U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-07-2011, 09:45 PM
 
16,300 posts, read 24,972,538 times
Reputation: 8282

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Oh yes, and we all know he shot soemone because he was a Christian!!!!!!!!

rolling eyes
Well he believed in this loony christianity rapture bovine excrement because he was a christian, and his christian morality that christians are so willing to throw in everyone else's face told him to take a gun to work and shoot the guy.

You gotta be a fringe christian extreemist to belive in such nonsense as he did, thus it is the cause of his actions, combined with a lack of reason and maturity.

So roll your eyes all you want, it don't change the facts, but makes it clear you should be using your eyes to look and instead of just rolling them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-08-2011, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,792,844 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Well he believed in this loony christianity rapture bovine excrement because he was a christian, and his christian morality that christians are so willing to throw in everyone else's face told him to take a gun to work and shoot the guy.

You gotta be a fringe christian extreemist to belive in such nonsense as he did, thus it is the cause of his actions, combined with a lack of reason and maturity.

So roll your eyes all you want, it don't change the facts, but makes it clear you should be using your eyes to look and instead of just rolling them.
Do you ever look at any of the good things that Christians do or do you base your arguments soley on the bad??? A little one sided if you ask me.

Both Christians AND Atheists are capable of doing good in the world, AND bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,780,534 times
Reputation: 12629
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Do you ever look at any of the good things that Christians do or do you base your arguments soley on the bad??? A little one sided if you ask me.

Both Christians AND Atheists are capable of doing good in the world, AND bad.
This is the topic...39-year-old man who was disappointed that May 21st rapture didn't come true reacts to teasing....by shooting someone.

Do you see anything good about it? If you want to talk about the good Christians do perhaps you should start a new thread. I will be the first to admit that many Christians do much good in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 02:11 PM
 
16,300 posts, read 24,972,538 times
Reputation: 8282
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Do you ever look at any of the good things that Christians do or do you base your arguments soley on the bad??? A little one sided if you ask me.

Both Christians AND Atheists are capable of doing good in the world, AND bad.
The first thing the good christians do, is they treat their superstition like their genitalia, they keep it private and force it on no one.

It's the rest of the christians and followers of other ancient superstitions that I am vocal against. Those that use it as an excuse to justify their bigotry, bias, phobias and hatred, plus the fact that the reason they may have these faults is that they learned, manifested and reinforced frequently by their ancient superstitions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 02:25 PM
 
874 posts, read 1,401,743 times
Reputation: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Well he believed in this loony christianity rapture bovine excrement because he was a christian, and his christian morality that christians are so willing to throw in everyone else's face told him to take a gun to work and shoot the guy.

You gotta be a fringe christian extreemist to belive in such nonsense as he did, thus it is the cause of his actions, combined with a lack of reason and maturity.

So roll your eyes all you want, it don't change the facts, but makes it clear you should be using your eyes to look and instead of just rolling them.
Christians don't believe in the rapture... it's not our teachings. The man just CHOSE to believe it was true. Plus you're being stereotypical with the bold statement... don't judge the religion as a whole. Of course, the religion is the most popular in the world so there will be some believers who murder, but they don't represent our religion as you think.

Last edited by schmidty223; 07-08-2011 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,780,534 times
Reputation: 12629
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
Christians don't believe in the rapture... it's not our teachings. The man just CHOSE to believe it was true. Plus you're being stereotypical with the bold statement... don't judge the religion as a whole. Of course, the religion is the most popular in the world so there will be some believers who murder, but they don't represent our religion as you think.
On the contrary, many, many Christians DO believe in the rapture...Just check out the Christianity forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,792,844 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This is the topic...39-year-old man who was disappointed that May 21st rapture didn't come true reacts to teasing....by shooting someone.

Do you see anything good about it? If you want to talk about the good Christians do perhaps you should start a new thread. I will be the first to admit that many Christians do much good in the world.
Not at all. I think its important though, that people realise that he didnt do this on behalf of Christianity, and it wasnt his Christian beleifs { or supposed beleifs } that "made" him do it. He was obviously a very troubled individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
On the contrary, many, many Christians DO believe in the rapture...Just check out the Christianity forum.
Would have to agree here. I was raised in a semi-christian home and there are MANY who beleive in the rapture, which is a ridiculous notion in and of itself.

[quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The first thing the good christians do, is they treat their superstition like their genitalia, they keep it private and force it on no one.

It's the rest of the christians and followers of other ancient superstitions that I am vocal against. Those that use it as an excuse to justify their bigotry, bias, phobias and hatred, plus the fact that the reason they may have these faults is that they learned, manifested and reinforced frequently by their ancient superstitions.[/quote]
Agreed. There are many people who do very bad things that claim to have "god on their side" But you said it in the above. Its just an excuse. Maybe a better way to put it would be that they use it as a justification for their actions.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 07-08-2011 at 05:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top