U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-08-2011, 12:46 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,724,376 times
Reputation: 844

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
when was the last time you seriously heard christians calling each other to arms and become 'militant'? seriously.. ROFL! this crap is about as bad as 'news of the weird' and just as credible!
...........

fourth link - not sure how a bunch of 'prayer warriors' are going to take over america, but if you seriously believe that load of propaganda BS, i have a bridge you might be interested in procuring...
The people I know in this movement are harmless, albeit delusional. What's worrisome is when delusional superstitious people getting into power. They then become less harmless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-08-2011, 12:48 AM
 
Location: san antonio texas
1,805 posts, read 2,196,692 times
Reputation: 623
first link - nothing of substance in there that attempts to link perry to NAR

second link - But it has deepened the Governor's relationship with a rapidly expanding national network of fundamentalist evangelicals that could provide invaluable support to his presidential campaign.

what i got from this is, perry is getting to know these (whackjob) people. that does not mean he's lock step with their agenda.

for the record, perry is an idiot. the only reason im going out of my way to disprove this crap is because this is crap liberals actually believe. our crappy president was friends with a known racist, but somehow that didnt influence him right? why cant the same be said for perry?

not the same when the shoe is on the other foot eh?

third link - opens with this gem of a sentence "A fast growing right-wing politico-religious presence plans to implement an end-times, Christian theocracy in the US."

i just cant take this particular bit from al-jazerra seriously. usually, theyre pretty unbiased, but this just stinks of a loaded article with left-leaning bias.

in fact, reading over the article, they make tons of claims, saying this group wants to bring about the end times by replacing governments with a christian theocracy.

utter rubbish. no proof is given. granted, this group seems like something straight out of L ron hubbards creepy sci-fi books, but theyre not out to kill everyone like certain other radical groups have openly professed... now have they? if they had, im sure youd have linked an article or something saying as such...

however.

if i were perry, palin, etc etc, i would not associate with a group who has ideals like this:

Consequently, the NAR is also openly dedicated to destroying religious and cultural groups who do not share their beliefs - even including others on the Christian Right. They openly denounce Mormonism and Roman Catholicism as demonic, but in the end all Protestant denominations are seen as impediments to creating one unified religious establishment which should in turn control all of society, entirely replacing America's secular democracy, and bringing about their own version of "one-world government".

im really not certain how anyone of the christian faith (im roman catholic) could possibly take them seriously after that load of bs. the fact that they see roman catholics (my religion) and protestants (wifes religion) as a roadblock to their plan tells me they arent true believers of the Lord's work. they are simply out for power, thats all.

i had no plans on voting for perry (maybe his hair) or palin (shes hot, but not much in the brains catagory), so dont think im a supporter of either. im simply outing people for saying something as if it were fact and not citing a credible source or providing any relevant information.

this is a big problem liberals have, as well as stretching the truth to some amazing degrees.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Why are so many of them tainted by Christianity?
when you say ignorant things like this about someone's religion, do you honestly expect them to take you seriously? a lot of my in-laws are christians, arent extremists, follow the Lord's word and lead pretty quiet and contempt lives. how farking dare you say that christianity 'tainted' them, like its some disease.

seriously, eff you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Considering that a crazy Christian terrorist murdered 91 people in Norway just two weeks ago, I had an extraordinarily difficult time determining if his comment was made in sarcastic jest or in seriousness. Based on his obvious ignorance of the religious right's courting of government and/or willingness to deny it even exists, I'm sad to say I think he's actually serious. Then again, the guy in Norway, according to Bill O'Reilly, wasn't a True Christian®.
one of the few times oreilly has it right. a real christian doesnt commit acts of violence against his fellow man. true, they shun those that go against God's word, but we never wish harm or death upon them. anyone who does and calls themselves a christian/catholic is not one.


Quote:
Not to mention, I love the fact that he asks for articles after badgering me to do my homework and then he blatantly states "I didn't even read past the first sentence." Then, I'm asked to provide information from sites that he clearly deems are "left wing" in nature (probably because they don't match up with the "fair and balanced" nature of the holy Fox News) which I clearly tried to steer away from lest I be accused of providing information from "left wing news organizations."
when the opening line in the article you linked is from a crappy blog that you expect me to take seriously, yes, im going to call you out on it. sorry if that upsets ya! not only that, but you linked to shady, unknown crappy blogs. not that im advocating this, but if it was that important, why havent any of the bigger news outlets picked up on it?

also, i dont watch fox news, dont read fox news in paper form or on the web, nor do i get email alerts from them. nice way to generalize.

Quote:
Naturally, though, when right wing blog publishers like Andrew Breitbart publish grainy videos of ACORN members, it is to be taken with utmost seriousness. Not that I'm defending ACORN, I'm just making a point about grainy videos and blog posts.
dont watch or listen to breitbart either, though his acorn prostitution bit was... a strange read. ironically, the brietbart videos were remarkably clear. not grainy at all like the youtube palin video

Quote:
So, the bottom line is the nature of his ignorance is such that it must characteristically maintain his view of the Republican Party as a perfect organization, free and void of any flaw, lest he be forced to actually admit Rick Perry or those like him, are willing to itch Jesus' hemorrhoids for all of America just to get elected.
bottom line is, youre willfully ignorant on how someone actually is. you insert your own feelings, put words into their mouths, go off on faux.news, breitbart rants, insinuate that i watch garbage like that, then expect me to take you seriously.

excuse me while i LOL a bit, k?

Quote:
I suppose if you asked he'll also be the type that feels Creationism/Intelligent Design should be taught in schools to "balance" the argument and to provide "both sides" of the evidence. He's a mole, trying to infiltrate with trollish Christian behavior and probably best left ignored.
youd be quite surprised to learn that im heavily into sciences and math and excelled at them all throughout my scholar years. so much in fact that i was taking AP courses a few years ahead of me when i was in middle/high school.

re: creationism in schools.

im a bit torn on that actually. while im all for educating someone on the intricacies of religion, im not sure school is the proper avenue to explore that (because 1 - i have no kids and 2 - religion in schools, when i grew up, no one really cared if you taught it or were catholic/christian/whatever).

btw, love your generalizations of me, without having never met me. truly, you are an upstanding individual who should be emulated by those who share your views!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 12:49 AM
 
Location: san antonio texas
1,805 posts, read 2,196,692 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
The people I know in this movement are harmless, albeit delusional. What's worrisome is when delusional superstitious people getting into power. They then become less harmless.
this i can agree with. let a person do what he wants, but ffs, if that person is someone affiliated with retards like NAR who see others of their religion as a hindrance to their progress, ffs dont let them get into power...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 12:51 AM
 
Location: san antonio texas
1,805 posts, read 2,196,692 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
It would not surprise me a bit to learn that Palin has a list of all those whose life she will make a living hell if she ever gets real power.
kind of like how obama did that to texas when he denied perrys request for relief monies to put out the wildfires eh?

granted, perry is a tool and had that coming to him, but it happens on both sides, not just the right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 09:53 AM
 
16,105 posts, read 17,923,003 times
Reputation: 15897
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
kind of like how obama did that to texas when he denied perrys request for relief monies to put out the wildfires eh?

granted, perry is a tool and had that coming to him, but it happens on both sides, not just the right.
But Obama did sign the wildlife relief declaration. It was a bit late coming from Perry's perspective, but it did get done.

President Obama declares a wildfire emergency in Texas — finally | Texas on the Potomac | a Chron.com blog

Quote:
President Obama Signs Texas Disaster Declaration

The President today declared a major disaster exists in the State of Texas and ordered Federal aid to supplement State and local recovery efforts in the area struck by wildfires during the period of April 6 to May 3, 2011.

Federal funding is available to State and eligible local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations on a cost-sharing basis for emergency protective measures in the counties of Andrews, Archer, Armstrong, Bailey, Baylor, Brewster, Callahan, Carson, Castro, Clay, Coleman, Concho, Cottle, Crockett, Dawson, Duval, Eastland, Garza, Glasscock, Hall, Hemphill, Hockley, Irion, Kent, King, Lynn, Martin, Mason, Mitchell, Moore, Motley, Pecos, Presidio, Scurry, Stephens, Sterling, Sutton, Terrell, Terry, Throckmorton, Tom Green, Trinity, Tyler, Val Verde, and Young.
Oh, and remember that Perry wanted to secede from the US. He shouldn't even be asking for money from the Feds as he thinks he has a separate country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 10:09 AM
 
Location: san antonio texas
1,805 posts, read 2,196,692 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
But Obama did sign the wildlife relief declaration. It was a bit late coming from Perry's perspective, but it did get done.

President Obama declares a wildfire emergency in Texas — finally | Texas on the Potomac | a Chron.com blog
After months of wildfires that have scorched more than 1.2 million acres of the Lone Star State, President Obama today declared the state a “major disaster” area.

yeah he got right on that after texas burned for months. thanks obama for letting texas burn for months because of your personal feelings towards someone else!

Quote:
Oh, and remember that Perry wanted to secede from the US. He shouldn't even be asking for money from the Feds as he thinks he has a separate country.
most stupid statement of the year. not even worth forming a response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 10:35 AM
 
16,105 posts, read 17,923,003 times
Reputation: 15897
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
most stupid statement of the year. not even worth forming a response.
Why, Perry did say he wanted to secede:

Gov. Rick Perry: Texas Could Secede, Leave Union

And he lies about Texas having a decent state budget.

RICK PERRY’S POLICIES FOR TEXAS – A DECADE OF DECLINE | Take Back Texas Alliance (http://www.takebacktexas.org/2011/07/rick-perrys-policies-for-texas-a-decade-of-decline/ - broken link)

Wow: Texas Deficit Estimate Comes In Worse Than The Worst Expectations

Quote:
The Texas budget is expected to run a $27 billion two-year budget shortfall according to just-released state estimates.

Of course, he just gave tax breaks to the people who buy yatchs, but he has cut schools, libraries and hospitals to the bone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 10:38 AM
 
Location: san antonio texas
1,805 posts, read 2,196,692 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Why, Perry did say he wanted to secede
TL: DNR

dont care either, as that has nothing to do with what we were discussing.

/fwiw i think perry and the mayor of san antonio are idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Pflugerville
2,211 posts, read 4,130,121 times
Reputation: 2228
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
TL: DNR

dont care either, as that has nothing to do with what we were discussing.

/fwiw i think perry and the mayor of san antonio are idiots.

LOL, so you are dismissive and rude to her when she mentioned Perry wanting to secede, and then when she provides evidence you say "Whatever, I am not reading your evidence, I have decided we are no longer discussing that topic."

Just incredibly rude...

When a governor states that he wants to secede from a country and then later says "I love my country so much, please let me be president" then that is something that is topical to the conversation.

Do you say rude things because you are trying to shut down the conversation? Can't you get your point across in a calm, respectful manner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Pflugerville
2,211 posts, read 4,130,121 times
Reputation: 2228
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPBeav View Post
Wildfires in the west are routine. Oregon has hundreds of thousands of acres burn every year. I cannot recall Oregon being declared a disaster area by the federal government on this basis.



You're not going to last long here. Not at all. You're a vile prick.
Actually, it's ironic that Dex is accusing people of making ridiculous statements when he tells such whoppers himself.

When he says that Obama let Texas burn b/c of his "personal feelings for someone else" he only shows his lack of understanding. If you take the statement at face value, you see how stupid it is to say "yeah, obama left a lot of people in danger of wildfires because it would really get under rick perry's skin". That's sort of a round about way to flip off the governor of Texas, isn't it? Couldn't he have just ordered 100 pizzas to the governors mansion and stiffed Perry on the bill?

Does Dex really believe that the President of the United States has the power to stop wildfires, but decided not to stop them as political retribution to Rick Perry? Does Dex think that "declaring a state of emergency" is like waving a magic wand that magically will put out said wildfires? Does Dex really believe that if the president had some retribution to send Rick Perry's way, that said retribution would be to let wildfires run uncheck, possibly killing innocent people? And that if he did choose to do that, then the news media wouldn't be ALL OVER that story?

Why does Dex even think that Rick Perry is even a blip on Obama's radar screen? Rick Perry is governor of a state that Obama will never win, and he has no political interest in. Rick Perry is to Barack Obama what my nephew's tee ball team is to the New York Yankees. And that is not supporting one political party or the other. That is a simple statement that Rick Perry and Barack Obama exist in different spheres. Rick Perry may mention Obama to get some votes, but it's doubtful that Obama is even aware of what Rick Perry is up too.

Yeah Dex, I don't think you will last long here either. The place for your brand of political hack-tivism is over in "politics and other controversies".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top