U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:19 AM

16,105 posts, read 17,919,494 times

Advertisements

Videos have been removed from youtube, but... for Sarah Palin, what about the Salem News story here:

Sarah Palin and the NAR - Salem-News.Com

Here's a youtube video of Sarah being *annointed* at the Wassilla Church of God

‪Sarah Palin Anointing‬‏ - YouTube

More about her church
Bruce Wilson: Sarah Palin's Churches and The Third Wave: New Video Documentary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 09:25 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,195,937 times
that video sounds terrible. the audio doesnt sync with his hand motions, which makes it make even less sense. the audio sounds like it was horribly dubbed over the original.

sorry, grainy youtube videos with suspect audio dont cut it

Old 08-07-2011, 11:28 AM

30,884 posts, read 31,788,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
that video sounds terrible. the audio doesnt sync with his hand motions, which makes it make even less sense. the audio sounds like it was horribly dubbed over the original.

Wow, this is common knowledge, known by people around the world.

Sarah Palin says that God has a plan that includes public policies such as the war in Iraq and fossil fuel pipelines. Sarah Palin says that witch hunter Thomas Muthee spiritually anointed her as Governor at the Wasilla Assembly of God church. On June 8, 2008, Sarah Palin made a pledge to work with the church as Governor of Alaska to see that "God's will be done".
Wasilla Assembly of God

Muthee's mounting stardom took him to Wasilla Assembly of God in May, 2005, where he prayed over Palin and called upon Jesus to propel her into the governor's mansion -- and beyond. Muthee also implored Jesus to protect Palin from "the spirit of witchcraft." Max Blumenthal: The Witch Hunter Anoints Sarah Palin

Old 08-07-2011, 11:45 AM

39,203 posts, read 10,880,280 times
Quote:

Try there.

In the Times Online piece, "Palin linked electoral success to prayer of Kenyan witchhunter," reporter Hannah Strange writes:
At a speech at the Wasilla Assembly of God on June 8 this year, Mrs Palin described how Thomas Muthee had laid his hands on her when he visited the church as a guest preacher in late 2005, prior to her successful gubernatorial bid.
Sarah Palin and Thomas Muthee - the American Candidate and the African Witchhunter

Muthee should be hailed for asking God to shield Palin from harmful forces, however they may be manifested. And for this he is mocked and Palin ridiculed?"

Pastor Muthee and Mayor Palin - Political Punch

But her credibility is once again being questioned after an African pastor she credits with helping her political career was revealed to have waged a witch-hunt against a woman who was said to cause car crashes with her "demonic spells."

In June, Palin told how a visiting pastor from Kenya had foretold she was destined for greater things.

Read more: Palin under fire over African pastor friend who waged witch-hunt against woman he believed caused car crashes | Mail Online

Palin under fire over African pastor friend who waged witch-hunt against woman he believed caused car crashes | Mail Online

Sarah Palin Linked Her Electoral Success to Prayer of Kenyan Witch Hunter
The pastor who accused a Kenyan woman of causing car accidents through demonic spells "laid his hands" on Palin in prayer. Sarah Palin Linked Her Electoral Success to Prayer of Kenyan Witch Hunter | Election 2008 | AlterNet

It looks pretty clear that this happened and Palin says so. There is no reason to reject the video, crummy though it is.

Is the Pastor associated with NAR?

the significance of both Thomas Muthee and the other activities at Palin's churches does not concern the Assemblies of God or speaking in tongues, but is rooted in the growth of an independent apostolic network that is being rapidly institutionalized worldwide. To understand Palin's churches, attention should be turned toward the Third Wave and the New Apostolic Reformation.
| Palin, Muthee, and the Witch - Journalists Miss the Major Story

"As a Catholic," said Cocozzelli, "I am deeply concerned about Governor Palin's ongoing involvement with Pastor Ed Kalnins and Bishop Thomas Muthee, both of whom are engaged in the anti-Catholic New Apostolic Reformation movement."
CrossLeft Issues Press Release On Palin's Ongoing Association With Anti-Catholic NAR Clergy. | CrossLeft (http://crossleft.org/node/6569 - broken link)

Muthee is a heavily connected African minister, popular as a speaker at certain Christian conferences, who has become famous worldwide among members of the rapidly expanding form of Christian fundamentalism that is the Third Wave or the New Apostolic Reformation

Sarah Palin and Pastor Thomas Muthee’s Prayer & Prophecy « End Times Prophetic, Prophecy, Visions, Dreams, Revelation, Christian Blog

I'd say Palin's links with Muthee and his with a charismatic evangelical movement that mirrors NAR if not actually being an East African branch of it are not only substantiated but not even denied by them.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:54 AM

30,884 posts, read 31,788,057 times
Quote:
/would have accepted anything from any of the fav left sides (cnn,msnbc,abc, etc etc)
//seeing as none of them bothered to link to anything either of you posted, i can safely assume theyre just BS
Will Rick Perry answer the religious right's prayers? - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Rick Perry: The Evangelicals Behind The Response

America's own Taliban - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

Old 08-07-2011, 12:22 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,379,377 times
Default Huh? Really?

DexterCat, you aren't actually defending Sara Palin's wacked spiritual philosophies, or those of Rick Perry, are you? I mean, ARE YOU?

Q: why is it that otherwise intelligent conservative leaders are so often willingly associated with the religious wack-fringe, those obviously incapable of independent thinking or speaking their own well-thought out minds? Why are so many of them tainted by Christianity?

It's exactly why I departed the Republican Party so many years ago, that decision helped along by their decidedly anti-environmental stance (see: Rush Limbaugh, the most ill-educated environmental commentator of all time...), which is well-poached in stubborn ignorance and arrogance, and Big-Biz favoritism.

Almost makes you want to become a "libbie"!

Old 08-07-2011, 02:25 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,281,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
DexterCat, you aren't actually defending Sara Palin's wacked spiritual philosophies, or those of Rick Perry, are you? I mean, ARE YOU?

Q: why is it that otherwise intelligent conservative leaders are so often willingly associated with the religious wack-fringe, those obviously incapable of independent thinking or speaking their own well-thought out minds? Why are so many of them tainted by Christianity?

It's exactly why I departed the Republican Party so many years ago, that decision helped along by their decidedly anti-environmental stance (see: Rush Limbaugh, the most ill-educated environmental commentator of all time...), which is well-poached in stubborn ignorance and arrogance, and Big-Biz favoritism.

Almost makes you want to become a "libbie"!
Well, rifleman, you could tell his willful ignorance and ability to stick his head in the sand regarding Christians and government becomes readily available by his utterly mature and quite convincing "bwhahahahaha" which is shortly followed by this statement:

Quote:
when was the last time you seriously heard christians calling each other to arms and become 'militant'? seriously.. ROFL! this crap is about as bad as 'news of the weird' and just as credible!
Considering that a crazy Christian terrorist murdered 91 people in Norway just two weeks ago, I had an extraordinarily difficult time determining if his comment was made in sarcastic jest or in seriousness. Based on his obvious ignorance of the religious right's courting of government and/or willingness to deny it even exists, I'm sad to say I think he's actually serious. Then again, the guy in Norway, according to Bill O'Reilly, wasn't a True Christian®.

Not to mention, I love the fact that he asks for articles after badgering me to do my homework and then he blatantly states "I didn't even read past the first sentence." Then, I'm asked to provide information from sites that he clearly deems are "left wing" in nature (probably because they don't match up with the "fair and balanced" nature of the holy Fox News) which I clearly tried to steer away from lest I be accused of providing information from "left wing news organizations." Naturally, though, when right wing blog publishers like Andrew Breitbart publish grainy videos of ACORN members, it is to be taken with utmost seriousness. Not that I'm defending ACORN, I'm just making a point about grainy videos and blog posts.

So, the bottom line is the nature of his ignorance is such that it must characteristically maintain his view of the Republican Party as a perfect organization, free and void of any flaw, lest he be forced to actually admit Rick Perry or those like him, are willing to itch Jesus' hemorrhoids for all of America just to get elected.

I suppose if you asked he'll also be the type that feels Creationism/Intelligent Design should be taught in schools to "balance" the argument and to provide "both sides" of the evidence. He's a mole, trying to infiltrate with trollish Christian behavior and probably best left ignored.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:07 PM

1,460 posts, read 1,494,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Well, rifleman, you could tell his willful ignorance and ability to stick his head in the sand regarding Christians and government becomes readily available by his utterly mature and quite convincing "bwhahahahaha" which is shortly followed by this statement:

Considering that a crazy Christian terrorist murdered 91 people in Norway just two weeks ago, I had an extraordinarily difficult time determining if his comment was made in sarcastic jest or in seriousness. Based on his obvious ignorance of the religious right's courting of government and/or willingness to deny it even exists, I'm sad to say I think he's actually serious. Then again, the guy in Norway, according to Bill O'Reilly, wasn't a True Christian®.

Not to mention, I love the fact that he asks for articles after badgering me to do my homework and then he blatantly states "I didn't even read past the first sentence." Then, I'm asked to provide information from sites that he clearly deems are "left wing" in nature (probably because they don't match up with the "fair and balanced" nature of the holy Fox News) which I clearly tried to steer away from lest I be accused of providing information from "left wing news organizations." Naturally, though, when right wing blog publishers like Andrew Breitbart publish grainy videos of ACORN members, it is to be taken with utmost seriousness. Not that I'm defending ACORN, I'm just making a point about grainy videos and blog posts.

So, the bottom line is the nature of his ignorance is such that it must characteristically maintain his view of the Republican Party as a perfect organization, free and void of any flaw, lest he be forced to actually admit Rick Perry or those like him, are willing to itch Jesus' hemorrhoids for all of America just to get elected.

I suppose if you asked he'll also be the type that feels Creationism/Intelligent Design should be taught in schools to "balance" the argument and to provide "both sides" of the evidence. He's a mole, trying to infiltrate with trollish Christian behavior and probably best left ignored.
"Infiltrate"? Christians, if the OP is one, are allowed to post in this forum, as atheists/agnostics are allowed to post in the Christianity forum.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:19 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,052,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblake78728 View Post
I use to be a live & let live kind of guy but people like Perry, Palin & Bachmann have turned me into a militant Atheist.
Good on ya!!! about damn time!!!

Old 08-07-2011, 11:21 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,052,517 times
It would not surprise me a bit to learn that Palin has a list of all those whose life she will make a living hell if she ever gets real power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism