Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 10:07 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I don't know the answers to any of the above, but I vote we behead as many people as possible to come up with an answer to #16.

Only if I can use a Hattori Hanzo sword from Kill Bill. Or Stormbringer from the Elric books.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:53 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default Abject silliness!

Wow! Squall-lionheart's hugely technically illiterate trolling question is pre-loaded with so many stupid assumptions, so many pre-conditions and so many fallacies that it's blatantly useless. It's like the age-old pre-ordained question from the policeman:

"Do you beat your wife?" (The correct question...)

Versus the highly presumptuous: "So... are you still beating your wife?" Get it, OP?

The obvious faults in the OP's set of silly questions truly show the vast scientific illiteracy of Islam, as well as the obvious intention of [hopefully] tripping up scientists. Too bad the questions are so childish and illogical, huh?

As to some of those questions, I could, indeed, provide you with a link to published scientific articles that do answer some of those questions, but I've already done that with you, and you didn't read them then, so why would you now? You're nothing but a proselytizing, intransigent and scientifically illiterate troll. Suggestion? Get a life, and learn something besides the brainless Q'Ran! You'd be surprised at what's out there!

Well, that's OK: try try again! But with some intelligence for a change!

Old 09-13-2011, 12:00 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Good work, lads.

It seems that HS co -existed with the last other breed (Neandertals) until they disappeared in the last Ice age.
Not to be a nitpicker, but this is interesting. Apparently there were other hominids too, who outlasted the Neandertals. Their nickname is "hobbits," unless they are actually modern humans with growth disorders...

Scientists find remains of extinct tiny human

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/...o-floresiensis

The second site, the one directly above, the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History website, says that Homo neanderthalensis existed up till about 28,000 years ago, while Homo floresiensis existed till about 17,000 years ago.

Last edited by Clintone; 09-13-2011 at 12:41 AM..

Old 09-13-2011, 03:50 AM

570 posts, read 733,564 times
I dont know why some of you got the idea that I dont have the answers ?
It is Clear that I was talking about a particular incident that happened in front of me or at least I know exactly how it goes .
There for I was able to hear/know all the answers from the committee .
It is enough to tell you that this student is now studying there , He got a free scholarship on the expense of the college to Study there because of those questions and his intelligent comment on the answers from the committee .
I just want to know what is your answers could be , That is all .
P.S -This student is working now on a scientific study that focus on the misconceptions that found in the theory of evolution with the help of some of his professors in the college & let me tell you that they are very impressed .

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 09-13-2011 at 04:12 AM..

Old 09-13-2011, 04:17 AM

570 posts, read 733,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Wow! Squall-lionheart's hugely technically illiterate trolling question is pre-loaded with so many stupid assumptions, so many pre-conditions and so many fallacies that it's blatantly useless. It's like the age-old pre-ordained question from the policeman:

"Do you beat your wife?" (The correct question...)

Versus the highly presumptuous: "So... are you still beating your wife?" Get it, OP?

The obvious faults in the OP's set of silly questions truly show the vast scientific illiteracy of Islam, as well as the obvious intention of [hopefully] tripping up scientists. Too bad the questions are so childish and illogical, huh?

As to some of those questions, I could, indeed, provide you with a link to published scientific articles that do answer some of those questions, but I've already done that with you, and you didn't read them then, so why would you now? You're nothing but a proselytizing, intransigent and scientifically illiterate troll. Suggestion? Get a life, and learn something besides the brainless Q'Ran! You'd be surprised at what's out there!

Well, that's OK: try try again! But with some intelligence for a change!
I will reply on your answers !!
Oh ... wait a minute .... there aren't any

Old 09-13-2011, 04:18 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
It is Clear that I was talking about a particular incident that happened in front of me or at least I know exactly how it goes .
It is enough to tell you that this student is now studying there , He got a free scholarship on the expense of the college to Study there because of those questions and his intelligent comment on the answers from the committee .
P.S -This student is working now on a scientific study that focus on the misconceptions that found in the theory of evolution with the help of some of his professors in the college & let me tell you that they are very impressed .
Perhaps you should consider attending a school that is less inclined to encourage brainwashing.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:14 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,655 times
Quote:
Could you please provide a transcript or at least an article of this exchange at "some college in London?" I would like to see the answers given/rebuttals given to/from this 16 year old boy.
And can you give me some source information on this 16 year old boy’s project that will show "misconceptions" in evolutionary theory?

Thank you.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:16 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Not to be a nitpicker, but this is interesting. Apparently there were other hominids too, who outlasted the Neandertals. Their nickname is "hobbits," unless they are actually modern humans with growth disorders...

Scientists find remains of extinct tiny human

Homo floresiensis

The second site, the one directly above, the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History website, says that Homo neanderthalensis existed up till about 28,000 years ago, while Homo floresiensis existed till about 17,000 years ago.
Pick all the nits you like. It's all extra information. Finding a few other strains who survived along with the neanderthals makes the theory look better supported. What would be really nice is to discover a different hominid species which actually did survive along with H. Sap.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:22 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Like Baystater, I should be fascinated to know what these 'misconceptions' in evolution theory are and at which institute are these professors who were so impressed with the arguments. If these are the ones you posted, the only 'professors' who would be impressed are card - carrying Creationist Theists holding posts in a Creationist - funded institute for printing certificates in 'Creation - science' in a futile attempt to make it look credible.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:01 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
I will reply on your answers !!
Oh ... wait a minute .... there aren't any
It took me about 10 whole minutes to give you some honest answers. Did you look at them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism