U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-13-2011, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,380,837 times
Reputation: 3735

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
I will reply on your answers !!
Oh ... wait a minute .... there aren't any
You're correct! I didn't ask any, since your answers would clearly be biased. The facts that back up the Facts Of Evolution are clearly in evidence now in the scientific literature.

Well then OK; I will ask you just a few quickies: we'll see if you can answer a straightforward question. (This will be educational for us all...)
1) Do you believe that DNA exists?

2) Does it's structure mutate in nature at a measurable and observed rate?

3) Does it carry those mutations, if they are not lethal, into subsequent generations?

4) Does DNA determine an organism's phenotype? (You'll probably have to look that one up since I'm pretty sure you have no idea what it means, versus "genotype")

5) When enough of these mutations do accumulate, what do you have? The same species as you originally had?
So.. try to briefly answer these 5 simple questions if you can, and by that, you'll demonstrate your detailed knowledge of the basic factual biology of Evolution.

I'll just sit here and wait. Take your time. No problem. Stun us with your acumen!
_________________________

Oh but PS: PUH-LEEEEZE.. don't quote your Q'Ran for answers, since it's neither credible nor informative about DNA. Mohammed had NO idea on that one. I want to see YOUR knowledge and ability to communicate scientifically valid facts.

 
Old 09-13-2011, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Ostend,Belgium....
8,820 posts, read 6,369,817 times
Reputation: 4886
OP, I'd like to see your answers to the questions now please...
 
Old 09-13-2011, 05:14 PM
 
Location: OKC
5,426 posts, read 5,733,662 times
Reputation: 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
You're correct! I didn't ask any, since your answers would clearly be biased. The facts that back up the Facts Of Evolution are clearly in evidence now in the scientific literature.

Well then OK; I will ask you just a few quickies: we'll see if you can answer a straightforward question. (This will be educational for us all...)
1) Do you believe that DNA exists?

2) Does it's structure mutate in nature at a measurable and observed rate?

3) Does it carry those mutations, if they are not lethal, into subsequent generations?

4) Does DNA determine an organism's phenotype? (You'll probably have to look that one up since I'm pretty sure you have no idea what it means, versus "genotype")

5) When enough of these mutations do accumulate, what do you have? The same species as you originally had?
So.. try to briefly answer these 5 simple questions if you can, and by that, you'll demonstrate your detailed knowledge of the basic factual biology of Evolution.

I'll just sit here and wait. Take your time. No problem. Stun us with your acumen!
_________________________

Oh but PS: PUH-LEEEEZE.. don't quote your Q'Ran for answers, since it's neither credible nor informative about DNA. Mohammed had NO idea on that one. I want to see YOUR knowledge and ability to communicate scientifically valid facts.
This is why I always say that those who deny evolution are doing a lot more than arguing with archaeologist about fossils.

They are arguing against the entire field of genetics.... (but that only last until they need to rely upon gene therapy research to cure them.) Reps to you if I didn't have to spread it around first.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,798,309 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
If you allow me ... here are 16 simple & direct questions that were asked by a 16 years old High School student from Saudi Arabia to a committee that included atheists scientists & philosophers at some college in London .
ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ ـــــــــــــــــ
1-How did the first living cell exist? And how it throbbed with life?
2-What is the purpose of existence (life)?
3-What Cause the movement of the Big Bang after it was static and stable?
4-We all know that the universe has a beginning that mean it will have an end , so what was before the beginning of the universe & what will be after the end of it ?
5-If the moon has atmosphere then life would exist on it because the Moon is located in the moderation of life just like Earth as for its distance from the sun , so Why it has no atmosphere ?
was it a Coincidence?
6-The moon's orbit was once very much closer than it is today when life was yet to really get going .
Natural disasters will occur if the moon was closer to the earth now ?
If you agree then who locate it on that exact distance where it appropriate for life on Earth?
Coincidence? Nature?
7-Does nature or Coincidence capable of thinking ?

8-Who protects humans through the ages from huge deadly meteorites that could possibly end life on earth?
9-Was it nature that put the ozone layer & the atmosphere?? And why specifically on earth?
10-Justice vs. injustice, to those whom did not find justice in this world when they will find it?

11-Why all apes did not evolve & why only humans have Consciousness and thinking innovation minds of all creatures?
12-Is there any scientific evidence that proves the impact of genetic mutations in the process of evolution ?
13-Is it possible to inheritance through genes a new capability /recipe that acquired ?
For example :
If a white person could turn his skin color from white to burnet is that mean his genes could gain the same color ?
If not then I could easly say that an important part of the theory of evolution collapse .
14-You say that material and energy are eternal, why don't you apply the same concept on the Creator (God)?
15-When was the end of the Ice age and was it at the same Time/Ara of Noah's flood that once swept the world ?
16-You believe that there is no such thing as soul and that the brain is the only basis of awareness !!
If you cut a Human head & keep the brean in a good shape & then You pump blood into it and you provide it with all the natural organic elements that were supplied by the body before , will that head speaks ?
If not than why ?
ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ ـــــــــــــــــ
P.S : Please keep it short & simple for a 16 years old boy to understand .
I am in no way knowledgeable enough to address all these questions but there are a few I would like to take a shot at.


Quote:
2-What is the purpose of existence (life)?
Why does there have to be a "purpose" for life? Some things just are as they are, there doesn't always have to be an explanation as to why. My thoughts are, your purpose in life is what you make it to be.

Quote:
5-If the moon has atmosphere then life would exist on it because the Moon is located in the moderation of life just like Earth as for its distance from the sun , so Why it has no atmosphere ?
I cant answer this but I'm sure a grade school science book would have little dificulty in doing so.

Quote:
7-Does nature or Coincidence capable of thinking ?
No. I fear you are making the mistake of assuming that "thought" is nessecary

Quote:
8-Who protects humans through the ages from huge deadly meteorites that could possibly end life on earth?
A simple study of planetary functions should answer this one for you.

Quote:
10-Justice vs. injustice, to those whom did not find justice in this world when they will find it?
Likely never. the concept of justice is an invemtion of man, not a natural one. Why do you assume justice is something that must be dealt?
 
Old 09-13-2011, 09:33 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,945 posts, read 4,748,074 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
I dont know why some of you got the idea that I dont have the answers ?
It is Clear that I was talking about a particular incident that happened in front of me or at least I know exactly how it goes .
There for I was able to hear/know all the answers from the committee .
It is enough to tell you that this student is now studying there , He got a free scholarship on the expense of the college to Study there because of those questions and his intelligent comment on the answers from the committee .
I just want to know what is your answers could be , That is all .
P.S -This student is working now on a scientific study that focus on the misconceptions that found in the theory of evolution with the help of some of his professors in the college & let me tell you that they are very impressed .

edit on .14. and with an absolute zero temperature comes an absolute zero volume, so in theory, all matter will completely turn merely into “space-less” energy. And there will no longer be mass.

Though I agree with most of the other responces by everyone, one seemingly mistaken stands out:
Chango's. Science DOES accept THERMODYNAMICS, "energy within a closed system (universe) can neither be created nor destroyed". Biology teaches the first rule of Cell Theory “all cells come from previous cells”, because elementary biology is just that ELEMENTARY biology for children. The Big Bang is NOT the theory of “something from nothing” it is the description of how the universe likely arose from a timeless singularity.

I’m pretty sure I’m not wrong on those points. and yes, I forgot about the neck muscles and lungs that would be necessary.

Lionheart, what was this child's answer to the responces of the people from the committee, I'm curious as its usually very arbritary that one attains a full scholarship from a University. I do not like this system, where the full scholarships are awarded to students that attend personal interviews, meet representatives in foreign places, or are otherwise arbitrarily handed a free-lunch. seemingly all lucky enough to have been at the right place at the right time, academics be damned to only a partial scholarship unless they have leadership and active community experience. This seems to be the common theme I have found. But I must admit I haven't heard too much other than my personal friends.

Also, I think Lionheart means to say that the child now accepts evolution and is working to better it and fill in more and more peices of evidence.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 09-13-2011 at 09:43 PM..
 
Old 09-14-2011, 02:01 AM
 
39,217 posts, read 10,895,806 times
Reputation: 5097
I think I owe Lionheart a vote of thanks for putting a representative selection of 'Tricky Questions to ask evolutionists' With the 'Soul' (Aka God) waiting in the wings to leap out 'taa-daa' when materialist consciousness - theory won't answer.

Logically that is invalid. It's the old 'If you can't explain everything, God must be the answer'. Logic and science says that, if you can't explain something, wait until you can. This is often depicted as 'Faith' that science will come up with the answers eventually. That is also a fallacy. Equating experience with faith. We believe that our car will start because it always has, not because a story - book says so.

So thanks Lionheart..wherever you've got to...l'm going to make a note of your Q's and the answers and see what lacks an answer and try to deal.
 
Old 09-14-2011, 05:50 AM
 
570 posts, read 637,189 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It took me about 10 whole minutes to give you some honest answers. Did you look at them?
I will ... thank you .

Quote:
Rifleman
You're correct! I didn't ask any, since your answers would clearly be biased. The facts that back up the Facts Of Evolution are clearly in evidence now in the scientific literature.

Well then OK; I will ask you just a few quickies: we'll see if you can answer a straightforward question. (This will be educational for us all...)
1) Do you believe that DNA exists?

2) Does it's structure mutate in nature at a measurable and observed rate?

3) Does it carry those mutations, if they are not lethal, into subsequent generations?

4) Does DNA determine an organism's phenotype? (You'll probably have to look that one up since I'm pretty sure you have no idea what it means, versus "genotype")

5) When enough of these mutations do accumulate, what do you have? The same species as you originally had?
So.. try to briefly answer these 5 simple questions if you can, and by that, you'll demonstrate your detailed knowledge of the basic factual biology of Evolution.

I'll just sit here and wait. Take your time. No problem. Stun us with your acumen!
Rifleman ... don't you think it's kind of rude that you expect me to answer your questions while you didn't answer mine !!??
If you think they are silly then at least have respected to the members who put some effort to answer those questions .
_________________________

Quote:
Oh but PS: PUH-LEEEEZE.. don't quote your Q'Ran for answers, since it's neither credible nor informative about DNA. Mohammed had NO idea on that one. I want to see YOUR knowledge and ability to communicate scientifically valid facts.
There are many verses in the Quran that were not understood until now when science discovered it ( not from the Quran ) .
Now ... If I show you with no doubt that the holy quran stated DNA would you admit that it's from god ?

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 09-14-2011 at 06:13 AM..
 
Old 09-14-2011, 06:00 AM
 
570 posts, read 637,189 times
Reputation: 75
I don't have that much time but I promise I will try to reply on your posts as I can especially to those who deserve a response starting with LuminousTruth .

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 09-14-2011 at 06:16 AM..
 
Old 09-14-2011, 06:09 AM
 
39,217 posts, read 10,895,806 times
Reputation: 5097
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
There are many verses in the Quran that were not understood until now when science discovered it .
Now ... If I show you with no doubt that the holy quran stated DNA would you admit that it's from god?


Probably not since there are other explanations no less improbable. However, if DNA was without doubt predicted in the Quran I'm sure we'd have seen it by now. So I imagine that it is far from without doubt. Nevertheless, let's see it (1) since I have seen something in one of your questions which tends to prove a materialist rather than supernatural explanation. I'll be running that by you.

(1) this one perhaps? "He sent down for you eight head of cattle in pairs":Surah Zumar (Chapter 39), Verse 6:

Given that this seems out of context in terms of creative birth, it is possible to do some creative translation - shopping to make it symbolic of the double helix.

That is at least more persuasive than this "From a drop of sperm He created him and proportioned him. Then He eases the way for him." (Qur'an, 80:18-20)

Which is quite unconvincing even with the most ingenious word- scrabbling to try to match it to genetics.

This is not much better.

"I will command them and they will cut off cattle’s ears. I will command them and they will change Allah’s creation.”(Surat an-Nisa’, 119) This is interpreted as a prophecy of tissue sampling.

Not much more convincing that the attempt to Hi -jack scientific discoveries by vaguely matching them to bits of Psalm or Job and claiming that the Bible knew about it all the time.




Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-14-2011 at 06:27 AM..
 
Old 09-14-2011, 06:24 AM
 
5,462 posts, read 5,942,522 times
Reputation: 1804
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
I don't have that much time but I promise I will try to reply on your posts as I can especially to those who deserve a response starting with LuminousTruth .
This is how your last thread ended as well - all of your points were met with reasonable answers and you disappeared pretending to be busy. Why bother asking for answers if you're just going to ignore them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top