Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Abrahamic religion do you like the most overall?
Christianity 16 43.24%
Islam 5 13.51%
Judaism 16 43.24%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 11:32 AM

20 posts, read 22,091 times

Advertisements

Non-believers/Atheists/Agnostics:

Which Abrahamic religion do you admire the most? Why?

`If you were about to convert for any reason, which one would it be?
(Please pick one even if you will never do it anyway)

` Muhammed or Jesus Christ? Which main religious person do you feel like is overall better leader of the religion? Why?

` Which one has better holidays/culture/tradition?

` Would you rather live next to church, synagogue or mosque?

***PLEASE FALLOW CITY-DATA RULES***

Last edited by LaurenceDad; 12-18-2011 at 11:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 11:34 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,698,202 times
None of them. All religions seek to control people and all religions are a scourge on humanity.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
None of them. All religions seek to control people and all religions are a scourge on humanity.
Please try to still answer the questions/poll.

Just pretend that YOU have to pick one. There should be at least one religion that you *feel* is overall or slightly better than the other.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:37 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,078,423 times
None. None. None. This is sort of like asking a Christian which Hell they'd prefer to go to - The Christian Hell, the Muslim Hell, or whatever Hell you can think of. I don't admire any religion. I don't hate them either but I don't admire them. And if I don't admire or like any of them - how could I choose which one I'd possibly join? If I'm forced to pick one, I might as well write the names of all the different ones on pieces of paper, stick them in a hat, and pick one at random.

Muhammed, Jesus... it's all the same to me.

I'm not trying to be argumentative - but this is honestly how I feel.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenceDad View Post
Please try to still answer the questions/poll.

Just pretend that YOU have to pick one. There should be at least one religion that you *feel* is overall or slightly better than the other.
Why do you think that? Why do you think we should feel that one is slightly better?

Old 12-18-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
None. None. None. This is sort of like asking a Christian which Hell they'd prefer to go to - The Christian Hell, the Muslim Hell, or whatever Hell you can think of. I don't admire any religion. I don't hate them either but I don't admire them. And if I don't admire or like any of them - how could I choose which one I'd possibly join? If I'm forced to pick one, I might as well write the names of all the different ones on pieces of paper, stick them in a hat, and pick one at random.

Muhammed, Jesus... it's all the same to me.

I'm not trying to be argumentative - but this is honestly how I feel.
Ahh common people! Just pretend that you were FORCED to convert or believe in any of them, which one would you?

Which one has better holidays/culture?

Old 12-18-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenceDad View Post
Ahh common people! Just pretend that you were FORCED to convert or believe in any of them, which one would you?

Which one has better holidays/culture?
You mean pretend we are in Nazi Germany and someone has a gun to our heads?

Why the poll?

I guess since the Jews have never used force to convert anyone or threatened anyone with death - maybe I'd choose them. But honestly, I don't believe in God - so what difference would it make? How can you convert to any God-fearing religion if you don't believe in God?

Oh - and I've never heard of anyone joining a religion because they had better holidays.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:44 AM

15,501 posts, read 16,983,775 times
Perhaps a better question would have been:

If you have to live near a Theist, which would you prefer to live near?

1. A Jew
2. A Christian
3, A Muslim

Old 12-18-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Perhaps a better question would have been:

If you have to live near a Theist, which would you prefer to live near?

1. A Jew
2. A Christian
3, A Muslim
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lucy- View Post
Christianity is the only true religion

Jesus Christ was an amazing person who taught the people only good stuff. He was wonderful, loved everyone and gave us good teaching. He never hurt someone, only helped people. His speeches to the people were so enormous excellent. I love when he said "Love your enemies".

Christianity is such a peaceful and wonderful religion. Yes, some people might ruined the religion, but that's not what the religion is about. Too bad most people never read the bible, watched Jesus movies and judge the religion bad without knowing really anything about it. Being Christian is something that 2.3 billion people worldwide should be PROUD of.

Christmas/Easter/Valentines etc. are fun holidays!
Well, between these two, I'd pick the Muslim! The again, we wouldn't get to celebrate Valentine's Day...

Old 12-18-2011, 12:09 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,679,617 times
I honestly can't choose. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism