U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:15 AM

16,105 posts, read 17,915,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I know he won't get your vote rifle...not that that's gonna matter much...since his "platform" links him to 80% of the population.

No, his platform does not link him to 80% of the population. Most Christians are not Evangelicals. Many do not support his platform points.

I'm the OP. The post is satire, but most Christians can see that Perry has an attitude that is arrogant and that he thinks *he* is the only one who can be right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 09:32 AM

6,793 posts, read 4,075,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
No, his platform does not link him to 80% of the population. Most Christians are not Evangelicals. Many do not support his platform points.

I'm the OP. The post is satire, but most Christians can see that Perry has an attitude that is arrogant and that he thinks *he* is the only one who can be right.
Perrys' platform "linking" him to 80% of the population (God believers)...is different than his platform only connecting him to those that are exactly of his genre of Christianity.
I believe he "links" (connects) way beyond just the Evangelicals.

Most Christians of all genres take exception to that "Sky Daddy" type mocking of their Deity...especially when it is "beat into the ground" like that...I'm sure of it.
That will only serve to help Perry, as he will be viewed as the guy that will help them "square that away"...and IMO sway that HUGE block of voters toward him.

He's already going to be formidable enough. The last thing we need is even more people being pushed toward him out of spite, because they feel they need to "rally around an advocate for their disrespected Deity".

Oh, and he is very, very arrogant, and comes across that he thinks *he* is the only one who can be right---At least half as much as Obama!

Just my take. I've said my piece...I won't "harp on it".

Old 08-19-2011, 12:56 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,784,630 times
You don't seem to have a very high opinion of American voters Gldn. If Perry were elected the average IQ of the voters would have to be at the bottom of the scale.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:34 PM

6,793 posts, read 4,075,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You don't seem to have a very high opinion of American voters Gldn. If Perry were elected the average IQ of the voters would have to be at the bottom of the scale.
You are correct, I don't.
They don't vote for "the best person for the job overall"...they vote for whoever will "enhance" their personal agenda, whatever that agenda may be.

Check this out sans...what would you say is "the average IQ" of "citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare?:
Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning last November's Presidential election:
Number of States won by: Obama: 19 McCain: 29
Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 McCain: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million McCain: 143 million
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2 McCain: 2.1
Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory McCain won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Old 08-19-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
They don't vote for "the best person for the job overall"...they vote for whoever will "enhance" their personal agenda, whatever that agenda may be.

Check this out sans...what would you say is "the average IQ" of "citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare?:
Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning last November's Presidential election:
Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory McCain won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."
I'm curious to see the link to the site you pasted that from....Oh, never mind, I checked it out at snopes.... snopes.com: The Fall of the Athenian Republic Mostly false...It would behoove you to do a bit of fact checking before posting such rubbish.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:28 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,478,599 times
When a person talks to their God, it's called prayer.

When their God talks to them, it's called delusional behavior.

I think we've elected enough delusional politicians, we need normal, down to earth, tell it like it is people in office. I wish one would run for office.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:39 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,412,404 times
Quote:

Just to address one of your lies, Senator Obama won 28 states, in addition to the District of Columbia and Nebraska's 2nd Congressional District (and the electoral vote that goes along with it). Senator McCain won 22 states (including Nebraska and four of its five electoral votes).

Count for yourself:

United States presidential election, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you for posting such dishonest nonsense. It says a lot about you.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:55 PM

4,093 posts, read 6,424,031 times
We should have all learned a thing or two when GW Bush was in office. He claimed to be a born-again christian who had conversations with God. He also attacked an innocent country and killed one million Iraqis and 5000 Americans injuring thousands more. It makes me wonder what it was that God told him.
Both Perry and Bush are Texan christians. Now there's something to worry about!

Old 08-19-2011, 08:13 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,989,888 times
I guess no one reamebers JFK appearing at the southern bapist convention in person to assure them that electing him would not be like electing the Pope.Or that the first person Clinton says he consulted was a a minster after the sex scandal broke.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I guess no one reamebers JFK appearing at the southern bapist convention in person to assure them that electing him would not be like electing the Pope.Or that the first person Clinton says he consulted was a a minster after the sex scandal broke.
What does that have to do with this topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism