U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-12-2011, 07:49 AM
 
570 posts, read 636,494 times
Reputation: 75

Advertisements

If you allow me ... here are 16 simple & direct questions that were asked by a 16 years old High School student from Saudi Arabia to a committee that included atheists scientists & philosophers at some college in London .
ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ ـــــــــــــــــ
1-How did the first living cell exist? And how it throbbed with life?
2-What is the purpose of existence (life)?
3-What Cause the movement of the Big Bang after it was static and stable?
4-We all know that the universe has a beginning that mean it will have an end , so what was before the beginning of the universe & what will be after the end of it ?
5-If the moon has atmosphere then life would exist on it because the Moon is located in the moderation of life just like Earth as for its distance from the sun , so Why it has no atmosphere ?
was it a Coincidence?
6-The moon's orbit was once very much closer than it is today when life was yet to really get going .
Natural disasters will occur if the moon was closer to the earth now ?
If you agree then who locate it on that exact distance where it appropriate for life on Earth?
Coincidence? Nature?
7-Does nature or Coincidence capable of thinking ?

8-Who protects humans through the ages from huge deadly meteorites that could possibly end life on earth?
9-Was it nature that put the ozone layer & the atmosphere?? And why specifically on earth?
10-Justice vs. injustice, to those whom did not find justice in this world when they will find it?

11-Why all apes did not evolve & why only humans have Consciousness and thinking innovation minds of all creatures?
12-Is there any scientific evidence that proves the impact of genetic mutations in the process of evolution ?
13-Is it possible to inheritance through genes a new capability /recipe that acquired ?
For example :
If a white person could turn his skin color from white to burnet is that mean his genes could gain the same color ?
If not then I could easly say that an important part of the theory of evolution collapse .
14-You say that material and energy are eternal, why don't you apply the same concept on the Creator (God)?
15-When was the end of the Ice age and was it at the same Time/Ara of Noah's flood that once swept the world ?
16-You believe that there is no such thing as soul and that the brain is the only basis of awareness !!
If you cut a Human head & keep the brean in a good shape & then You pump blood into it and you provide it with all the natural organic elements that were supplied by the body before , will that head speaks ?
If not than why ?
ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ ـــــــــــــــــ
P.S : Please keep it short & simple for a 16 years old boy to understand .

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 09-12-2011 at 08:04 AM..

 
Old 09-12-2011, 07:50 AM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,456,952 times
Reputation: 3945
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
If you allow me ... here are 16 simple & direct questions that were asked by a 16 years old High School students from Saudi Arabia to an atheist Professor at a scientific college in London .
ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ ـــــــــــــــــ
ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ ـــــــــــــــــ
P.S : Please keep it short & simple for a 16 years old boy to understand .


Google your answers.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 08:01 AM
 
570 posts, read 636,494 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Google your answers.
Don't you wanna help a poor 16 years old student to understand !!
Ok thank you .

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 09-12-2011 at 08:14 AM..
 
Old 09-12-2011, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Ohio
3,441 posts, read 5,185,432 times
Reputation: 2667
There are NO short and simple answers to any of those questions.

You should do your own research.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 08:06 AM
 
2,319 posts, read 4,093,537 times
Reputation: 2076
I doubt you're going to find anyone on here willing to do your homework for you. Please just make your point so we can get on with it.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 08:09 AM
 
7,802 posts, read 5,278,810 times
Reputation: 2973
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
I doubt you're going to find anyone on here willing to do your homework for you.
I would for anyone who I thought would understand the answers! However the OP of this thread is so bad at science.... or so dishonest on science.... that he goes around claiming things on this forum such as.... if the earth was mere inches closer to the sun we would all burn up... or freeze if it was inches further from the sun.

He actually goes around claiming these things on this forum. Someone who is either (or both) that ignorant / dishonest on the subject of science is not going to understand any of the answers you provide to more complex questions like those above.

I am not sure which is worse however... that the OP is so ignorant of science that he thinks claims like moving the earth a few inches is true..... or the OP actually DOES know better but is so keen to spread Islam that he thinks it ok to entirely make up lies and spread them instead of real science.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 08:20 AM
 
570 posts, read 636,494 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
I would for anyone who I thought would understand the answers! However the OP of this thread is so bad at science.... or so dishonest on science.... that he goes around claiming things on this forum such as.... if the earth was mere inches closer to the sun we would all burn up... or freeze if it was inches further from the sun.

He actually goes around claiming these things on this forum. Someone who is either (or both) that ignorant / dishonest on the subject of science is not going to understand any of the answers you provide to more complex questions like those above.

I am not sure which is worse however... that the OP is so ignorant of science that he thinks claims like moving the earth a few inches is true..... or the OP actually DOES know better but is so keen to spread Islam that he thinks it ok to entirely make up lies and spread them instead of real science.
I am 17 years old and I still have a lot to learn .... so take it easy on me .
Believe me that Committee had a different opinion than yours .
But I like to heare from you first .
 
Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 AM
 
2,319 posts, read 4,093,537 times
Reputation: 2076
I assumed it was a ruse to say, "AH HA! You're idiots!", which is why I'd rather just get on with it. Thanks for the clarification, Noz.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 09:23 AM
 
7,802 posts, read 5,278,810 times
Reputation: 2973
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
I am 17 years old and I still have a lot to learn .... so take it easy on me
No. If you showed interest in learning I would "go easy".

But you do not. You come on here spouting outright falsehoods as if you know they are true. You do not say things like "If the earth moved an inch closer to the sun what would happen". No you say things like "There is a god because look how fine tuned the earth is.... if you even moved it one inch towards the sun we would all burn up".

You do not ask questions like someone who wants to learn. No, instead you make up lies about science and act like they are truths. If a lie makes it sound more likely that there is a god, you are happy to tell it. You make up whatever science you can that fits with your desire to make people think there is a god.

And I will NEVER "go easy" on someone who acts in this manner. Ever.

The thing is I do not understand WHY you act this way because when people see your obvious lies they are LESS likely to think there is a god. You are actually pushing people away from god by being so blatantly dishonest, so I am not sure why you do it.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 10:15 AM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,945 posts, read 4,739,597 times
Reputation: 1328
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
I am 17 years old and I still have a lot to learn .... so take it easy on me .
Believe me that Committee had a different opinion than yours .
But I like to heare from you first .
Many people who are plentifully aged have grown tired of such things... As a 19 yr old I can answer your questions very simply: Agnosticism is true.

Now, I will also answer your questions 1 by 1, and will (as you asked) attempt to make them short.

1. 1-How did the first living cell exist? And how it throbbed with life?

Firstly, cells do not “throb” with life. Using such language is a rhetorical skill used to infiltrate people’s emotions. Now, we cannot know the past, but it is easy enough to assume. The first living cells were probably not very complex; they likely only contained the minimal number of structures and capabilities necessary to call them cells. Biology has a very good theory on this, if you study it deeply, it will likely be explained how molecules organize themselves to form more complex “macro-molecules”.

2. 2-What is the purpose of existence (life)?

Purpose is one of the other rhetorical words used to affect a person’s emotions. If by “purpose” one is asking what was the “original plan” then the simple answer is that we have no idea if there even was a plan. If by “purpose” one means “desire of existence” then the simple answer is that we have no idea if existence even has desires. If by “purpose” one means final goal, then the simple answer is that we cannot honestly fathom any goals. However, you are welcome to give any purpose you want to anything, since humans have the obvious ability to contemplate “purpose.”

3. 3-What Cause the movement of the Big Bang after it was static and stable?

Being as the movement itself is what was characterized as “the big bang” the honest answer is that we can merely speculate. The movement was likely caused because there was nothing stopping it from changing its form, so it did. Perhaps as Dr. Hawkins explains: by balancing the tiny or null amount of net energy with the product of a huge amount of time.

4. 4-We all know that the universe has a beginning that mean it will have an end , so what was before the beginning of the universe & what will be after the end of it ?

It is a lie to say that we all know the universe has a beginning, which is simply not true. We speculate that the universe had a beginning, yes. Yes, it’s easy to further speculate that if the universe had a beginning it might have an end. Yet if by “universe” you mean “everything physical” which is the common scientific definition, then what was before the beginning of the universe was likely something not physical, such as nothingness or unfathomable chaos.

5. 5-If the moon has atmosphere then life would exist on it because the Moon is located in the moderation of life just like Earth as for its distance from the sun , so Why it has no atmosphere ?

The moon has a very weak gravitational energy… I vaguely remember about 1/9 that of our earth, it likely has 1/9 of an atmosphere comparable to our own. Which is not enough of an atmosphere to support flowing water; also, I speculate that the moon does not have enough gravity to stop the Earth’s theft of the moon’s atmosphere.

6. was it a Coincidence?

Unlikely; there is likely a scientific explanation.

7. 6-The moon's orbit was once very much closer than it is today when life was yet to really get going . Natural disasters will occur if the moon was closer to the earth now?

Well, if the moon was closer, its gravity would have a greater effect on our Earth, yes.

8. If you agree then who locate it on that exact distance where it appropriate for life on Earth?

Actually, the moon has been observed to continually get further and further away from us, this is thanks to the moon landings by American Astronauts such as Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, who put mirrors on the moon so that we can measure its distance with our lasers. If I remember correctly, the moon seems to get running away from the Earth at 1 inch every year.

9. Coincidence? Nature?

Likely, the moon’s characteristics are Natural.

10. 7-Does nature or Coincidence capable of thinking ?

This is very unlikely and it seems like they aren’t.

11. 8-Who protects humans through the ages from huge deadly meteorites that could possibly end life on earth?

Though the atmosphere of the Earth, and the gravities of the Sun and planets such as Neptune and Jupiter, do somewhat protect us from large asteroids, Asteroids are also not omni-present so it seems that no large, cataclysmic asteroid has had a chance to hit the Earth during the human span.

12. 9-Was it nature that put the ozone layer & the atmosphere?? And why specifically on earth?

The Ozone layer was very likely created naturally, with the help of volcanic eruptions, biological organisms, and the Sun’s UV light. You will likely find ozone layers on many other Earth-like planets.

13. 10-Justice vs. injustice, to those whom did not find justice in this world when they will find it?

Probably when they have the capability to seek and acquire their revenge or desired punishment for the perpetrator. For those who are dead, their body is no longer able to function and disintegrates, removing a lot of the capability to seek justice that they once had as functioning human bodies. Justice is a human desire, like the desire to get wealthy, sometimes our desires are not met.

14. 11-Why all apes did not evolve & why only humans have Consciousness and thinking innovation minds of all creatures?

Apes did evolve and all populations constantly change. Why the species of apes which are not human are not human is because they don’t have to be, they have survived naturally by not being human. Seemingly, they don’t require all human characteristics in order to survive.

15. 12-Is there any scientific evidence that proves the impact of genetic mutations in the process of evolution ?

Yes. Genetic manipulation is often done in labs. If you are asking about “speciation”, I don’t know of any recorded formations of Synthetic or species speciated by human selection. Still, speciation is very easy to inform after demonstrations of mutation.

16. 13-Is it possible to inheritance through genes a new capability /recipe that acquired?

For example :
If a white person could turn his skin color from white to burnet is that mean his genes could gain the same color ?
If not then I could easly say that an important part of the theory of evolution collapse .

No, that would be absolutely wrong (for more than the fact that I’ve never heard “burnet” described as a skin color), and your conclusion would be absurd. Species acquire new genes only through mutations, not inheritance (although consequent off-spring might inherit such mutations).


17. 14-You say that material and energy are eternal, why don't you apply the same concept on the Creator (God)?

Science states and cherishes the First Law of Thermodynamics because otherwise science would be illogical and inapplicable; and if scientists believed in magic they might be led astray to chase shadows and thus loose the substance. Many scientists believe in gods. Some even say that Energy is the only God-like and immortal thing. However, such extra believes might be considered slippery slopes, as in “why don’t you apply the same concept on the Creator of the gods, and why not to the Creator of the Creator of this universe and its gods…etc.”

18. 15-When was the end of the Ice age and was it at the same Time/Ara of Noah's flood that once swept the world ?

The last ice age occurred long before the story of Noah was inscribed by the Jews. And it is far too unlikely that the world was completely submerged under water at some point in time.

19. 16-You believe that there is no such thing as soul and that the brain is the only basis of awareness !!
If you cut a Human head & keep the brean in a good shape & then You pump blood into it and you provide it with all the natural organic elements that were supplied by the body before , will that head speaks ?
If not than why ?

Yes, it seems it is unlikely that something can be “aware” without having the physical characteristics to perform that function. The head will only speak if the nerves are connected correctly. Cutting a head at the neck if very detrimental to nerve function.

--------------------------\

There you have it, all your 16 concerns diligently answered. Usually, education is given in exchange for a monetary sum, so today you are lucky that you are being correctly educated for free.
Any concerns still lingering?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top