Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 01:32 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,833,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Kiggy, I noticed in another thread that you said the AA forum is dull and uninteresting. Yet you seem to have a strange attraction to atheists and atheism. Why is that?
I'm bored. And they closed the thread, so I'm desperate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 01:38 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,110,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
Lol,
Ok, I can kind of understand that. You do seem a bit desperate.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:40 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,523,623 times
Quote:
I wish I could go. How I wish I could go. But how wouldn't anyone guarantee that I would be burned at the stake for my beliefs? What to do...
It's great to be able to have a chuckle about been burnt at the stake now, but that was the horrifying reality for some that didn't fit the particular religious mould of the times. Mind you, some sick people still think that fire is the ultimate penalty for disbelief.

A free thought convention sounds so much nicer.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:45 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,833,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
It's great to be able to have a chuckle about been burnt at the stake now, but that was the horrifying reality for some that didn't fit the particular religious mould of the times. Mind you, some sick people still think that fire is the ultimate penalty for disbelief.

A free thought convention sounds so much nicer.
I believe this is considered a "joke". You can either google it, or search for it in forum other than the A/A Support Group.

I guess really, I was hoping that the AASG had upped it's game, but I guess it's still, well...dull. But I really do wish I could to the atheist convention. Leave your sense of humor at the door, though...

Old 09-21-2011, 01:55 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,523,623 times
Quote:
I believe this is considered a "joke". You can either google it, or search for it in forum other than the A/A Support Group.

I guess really, I was hoping that the AASG had upped it's game, but I guess it's still, well...dull. But I really do wish I could to the atheist convention. Leave your sense of humor at the door, though...
I do see it as a joke, an ironic one. At the same time though, remember real people were burnt alive by those who got offended when their fairy tale got questioned too much. It's ok as joke material now, but jokes about the holocaust, or third world children getting killed by first world bombs might fall flat.

Maybe you really should go to that convention.

Last edited by Joe90; 09-21-2011 at 02:11 PM..

Old 09-22-2011, 04:42 AM

50,081 posts, read 20,523,846 times
Quote:
I think, if you tried rational and open - minded debate, you would find us so nice and the converse so rewarding that you would love every minute. And so would we.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:17 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,486,968 times
Default not sure how much longer we're going to have hitch

Christopher Hitchens "Fighting Faith" - YouTube

Richard Dawkins Christopher Hitchens TEXAS FREE THOUGHT 2011 - YouTube

I knew Hitchens was sick and I've seen a couple of debates were he was fragile looking....but wow. I only hope he only looks like he did because he just came off another round of chemo. I wish him the best.

Last edited by baystater; 11-05-2011 at 10:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism