Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:57 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times

Advertisements

It was announced this morning on a CNN website that, according to his sister, Steve Jobs' last words as he passed, were:

"Oh wow. Oh wow! Oh wow!"

So now; did he see "something" ominous, or glorious, looming? Or did he just finally realize "this was it"?

I have often (and more frequently these days..) speculated that, unless one's end is while we're sleeping, but when the car hits the concrete bridge abutment @ 92+ mph, versus...

...when one is resting peacefully in one's hospital or hospice bed, surrounded by loving friends, and we possibly do then realize the lights are turning out for the last time, we might well have a quick bit of time for some rapid intro-speculation, if we're lucky. And not too terrified. I suspect that to be the case for the wondrous Steven J.

At any rate,the speculation will now commence. I know his spirit, his hugely significant gifts to the primate-hominid's creative thinking processes, i.e.: to get out from under the established and mundane (which is typified by organized religion, to be sure...), to think again about alternates and true realities, or created ones, would have placed Steve front and center up in Heaven.

You know; where God would have no doubt put him on one of the special Future Plans Committees

("Oh say Steve: Got a minute? Tell those nerdy dweebs that are crowding you all the day long to go take a break, would-jah? So.... what do you think we could possibly try next on that other galaxy I''ve whipped up over in that next dreary quadrant? I'm drawing a creative blank here!

Can we maybe do it all with touch-screen technology and a lot of platinum panels? An entire world of 4- or 5-D; think it and it will be "reality"! Sorta like your most recent Mac OS 10.6.8? Amazing stuff; I use it all the time, esp. my very-own Facebook page! A lot of likes, but also some dislikes. S'OK.... I'll just smite those types, don't'cha worry, Steve!

Well, anyhow, maybe lemmee see something new-age in the morning could you, Steve?")
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 08:33 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Kernel Panic

Symptoms

In rare situations, your Mac may stop responding and display a message stating "You need to restart your computer". This is called a kernel panic.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:49 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Supposedly he looked at his family, his wife and then looked past them all and saw "something" that amazed him. Guess we'll never know. I think he saw the famous bright white light. Then, lights out.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:25 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,415,339 times
I think it's pointless to speculate on what, if anything, Steve Jobs saw before he died. Nobody knows what, if anything, happened.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:27 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,757 times
He always saw stuff none of the rest of us saw, didn't he?

Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default Steve Jobs as Sooth-Sayer?

Yep; he was well-known for seeing a lot of titanium-colored panelling! (OK, OK; but Steve no doubt had a great sense of humor, right?) So seriously, he may well have realized this was truly "it", the arrival of that moment he'd no doubt been contemplating for the past few weeks, or certainly days, that his consciousness was indeed fading.

Or perhaps he suddenly saw a solution for one of his last pet projects?

We'll never know, except that Steve was an atheist at the time of his death, and did not take or make that choice lightly. I wonder what Buddhism might have provided him as a calming technique or thought at his final-final moment?

I may have to look into that one.

Do rest well, Mr. Jobs. If there is functional re-incarnation, please... don't come back as a Micro-Soft engineer! You'd find no peace there! Lock-Step thinking is NOT your thing!

Old 10-31-2011, 10:57 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Supposedly he looked at his family, his wife and then looked past them all and saw "something" that amazed him. Guess we'll never know. I think he saw the famous bright white light. Then, lights out.
If this is a legitimate report of his last words (rifle is notoriously unreliable in that department) . . . using my experiences as a guide, I have no doubt whatsoever why he would exclaim so.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:47 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
I heard the same report of Jobs' last words. I suppose I'm unreliable as well.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:51 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
.......and he may have been experiencing something physical that caused the outburst.
Or he may have had this flash across his vision
http://techinfoguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/windows7boot_screen1.png (broken link)

Old 11-01-2011, 04:11 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
I am reminded of Stonewall Jackson's last words: "Let us cross over the river and rest under the shade of the trees..."

"There is a river, the streams whereof make glad the City of God..." Psalm 46:4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism