U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather go?
Heaven 5 14.29%
Hell 4 11.43%
Somewhere in between 0 0%
I'd rather just stay here 26 74.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 04:11 PM

164 posts, read 732,532 times

Advertisements

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun" - Billy Joel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 05:59 PM

4,609 posts, read 4,118,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Can you imagine an eternity of grovel and kowtowing to that sick, jealous and proud of it, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.
C'mon Asheville, tell us how you really feel. You don't have to mince words around your friends.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:20 AM

25,740 posts, read 25,413,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Hell would be what many call heaven. Can you imagine an eternity of grovel and kowtowing to that sick, jealous and proud of it, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Now that would be hell.
Seriously! If I want all that, I'll just stay married. BTDT...next stop, Hell!

Old 01-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Zur

949 posts, read 649,878 times
Heaven or Hell?
I am amazed how people can choose Hell when they do not know, what that place is like! As a Christian, I did not repent of my sins and I went through the black tunnel to Hell. It was no fun, I can tell you, anyone who is there will give everything to come out there, it is a place of terror and suffering for eternity, God does not want that anyone goes there, Jesus Christ saved me out of that place and I am thankful my whole life, that I want to serve Him, He is worthy. God send His Son to save us. It is our choice to receive His salvation. Heaven is not as many think, it is the most beautiful place, you cannot even imagine. This life is the dressing-room for eternity, blessed is he who repented of his sins and got cleansed through the blood of Jesus and walks in the love of God , forgiving others and keeping the commandments of Christ. The truth is in the word of God, the bible. Every one that seeks God, the Father of Jesus Christ, will find Him. Nobody needs to go to Hell, so long we live, we can find Him, He rejects no one, no sin is to great, He is almighty and can renew a broken vessel. God bless you!

Old 01-15-2013, 02:09 PM

41,155 posts, read 18,609,914 times
Not sure...need more information. Now, the movies in heaven...are they all PG? Are the sports teams all populated by guys like Tim Tebow and Josh Hamilton? Is there any guarantee that I won't wind up sharing a cloud with Jim and Tammy Bakker? Are the harps all acoustic or can you plug in?

Old 01-15-2013, 02:19 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,884,319 times
Cat heaven

Old 01-15-2013, 02:22 PM

283 posts, read 435,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Not sure...need more information. Now, the movies in heaven...are they all PG? Are the sports teams all populated by guys like Tim Tebow and Josh Hamilton? Is there any guarantee that I won't wind up sharing a cloud with Jim and Tammy Bakker? Are the harps all acoustic or can you plug in?

My opinions on your questions:

The reigning sports teams in heaven are, of course, the New Orleans Saints and, in baseball, the Anahein Angels. Tebow will almost certainly be taking snaps up there someday, but Hamilton's future presence as a Heavenly DH is in doubt: he could relapse again and commit some un-Christian acts.
In Hell the New Jersey Devils and the Miami Heat are the big draws.

Jim & Tammy? Umm...I don't think they made the cut. God hates hypocrites worse than up-front sinners! Jimmy & Tammy are most likely in there other place, in which the heat is making Tammy's make-up melt like a snowcone in Phoenix.

Heaven is undoubtedly an awesome recording studio with bost acoustic and electric set-ups. Like the old song tells us, "If there's a rock 'n' roll heaven, ya know they've gotta helluva band."

Old 01-15-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
Heaven or Hell?
I am amazed how people can choose Hell when they do not know, what that place is like! As a Christian, I did not repent of my sins and I went through the black tunnel to Hell. It was no fun, I can tell you, anyone who is there will give everything to come out there, it is a place of terror and suffering for eternity, God does not want that anyone goes there, Jesus Christ saved me out of that place and I am thankful my whole life, that I want to serve Him, He is worthy. God send His Son to save us. It is our choice to receive His salvation. Heaven is not as many think, it is the most beautiful place, you cannot even imagine. This life is the dressing-room for eternity, blessed is he who repented of his sins and got cleansed through the blood of Jesus and walks in the love of God , forgiving others and keeping the commandments of Christ. The truth is in the word of God, the bible. Every one that seeks God, the Father of Jesus Christ, will find Him. Nobody needs to go to Hell, so long we live, we can find Him, He rejects no one, no sin is to great, He is almighty and can renew a broken vessel. God bless you!
I'd ask how you know any of this, but fear you might answer.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickety_Split View Post
My opinions on your questions:

The reigning sports teams in heaven are, of course, the New Orleans Saints and, in baseball, the Anahein Angels. Tebow will almost certainly be taking snaps up there someday, but Hamilton's future presence as a Heavenly DH is in doubt: he could relapse again and commit some un-Christian acts.
"[/i]
The Heavenly Football League should be exciting.....I understand that all the plays are Hail Marys.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:37 PM

344 posts, read 340,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
Heaven or Hell?
Well, normally I don't respond to street corner preaching, be it on a literal street corner, or an internet street corner, but I'm going to post something this time around...

It would really be sad if god requires members of his flock to embrace Jesus in order to find heaven. If there is a god, and he deems that even the best of people cannot achieve heaven without being Christian, then this is not a good god and he is not a deity who I would want to worship, not with billions of generous, kind people either raised outside of Christianity, or coming to doubt it.

Oh wow, it looks like I found my own street corner. Sorry about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism