U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:35 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,435,466 times

Advertisements

I've been out of Christian churches for about 5 years now. I am still a believer in a supreme being, and I still believe in the teachings of Christ in regards to how we would be best suited to live our lives in a way that is uplifting and postive. That being said, I regard much of the bible to be written by men and full of errors which is why I cannot really bring myself to attend church anymore. I just can't sit there and pretend that the bible is error free and am still surprised that so many people are not willing to question the hypocrisies in the Christian churches.

I guess I would find a religion that doesn't require you (or at least guilt you) to give money to pay for elaborate facilities and I would find a church that truly follows the teachings of Christ in love, forgiveness, humbleness, and charity. Not sure where to find a church like that and I have tried a lot since moving back to TX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 09:10 PM

3,884 posts, read 8,969,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Excellent! The Church of Bacchus is for you. You can be the third member. We have tripled in size in just one day. At this rate, we should take over the world about a year from next Tuesday.
Count me in!
Hey, can we add an end of the world scenario? Maybe on the 3rd month of the year in 2013 on the 3rd day we all disappear and end up congregated in a bar for a big party that nobody else can get too? That would be excellent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism