U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 06:55 AM

39,086 posts, read 10,842,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Hardcore beleiver?????? . . . . . . ok, its obvious you have no clue as to what or who you are speaking about.

Its not a baited question. Could the delivery have been better? Sure.[/quote]

We all write posts which in hindsight could have been better worded. Atheism at least should give the offender a second chance so I don't see why you shouldn't re - present your question worded to say what you really intended to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 07:26 AM

3,673 posts, read 4,935,361 times
Quote:
IF you are right, that there is no God or no afterlife, dosnt it annoy you that you will never be able to stand up and say " see, we told you there was no God and no afterlife! We were right and you were wrong" Dosnt it annoy you to know that if you are right, that you will never know for an absolute certainty because you will just be dead, you wont know anything or be able to think anything. Im not an atheist, but it annoys me to think that if there really is no God or afterlife, we wont be able to conciously think about that fact.
no, not really.....
i'm more annoyed about people's ignorance in believing this BS here on earth in this day and age than anything else.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:24 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,830,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
They are all wrong. True noodly righteousness is found among the most humble store brand noodles and almost-expired 1/2 off Prego sauce with humble ground beef and cheese.

Stop trying to the bring the Italy into the argument; they strayed from the true pasta path long ago, (as Italy has with most things in life) when they decided to get "fancy and artsy" with their noodles.
I can go along with you until you bring up meat sauce. I'm vegetarian and our needs must be taken into consideration.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:42 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,045,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Well I do not want to offend his Noodleness, will he be too badly offended if I don't believe in him. However the Sauce be Upon him, may be ok if he is on my plate in an Italian Restaurant.

Quite a paradox although I do not belief in him, I find him to be quite delicious with the right sauce and plenty of aged Parmesan
AHA!!!!! I suspect you are catching on!!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:45 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,045,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I can go along with you until you bring up meat sauce. I'm vegetarian and our needs must be taken into consideration.
Well.....stop by the house, I grow my tomatos for sandwiches and the Cherokee Purple are particularly delicious! (white bread, Dukes Mayo, thick slab of tomato, salt, pepper) anything else is superfluous.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:27 PM

1,965 posts, read 5,788,675 times
I don't need to wait until I die. Just go talk to a dead guy. WE ALL KNOW there is no "life" after death. Brain wave activity ceases. We already know that. end of story.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:32 PM

4,429 posts, read 5,670,663 times
Quote:
IF you are right, that there is no God or no afterlife, dosnt it annoy you that you will never be able to stand up and say " see, we told you there was no God and no afterlife! We were right and you were wrong" Dosnt it annoy you to know that if you are right, that you will never know for an absolute certainty because you will just be dead, you wont know anything or be able to think anything. Im not an atheist, but it annoys me to think that if there really is no God or afterlife, we wont be able to conciously think about that fact.
Well from my personal view/experiences.....I think the only reason why I would like to be able to disprove god or the afterlife, is because I don't like when some people of faith that try to tell me (only talking about me) that I'm not living a moral, righteous, good life as dictated by a particular book or set of ideals. And that I will be punished in some way by some metaphysical power after my death for not conforming to these ideals.
Personally I despise the idea of "sin" and just find that belief to be nauseating in general. As far as I'm concerned if one is not breaking the secular laws of whatever society they live in....then.....to each their own.
Let me just say that I know many people of faith who are not like this at all but..........unfortunately I've run into enough overly zealous folks that it at times really does annoy me that I can't disprove all of the metaphysical.

Of course I do always worry about legislation coming down the pike that is heavily influenced by religious thought. Granted...let me say that religion is not the only influence that we need to watch out for with legislation.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:08 PM

13,143 posts, read 19,199,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
HERESY! There is only counter to such meatless blasphemy; to be burned on holy flames of the Fire Magic Aurora Grill, covered in A-1 sauce. (sorry, but wev'e got rules to follow in the church of FSM)

Old 07-06-2011, 03:14 PM

13,143 posts, read 19,199,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
I don't need to wait until I die. Just go talk to a dead guy. WE ALL KNOW there is no "life" after death. Brain wave activity ceases. We already know that. end of story.
So we'd assume, naturally... but for thousands of years this kind of stuff has been happening to suggest otherwise:

Ghost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just saying... There's still a question there, and our understanding of everything is still incomplete.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:53 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,830,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
HERESY! There is only counter to such meatless blasphemy; to be burned on holy flames of the Fire Magic Aurora Grill, covered in A-1 sauce. (sorry, but wev'e got rules to follow in the church of FSM)
Rules, schmooles.
A nice fresh tomato sauce with a splash of balsamic and a hint of chile; perhaps a grilled yellow pepper for color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism