are wrong then nothing well happen to us .. but if you are wrong you will go to hell
So as a matter of precaution Why don't you try to believe in God even theoretically ...
you have nothing to lose anyway don't you ?!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 07:06 AM

10,017 posts, read 17,025,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
As we all know atheist don't believe in God .. we do (religious people)
They don't believe in life after death ..we do ..
They don't believe in heaven and hell .. we do ..
But what if you are wrong ?
What if we are wrong too ?
If we are wrong then nothing well happen to us .. but if you are wrong you will go to hell
So as a matter of precaution Why don't you try to believe in God even theoretically ...
you have nothing to lose anyway don't you ?!!!
Dont you think a god would know we are faking it?!

If this God is going to send me to hell, for being a good person, doing good for others and loving life and family, then I wouldn't want to believe or worship him, he wouldn't be worthy of it..

Old 04-16-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Dont you think a god would know we are faking it?!

If this God is going to send me to hell, for being a good person, doing good for others and loving life and family, then I wouldn't want to believe or worship him, he wouldn't be worthy of it..
I never said fake it !!
Quote:
Why don't you try to believe in God even theoretically

Its all about your intent .
All of what you said you are doing .. you are doing it for this world ...in this life .. wich is great .. but it has nothing to do with the after life .. nothing to do with gods rewarde in the after life .. wright ?
If you do something good you will be rewarded only in this life because your intent was for this world .. but if you are doing it in gods name you will be reworded both in this life and in the life after .
There is somthing we have to be aware of .. its not about us .. its about god .. there is no suce thing as "I wouldn't want to believe or worship him, he wouldn't be worthy of it " when we get rid of the "I" word only then we would be able to see every thing properly .

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 04-16-2011 at 08:00 AM..

Old 04-16-2011, 07:47 AM

9,745 posts, read 14,197,700 times
Quote:
Not so fast. If you are wrong and atheists are right, then yes, you have nothing to worry about. But what if you are wrong but some other religion is right? Then you may have plenty to worry about, depending on the religion. Fortunately they're aren't many religions or variations of religions out there to decrease your odds of being wrong....

Old 04-16-2011, 07:50 AM

9,745 posts, read 14,197,700 times
Quote:
I never said fake it !!

All of what you said you are doing .. you are doing it for this world ...in this life .. it has nothing to do with the after life .. nothing to do with god .. wright ?
If you do something good you will be rewarded only in this life upon your intent in this world .. but if you are doing it in gods name you will be reworded both in this life and in the life after .
How can someone just change his or her mind and start believing? Could you simply decide to switch religions, especially to one you believe is utterly ridiculous?

Old 04-16-2011, 07:54 AM

10,017 posts, read 17,025,880 times
Quote:
I never said fake it !!

All of what you said you are doing .. you are doing it for this world ...in this life .. it has nothing to do with the after life .. nothing to do with god .. wright ?
If you do something good you will be rewarded only in this life upon your intent in this world .. but if you are doing it in gods name you will be reworded both in this life and in the life after .
Atheist don't believe in god, through research, much thought and logic we come to our non belief, how exactly are we suppose to throw all of that out and try to believe in god.

I do good things, because they are rewarding to not only the other person, but to me as well. I am not going to do it in the name of anything else, a god had no part in it.

Just seems this god of yours needs his ego massaged alot.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Not so fast. If you are wrong and atheists are right, then yes, you have nothing to worry about. But what if you are wrong but some other religion is right? Then you may have plenty to worry about, depending on the religion. Fortunately they're aren't many religions or variations of religions out there to decrease your odds of being wrong....

The answer is very simple :
The supject is about atheists .. not other religions .
That would be in another topic

Old 04-16-2011, 08:07 AM

7,813 posts, read 10,709,719 times
Per the Admin, there is to be no proselizing on this particular subforum. (Please refer to Sticky at top of forum.) As such, this thread is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism