U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2012, 02:01 AM
 
7,802 posts, read 5,283,006 times
Reputation: 2973

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
Please post all and any reason or questions you have that give you a reason not to believe.
There is only one. No one has yet provided me a shred of evidence, argument, data or reasons TO believe the claim. Therefore I do not.

What more is required?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-03-2012, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Columbus, OH
857 posts, read 1,260,590 times
Reputation: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Liverpool FC? The song is religious and has been sung by an awful lot of people before it ever got to Liverpool. Note the album name and cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
"You'll Never Walk Alone" comes from the musical "Carousel" words and music by Rodgers and Hammerstein. 1945.

The version by Gerry and the Pacemakers (a Liverpool group) was sung in 1963. The Liverpool Football Club adopted it as their anthem after Gerry and the boys sang it. (I always preferred them singing "Ferry 'Cross the Mersey" personally.) Anyway, there's your Liverpool connection.

Ok. Carry on.
So thats why everyone here thinks Im a troll/religious person . I can assure you all that any religious tones from this song are lost on me, this is simply the song the fans sing at the end of every game. Just look up liverpool fc and YNWA and you will see.

Thanks Dew for trying to clear things up

Also a new argument came up during the course of drinking over the weekend and I was wondering what people here thought.

I'm having trouble putting it in the right words but basically:

If there is a God/Deity, does it hate Africans (particularly sub-Saharan)?? We were talking about how the rest of the world had the necessary circumstances to develop civilization (seasonal crops, navigable rivers, etc) and how other than North Africa there was never much civilization development. My friends wanted to say god is racist but really it would only be racist against Africans because almost everywhere else humans managed to develop into civilizations...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2012, 02:35 PM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,477,374 times
Reputation: 6954
Because fairy tales are meant for children, not adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2012, 06:21 PM
 
32,532 posts, read 30,676,091 times
Reputation: 32349
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
. I can assure you all that any religious tones from this song are lost on me, this is simply the song the fans sing at the end of every game. Just look up liverpool fc and YNWA and you will see.

Thanks Dew for trying to clear things up
You're welcome. Glad I could help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2012, 06:56 PM
 
4,226 posts, read 2,595,304 times
Reputation: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
So thats why everyone here thinks Im a troll/religious person . I can assure you all that any religious tones from this song are lost on me, this is simply the song the fans sing at the end of every game. Just look up liverpool fc and YNWA and you will see.

Thanks Dew for trying to clear things up

Also a new argument came up during the course of drinking over the weekend and I was wondering what people here thought.

I'm having trouble putting it in the right words but basically:

If there is a God/Deity, does it hate Africans (particularly sub-Saharan)?? We were talking about how the rest of the world had the necessary circumstances to develop civilization (seasonal crops, navigable rivers, etc) and how other than North Africa there was never much civilization development. My friends wanted to say god is racist but really it would only be racist against Africans because almost everywhere else humans managed to develop into civilizations...
Obviously there is more than one (lower-level) god, God, (G-d), etcedra. Firstly, I think it is necessary to define what is a God?! A God is anything more advanced than self.
What parent(s) would look amongst it's brood and discriminate?
The God of all is not divisible...no one is more privy than the next...for we are all extension of one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 PM
 
Location: Philippines
461 posts, read 509,798 times
Reputation: 216
Believe in what?

There is a point whereby one moves from "belief" to "accepting a fact."

I don't believe in a God. From personal experience, I have come to accepting that God exists and acts in my daily life. How does IT act and react in my daily life?

Through people. I don't need pillars of fire, burning bushes, a humongous hand descending from the sky. The fantastical human connections between people are mind-boggling enough, and seeing the God interacting in us all no longer requires belief. Sometimes, it is just great fun to see everything being played out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2012, 02:14 PM
 
Location: London, U.K.
2,877 posts, read 3,302,611 times
Reputation: 1589
God - never met the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 12:53 AM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,986,990 times
Reputation: 5074
If there is a God, it apparently has no affection (or hatred) for any of us. It just isn't interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 06:47 AM
 
Location: Columbus, OH
857 posts, read 1,260,590 times
Reputation: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Obviously there is more than one (lower-level) god, God, (G-d), etcedra. Firstly, I think it is necessary to define what is a God?! A God is anything more advanced than self.
What the what?? Advanced how??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Sinking in the Great Salt Lake
13,143 posts, read 19,204,425 times
Reputation: 14007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Because fairy tales are meant for children, not adults.
Haven't you heard? We don't have to grow up anymore, just stay in our parent's basements, play video games and text our friends all day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top