U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 08:10 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,085,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia160 View Post
Well, according to the pastor's from my youth, I would be convinced that aliens selectively kidnapped all the christians and I would be wondering if all the tabloid stories about anal probes and such were true. After pondering that for awhile, I'd trot down to the local microchip station and get my mark of the beast. Then, I guess I'd take my new chip out for a test run at the liquor store; and, since our christian nation doesn't have christians anymore, I'd act out all my evil atheist desires. For example, I'd probably collect as many poor homeless pets as I could and feed them. I might consider cleaning up all those clothes left on the streets after the christians disappeared. You get the idea; I'd try to help clean up the mess they left behind.

Of course, later, I would get my just desserts when Jesus and his followers returned to defeat satan and his evil minions. I guess, ultimately I would be roasting in hell and regretting not listening to the warnings that all the CD posters gave me!
Seriously I know for a fact as an atheist I've lived my life better than a lot of Christians and I bet more righteous than a lot of them too.

That being said if there happened to be a hell and I was still sent to it and that "born again christian" got into heaven...what a f'ed up world this is.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:46 PM

17,751 posts, read 15,663,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
So lets say the rapture did happen this weekend - what would you guys do?
I'd walk from my house and let the bank have it. I could probably just squat in a mansion.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:46 PM

4,487 posts, read 4,372,423 times
I'm heading up to Ferrari/Lamborghini dealership to pick up my new wheels. Then guns. I have a feeling I'll probably need some guns.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:14 AM

11,798 posts, read 21,996,789 times
You'd probably need the guns to protect your new set of wheels.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:00 AM

6,886 posts, read 6,209,806 times
I think it would be fun to check out some of the stuff the Christians have told us..............

Like the age of accountability. After the rapture, we could see exactly what age that was by checking to see if there were any kids under 6 years old that were still around. Or 7 or 8 years old.

It would also be fun to find out exactly who the "true christians" were. Would any Catholics or Presbyterians get taken up? Mormons?

How about Baptism? Do believers who have yet to be baptized get taken or left behind.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:14 AM

3 posts, read 5,899 times
Default The Rapture?

First off, the rapture theory is not Biblical. Jesus does not come back three times. The word "Rapture" is not in the Bible and the new meaning of it wasn't accepted into the Greek dictionary until the middle 1900's. John Nelson Darby was the one to start preaching about the rapture theory in the 1800's based on a vision from a young girl.

By the way, what calendar did they use to get the date of the rapture anyway? Does May 21 start at midnight or sundown?

The only one that knows of Jesus' return is God. I think people should spend more time with trusting God and not what man preaches.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:18 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,302,730 times
I would rather enjoy the look on the faces of a few "Preachers" when they look up and see a bunch of "sinners" going sky ward and they are stuck on the ground looking up and hollering "You, forgot to take me."

But since I do not believe the Rapture will happen, that is something I can only enjoy in my warped imagination.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:42 AM

5,322 posts, read 8,374,561 times
Perhaps we should ask what those who truly believe the Rapture will happen tomorrow will do if it does not?

Old 05-20-2011, 08:51 AM

3,884 posts, read 8,971,690 times
It's hard for me to think of what those people will do without us to convince anymore. They will have lost their "calling". I imagine it will be a bore with a bunch of believers and nothing to do. The rapture coming true is like getting a pink slip from God, I think they would be more bummed than me. lol I don't think they will appreciate the early retirement.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:05 AM

8,878 posts, read 7,985,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
I'm heading up to Ferrari/Lamborghini dealership to pick up my new wheels. Then guns. I have a feeling I'll probably need some guns.

I'm with Mike.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism