U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-08-2011, 09:10 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,267,974 times
Reputation: 3602

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
The main problem I have with some conservatives is that they think all liberals think alike.
NO. NO NO. that's why they're called liberals. they think for themselves.

They are atheists, they are theists, they are Protestant, Catholic, Jewish.

They drive Fords, Chevy's, Cadillac's, Mercedes Benz.

They root for the Giants, Jets, Cowboys, Packers, etc.etc.

They vote for Democrats, Republicans, Independents

They live in the North, South, East and West.

They own guns.

They hate guns.

Excuse me but your thinking is foolish. Not because you are a Conservative but because you are posting somebody's writings and you assume all Conservatives think alike.

How about posting some original thoughts.
Implicit in your response is that you seem to feel all conservative act the same way, oposite what you claim as liberal actions. If true, that makes you worse that those you want to chide.

Is this true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-08-2011, 02:14 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,945 posts, read 4,751,950 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
I'm an atheist but laugh at the bible thumpers as much as I laugh at the people who complain about the bible thumpers.

Must be because I am a conservative.

reminds me of an old joke.

Conservative vs Liberal

* If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn`t buy one.
* If a liberal doesn't like guns, he feels that no one should have one.

* If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.
* If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants to ban all meat products for everyone.

* If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
* A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

* If a conservative doesn't practice religion he leads his life without it.
*If a Liberal doesn't practice religion he demands all western based religions be banned.


* If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
* If a liberal is homosexual, he loudly demands legislated respect.


* If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
* A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

* If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
* Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
what a lame I joke. a joke more in tune with reality would be:

* conservatives think guns are like sea food, if you don't like 'em you don't buy 'em
* if a liberal doesn't like getting shot by guns, he feels that no one should have one.

*if a conservative says he's a vegetarian, he's bound to eat meat inside the closet.
* if a liberal thinks our industrial system exploits and tortures animals, he wants to disallow people the ability to fund evil

*if a conservative gets called out to his face, he starts a fight.
* a liberal actually thinks about the lives of our soldiers and our ideals of peace and understanding

*if a conservative doesn't practice religion, he kowtows to the religious pimps.
* if a liberal actually stands for something, he damn right stands for it.

*if a conservative is a homosexual, he lies and attacks homosexuality
* if a liberal is homosexual, he is true to himself and demands his rights.

*if a conservative is down-and-out, liberals will help them and he will be a hypocrite and use the programs
* if a liberal is down-and-out, conservatives demand that they don't use the programs their hard work created.

*if a conservative doesn't like what he hears, he says "lalalalalala" and covers his ears; going far out of their way to hear what they want to hear. looking desperately to destroy them, even through lies and b.s.
* if a liberal doesn't like what he hears, he tries to educate the ignorant savage who is spouting b.s. demanding that both their freedom of speach not be trampled on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2011, 05:56 PM
 
478 posts, read 642,378 times
Reputation: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
The main problem I have with some conservatives is that they think all liberals think alike.
NO. NO NO. that's why they're called liberals. they think for themselves.

They are atheists, they are theists, they are Protestant, Catholic, Jewish.

They drive Fords, Chevy's, Cadillac's, Mercedes Benz.

They root for the Giants, Jets, Cowboys, Packers, etc.etc.

They vote for Democrats, Republicans, Independents

They live in the North, South, East and West.

They own guns.

They hate guns.

Excuse me but your thinking is foolish. Not because you are a Conservative but because you are posting somebody's writings and you assume all Conservatives think alike.

How about posting some original thoughts.
Conservatives who don't like a joke ignore it and move on.

Liberals who don't like a joke have to tear it apart and analyze it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2011, 06:00 PM
 
478 posts, read 642,378 times
Reputation: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
The main problem I have with some conservatives is that they think all liberals think alike.
NO. NO NO. that's why they're called liberals. they think for themselves.

They are atheists, they are theists, they are Protestant, Catholic, Jewish.

They drive Fords, Chevy's, Cadillac's, Mercedes Benz.

They root for the Giants, Jets, Cowboys, Packers, etc.etc.

They vote for Democrats, Republicans, Independents

They live in the North, South, East and West.

They own guns.

They hate guns.

Excuse me but your thinking is foolish. Not because you are a Conservative but because you are posting somebody's writings and you assume all Conservatives think alike.

How about posting some original thoughts.
Yes only Conservatives stereotype people .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
what a lame I joke. a joke more in tune with reality would be:

* conservatives think guns are like sea food, if you don't like 'em you don't buy 'em
* if a liberal doesn't like getting shot by guns, he feels that no one should have one.

*if a conservative says he's a vegetarian, he's bound to eat meat inside the closet.
* if a liberal thinks our industrial system exploits and tortures animals, he wants to disallow people the ability to fund evil

*if a conservative gets called out to his face, he starts a fight.
* a liberal actually thinks about the lives of our soldiers and our ideals of peace and understanding

*if a conservative doesn't practice religion, he kowtows to the religious pimps.
* if a liberal actually stands for something, he damn right stands for it.

*if a conservative is a homosexual, he lies and attacks homosexuality
* if a liberal is homosexual, he is true to himself and demands his rights.

*if a conservative is down-and-out, liberals will help them and he will be a hypocrite and use the programs
* if a liberal is down-and-out, conservatives demand that they don't use the programs their hard work created.

*if a conservative doesn't like what he hears, he says "lalalalalala" and covers his ears; going far out of their way to hear what they want to hear. looking desperately to destroy them, even through lies and b.s.
* if a liberal doesn't like what he hears, he tries to educate the ignorant savage who is spouting b.s. demanding that both their freedom of speach not be trampled on.
Thanks for providing the ammo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2011, 08:21 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,945 posts, read 4,751,950 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
Conservatives who don't like a joke ignore it and move on.

Liberals who don't like a joke have to tear it apart and analyze it.
Is that supposed to be a good thing for conservatives? ignorance is bliss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2011, 08:24 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,945 posts, read 4,751,950 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
Yes only Conservatives stereotype people .



Thanks for providing the ammo!
wow! it was a joke, hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2011, 08:27 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,945 posts, read 4,751,950 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Implicit in your response is that you seem to feel all conservative act the same way, oposite what you claim as liberal actions. If true, that makes you worse that those you want to chide.

Is this true?
Implicit in his response? maybe only to your eyes. the only thing all liberals share with eachother is a love of freedom (add more rights into the laws). the only thing all conservatives are supposed to share with eachother, is that they don't want to modify the existing laws or ways of doing things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2011, 07:12 AM
 
8,468 posts, read 13,664,933 times
Reputation: 7538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Keep in mind that for every wacko Christian nutjob who uses the Bible as justification for their bigotry, there's a wonderful Christian who uses it as inspiration to do good, help others, volunteer and live a better life.
That's great that their religion inspires them to do good things, but it implies that without their religion, they wouldn't. I have more respect for the person who does good deeds for its own sake and not because his religion told him to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
Conservatives who don't like a joke ignore it and move on.

Liberals who don't like a joke have to tear it apart and analyze it.
Oh please. If I told a joke that misrepresented conservatives, you'd see plenty of them come out of the woodwork to tell me how wrong I was about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2011, 08:21 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,267,974 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Implicit in his response? maybe only to your eyes. the only thing all liberals share with eachother is a love of freedom (add more rights into the laws). the only thing all conservatives are supposed to share with eachother, is that they don't want to modify the existing laws or ways of doing things.
Maybe you should get your eyes checked if you can't see it.

The thing that most liberals share is a desire to control the actions of others, based on their own actions and what they think is best, of course.

The thing that most conservatives share is a dislike of liberals as oppressors of freedom and a desire for that freedom.

As for modifying laws, yes. The ones the liberals have changed to control the freedoms of people to fit the liberal agenda should be changed. The un-constitutional laws (such as so many of those passed by the current administration) need to be changed/reversed.

As is apparent from your response, you have no problem living in a liberal nanny state. Hope you wake up before it is to late.

Last edited by Arjay51; 06-09-2011 at 08:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2011, 08:56 AM
 
8,468 posts, read 13,664,933 times
Reputation: 7538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Maybe you should get your eyes checked if you can't see it.

The thing that most liberals share is a desire to control the actions of others, based on their own actions and what they think is best, of course.

The thing that most conservatives share is a dislike of liberals as oppressors of freedom and a desire for that freedom.

As for modifying laws, yes. The ones the liberals have changed to control the freedoms of people to fit the liberal agenda should be changed. The un-constitutional laws (such as so many of those passed by the current administration) need to be changed?reversed.

As is apparent from your response, you have no problem living in a liberal nanny state. Hope you wake up before it is to late.
I think you're the one who needs to get his eyes checked. You talk of liberals wanting to oppress freedom, but it's conservatives who go around telling people who they can and cannot marry, where they can and can't build mosques, and then wiretap their phones. And what I find hilarious is how selective conservatives are in embracing the constitution, the thing they claim is sacred. The law says if you're born here, you're a citizen and yet we now have conservatives talking about changing that law because it upsets them that many of those kids being born here are Hispanic. In other words, I like the constitution when it agrees with my politics, but I want to change the parts that don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top