U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Where would you rather go?
Heaven 5 14.29%
Hell 4 11.43%
Somewhere in between 0 0%
I'd rather just stay here 26 74.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Status: "30 years! :)" (set 13 days ago)
 
Location: Somewhere.
9,957 posts, read 22,180,346 times
Reputation: 7546

Advertisements

Yesterday, one of my cousins told me I could not go to Heaven when I die, because I have not been "saved" and I also have not sworn to accept "Jesus Christ" as my "Lord" and "Savior." What are they going to do? Lock the door? lol I think I'd rather go to Hell(mythical place). Probably more fun there. As long as I don't have to accept the mythical Devil as my Lord and Savior too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-15-2011, 08:25 PM
 
Location: The Triad (NC)
28,496 posts, read 62,152,821 times
Reputation: 32177
You really should have put Vegas on the poll.

Afterall, what happens in Vegas... stays in Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 08:28 PM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
3,881 posts, read 7,306,675 times
Reputation: 5139
I've always said I'd prefer hell because if that is where are the sinners go, that's where the party will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 08:38 PM
 
16,300 posts, read 24,959,144 times
Reputation: 8282
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Yesterday, one of my cousins told me I could not go to Heaven when I die, because I have not been "saved" and I also have not sworn to accept "Jesus Christ" as my "Lord" and "Savior." What are they going to do? Lock the door? lol I think I'd rather go to Hell(mythical place). Probably more fun there. As long as I don't have to accept the mythical Devil as my Lord and Savior too.
You also won't have to deal with hypocritical judgmental loons like that in hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 09:17 PM
 
Location: Golden, CO
2,108 posts, read 2,498,425 times
Reputation: 1018
If there is a god that sends non-believers to hell, I want nothing to do with a god like that. I'd never worship a god that does that. So, if hell gets me away from that monster, to hell I'll go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 10:46 PM
 
16,300 posts, read 24,959,144 times
Reputation: 8282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
If there is a god that sends non-believers to hell, I want nothing to do with a god like that. I'd never worship a god that does that. So, if hell gets me away from that monster, to hell I'll go.
Hell would be what many call heaven. Can you imagine an eternity of grovel and kowtowing to that sick, jealous and proud of it, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Now that would be hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 10:52 PM
 
40,056 posts, read 26,735,309 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Hell would be what many call heaven. Can you imagine an eternity of grovel and kowtowing to that sick, jealous and proud of it, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Now that would be hell.
I couldn't agree more, Ashe . . . Thank God there is no such God as that. I am confident you would love the real one if you only got to know Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 11:26 PM
 
16,300 posts, read 24,959,144 times
Reputation: 8282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I couldn't agree more, Ashe . . . Thank God there is no such God as that. I am confident you would love the real one if you only got to know Him.
If I were to ever 'know' any of the thousands of gods, call the men in the white coats, for I will have surely lost all connection with reality.


They're Coming to Take Me Away Hahaaa! - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2011, 01:46 AM
Status: "30 years! :)" (set 13 days ago)
 
Location: Somewhere.
9,957 posts, read 22,180,346 times
Reputation: 7546
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
You really should have put Vegas on the poll.

Afterall, what happens in Vegas... stays in Vegas.
That's why I picked "I want to stay here" for my answer since I live in Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2011, 01:49 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 21,059,664 times
Reputation: 8620
Well lets look at the descriptions of heaven in the bible.

If you take the book of revelations as true, then heaven sounds like a place where you just sit around and worship God all day. I don't really want to do that.

Burning a lake of fire doesn't exactly sound like my cup of tea either.

I'd rather go to a heaven of my own making, without the Christian child like, jealous, murderous God that many say they worship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top