U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 08:29 AM

570 posts, read 636,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman
Yep; there it is! The Dependable Evasion Reaction again.

Why do I say this? Well, your OP asks us readers to answer questions posted by some supposedly technically enlightened 16 yr old, in which he specifically asks Scientific Questions by which he tries to raise doubts about the established scientific answers.
Yes, he asked both scientific and spiritual questions, but that does not mean that the Quran is a scientific book !!
As I posted befor the Quran contains some scientific miracles but this is not what it is all about .
It is a way of life & that is exactly what made this boy learn from modern science books & then has the confidence to ask such questions .
Islam gives you the wright basics to start from a solid ground and then encourages you to search and study to come up with your own suggestion & conclusion about eerything .
That is what Quran about .
Quote:
Well, you can't have it both ways, squall. You do, in fact, try to claim your Quran is a scientific book, through which you have tried in the past to claim that Allah/Mohammed "knew all" about things that, only now, modern scientific investigation has unveiled.

But yet, when I and others here deal with the silly ideas as presented by that kid, you evade by saying the Q'Ran is NOT a scientific book.( Well, by golly, why didn't you say so in the thread's first post, that those ideas from that 16 yr old are all just spiritual in their base, that they don't reflect any attempts to question known facts?)
Dear God !!!!
Quote:
(For instance, I did answer Q # 8, about meteorite impacts, and could have done the same with Q # 6, about some apparently hyper-critical separation distances from various orbiting bodies.
How does the car engine work is a whole different thing than who manufacturing it to work that way !!!
Since the engine can not think for it self nature cant too ...
expand your mind my friend expaaaaaaaaaaand ...
Quote:
That nut-ball supposition is just plain wrong and frankly, pig-headedly stubborn. And easily shown to be so, yet so many thesits hopefully glom onto* the truly stupid idea (but as regularly positied by various ignorant theists) that it's all got to be positioned "just so".
Fact: The distance from the earth to the sun varies significantly, not only by annual season, but also by 10-year increments, for example, and with gross overall changes over the centuries and millenia. And yet, here we all still are.... surviving and adapting as necessary via Evolutionary processes, as now well-proven. Whaddah yah know, huh?
See the engine example above !!!

Old 09-18-2011, 09:55 AM

7,813 posts, read 10,706,019 times
Thead closed.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism