U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 07:59 AM

4,891 posts, read 3,980,500 times

Advertisements

Interesting, but if someone were revered as the "Messiah" and if the tomb were a place wherein this supposed "greatest Miracle" happened, would that place not have become an instant Shrine and place of pilgramage? Would not generations of followers flocked to it, shown it to the next generation, keeping it sacred and Holy?
Instead, it is lost. There are a few "Tombs of Jesus" floating around that each claim to be the "lost tomb" of Jesus. I think something so momentous as the "resurrection " would not result in a "lost Tomb" or such discrepancy, especially since the tribes and Israelites, Jews, even Romans bade great importance on Burial Tombs and monuments.

So where is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 08:01 AM

11,145 posts, read 14,143,519 times
I can't believe my local grocery store is closed today becuse of a middle eastern man who came to life, left a tomb, went to the Mount of Olives and rose into heaven, 2000 years ago. All of this mythology still being celebrated in an age of Blackberries, iPads and 1080p.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:11 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,097,610 times
Oh, nep, I couldn't rep you again!

Large, you know the answer would be that Christians were persecuted, tortured, and almost stamped out. They would say that those who knew where the tomb was kept it secret or that they were banished, killed, or fled. There is always a "plausible explanation" (note the quotes) even the classic God erased it from human knowledge and memory.

I just don't ask these questions anymore. And I'll tell you something else, I won't go on Facebook anymore on Easter either. It feels like a Jesus spam attack.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:17 AM

11,145 posts, read 14,143,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
Oh, nep, I couldn't rep you again!

Large, you know the answer would be that Christians were persecuted, tortured, and almost stamped out. They would say that those who knew where the tomb was kept it secret or that they were banished, killed, or fled. There is always a "plausible explanation" (note the quotes) even the classic God erased it from human knowledge and memory.

I just don't ask these questions anymore. And I'll tell you something else, I won't go on Facebook anymore on Easter either. It feels like a Jesus spam attack.
That's why I put this as my facebook status for today:

My local grocery store is closed today because of a middle eastern man who came back to life, walked out of a tomb and onto the Mount of Olives and ascended into heaven. This mythological event, still being celebrated in an age of BlackBerries, iPads and 1080p!

Old 04-24-2011, 09:04 AM

16,300 posts, read 24,981,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
It feels like a Jesus spam attack.
I expect I might steal that

Old 04-24-2011, 09:38 AM

973 posts, read 1,239,881 times
My FB status today is:

Happy Ostara. The Original Easter. The Babylonian Celebration honoring the resurrection of their god, Tammuz...2000 years before Jesus of Nazareth.
Ref.

The True Origin of Easter
www.thercg.org

of course it is surrounded by stuff like...

"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection..." Phillipians 3:10 Jesus rose from the dead and was proven to be the Son of God. The grave could not hold him!

And

Happy Easter! The tomb is empty! Jesus is risen!

Old 04-24-2011, 11:07 AM

8,680 posts, read 13,314,808 times
Nep, haven't you heard? The tomb is in Middletown, CT!

Old 04-24-2011, 01:54 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,996,789 times
Ishtar>Ostara>Easter. Makes sense to me!

Old 04-24-2011, 05:32 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,097,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I expect I might steal that
Please do!

Old 04-24-2011, 08:40 PM

4,891 posts, read 3,980,500 times
I skipped Facebook today too. SOmething like this all over : "Happy Easter Today's Holiday brought to you by Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" I vote for somehting more like "Happy Easter Today's Holiday brought to you by Christian Mythology, ignorance, superstition, the Easter Bunny and the Cadbury Cream Egg Company "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism